Buick Boosts Luxury Image

FordBuyer

Oh. I know. I know. I know.

It smells like poop by a pig farm, therefore the whole planet smells like poop.

Gee, I didn't know Premier goes around the country and then averages out every fricking Acura lease deal out there. He probably was talking about Columbus, OH as I was mentioning where I live. Sure, they quote employee pricing around here since this is Ford country where its citizens don't know nothing about how it runs. However, I travel every now and then and have noticed nice Ford lease deals in other metro areas.

Gee

Here's the deal FB. You're not posting on this thread anymore. You know why?

Because you butted into Akirby's discussion with PD and raised two of your pet subjects: 'Lincoln is circling the drain' and 'I live in METRO Detroit (which, for all I know, could be Sault Ste. Marie--the Canadian one)'.

Was PD using anecdotal evidence? Yes. Did his whole dang post revolve around that anecdotal evidence? It did not. You, on the other hand, posted nothing but what you see around METRO Detroit, and it was not only pointless and poorly thought out, it was also utterly and thoroughly irrelevant.

Please, do us a favor and get mad and go away for a while.

Edited by RichardJensen

Maybe Lincoln is on a journey of discovery that larger vehicles no longer attract as many sales as though, even back in 2007.

It could be that there is a move to progressively look at viability of smaller Lincolns, as the market changes and production stabilizes.

MKC is the start of the Compacts, a Mustang based Lincoln coupe would seem to be a more attractive proposition to offering an MKF

I have a theory that Lincoln playing counterpoint to Cadillac vehicles increases the chances of both doing better than competing head on,

am I looking to deeply into this or is this infact a deliberate strategy by Ford to aim for buyer groups where potential sales are easier and

the cost of vehicles for market does not impact significantly on their prices or return on investment.

I like the thought placed in to positioning MKZ, Cadillac has just split it's RWD market up and down away from a true Mid sizer

and iMO, that's perfect for Lincoln develop further sales and be an alternative to Lexus ES.

Edited by jpd80

Maybe Lincoln is on a journey of discovery that larger vehicles no longer attract as many sales as though, even back in 2007.

It could be that there is a move to progressively look at viability of smaller Lincolns, as the market changes and production stabilizes.

MKC is the start of the Compacts, a Mustang based Lincoln coupe would seem to be a more attractive proposition to offering an MKF...

as you & I both know wink.gif I could oh-so-easily be wrong

but

I've been getting a feeling that Lincoln is about to renew it's traditional role (pretty much)

as (relatively) LARGE & sumptuous vehicles

&

that this turn-or-broadening of their plan has been because of the MKC

(adjusts tinfoil hat) umm, more from internal reactions to it than the public's

ps

I don't see compactness as the LincStang's chief characteristic

prolley cuz I don't see it being the lowest priced Lincoln

Edited by 2b2