I just can't win...

keithmcelhinney

Well I picked up my fusion saturday after an almost 4 month wait. Used my $750 private offer and $500 cash back. Got a call yesterday that the private offer didn't cover hybrids so I have to write them a $750 check instead of getting it in my loan. Ok sucks but whatever. Today driving in to work (200 miles, don't ask) the Low Oil Pressure light keeps coming on. Check the oil and it is full. Awesome. Now I have to get my car fixed when I am not at home and have no backup transportation or anything. Hopefully I will get a loaner, but I leave on thursday...

Before everyone starts yelling to screw the dealer, the dealer gave me an UNBELIEVABLE deal because of a previous car I bought from them that sucked. I will not screw them over. Could they have been a little more careful with the paperwork? Yes. But I showed up to get my car when I wasn't supposed to and they rushed to fit me in. The dealer has been great. Not psyched on the private offer thing and that is Ford's fault. I get an email that is completely hybrid related and the coupon says in small print that it isn't applicable to hybrids. I have a case in with Ford about it...

-Keith

Not yelling, but I would have told the dealer to "eat" the $750....or the deal is off.....

Yep, or at least split it. The deal is done, and they can't force you to come back and pay the $750. Of course, if they are a good dealer, you don't want to pi$$ them off and burn that bridge. Good dealers are hard to find...

The dealer is working on getting the money from Ford but discussed other options as well. The deal is already done so I don't have the option to make them eat it. I could just not pay them but that isn't right. Considering they sold me the car at cost and gave me almost $3k more for my car than what it is worth I will take it. I want to do some customizing of the car and I think they will do the labor for me for free and maybe some oil changes/etc. They have been very good to me and there is no way I am going to screw them.

Just nervous about the oil thing..

-Keith

This is the second issue I've seen this week over the $750 rebate. I have a few of them in my hand, they are all pretty clear in the fine print they don't cover the hybrids - Raptor and a few others models are excluded. I would hope no one would expect to use something that isn't valid, and once again - it's a bit crazy as well that Vincent and the Ford systems aren't just a bit more sophisticated to reject the offer when it is applied to a VIN - it should know immediately it doesn't apply. Craziness.

Many FFH buyers may have expired coupons, because Ford delayed in delivering the cars for so long. This person waited 4 months for his.

I ordered mine at the end of August 2012, and didn't receive it until the 3rd week of February, 2013, after the original order was stuck in TBD and the car was reordered in December.

I didn't have a coupon, though.

Edited by Barsoom

tell me that you wouldn't assume without reading the whole thing

I don't assume anything when it comes to offers like that - I always read the exclusions because I know from past experience there are always exclusions.

Nobody's blaming you for that assumption and the dealer should have caught it up front through Vincent. It is strange that it was included under an ad for hybrids but those are likely two separate things where the coupon is not directly associated with what's listed above it - it just shows any current offers regardless of the vehicle being shown.

If you ordered prior to it being expired, then from what Im hearing is you are ok. My salesman pulled mine the day I ordered from Vincent, without me physically having the coupon.

And the ETA for my HyTi is April 9th. I've ordered some more brochures under my wife's name, hopefully they have the $750 coupon that doesn't exclude hybrids.

If you ordered prior to it being expired, then from what Im hearing is you are ok. My salesman pulled mine the day I ordered from Vincent, without me physically having the coupon.

It really depends. If the coupon if expired when you pick up the car, the system won't accept it. The dealer has to get Ford's approval to use it.

Yes, the coupon is in Vincent and you don't have to physically have it, but if it's expired, it won't be in Vincent anymore (mine disappeared).

• Like 1

It really depends. If the coupon if expired when you pick up the car, the system won't accept it. The dealer has to get Ford's approval to use it.

Yes, the coupon is in Vincent and you don't have to physically have it, but if it's expired, it won't be in Vincent anymore (mine disappeared).

You are correct. I contacted the marketing dept asking them about it. They pulled up my certificates, and found 2. One is in my wifes name with a may 21st expiration. Lets hope it makes it here by then.

Well - got home and checked - the one scanned is identical to mine - I thought I had read it excluded the Fusion Hybrid - but it does not. Sad they aren't honoring it since it was not excluded, This is pgm 34292 - so looks like they number this cash back just like they do the other incentive offers.

Beginning to think I didn't read real close - the fine print also says "May not combine with other private or commercial offers". What does that mean? Seems as though this is being allowed to be combined with the $1500.