MKZ Accessories

Folks,

When you find an accessory for our 2013 MKZ, please add it here with a link. I'll start it off as I just ordered these:

WeatherTech Digitalfit floorliners ... comes in Black or Tan and are made for front and rear areas. So far I don't see a truck liner for Hybrids, but there is one available for Non-hybrids.

http://www.weathertech.com/lincoln/2013/mkz/floorliner-digitalfit/

If anyone orders these liners from weather tech for their Z, please let us know ASAP ...

I'd be curious to get a hands-on-review .... I'm a little disappointed in the all-weather floor mat (front-driver) that I paid for as an upgrade!

The problem I have with virtually all the all-weather mats is that they don't cover enough carpet area to be very effective.

Folks,

When you find an accessory for our 2013 MKZ, please add it here with a link. I'll start it off as I just ordered these:

WeatherTech Digitalfit floorliners ... comes in Black or Tan and are made for front and rear areas. So far I don't see a truck liner for Hybrids, but there is one available for Non-hybrids.

http://www.weathertech.com/lincoln/2013/mkz/floorliner-digitalfit/

I had these for my 2003 Honda CRV (which, as you know, I am STILL driving!)

Loved it for the back seat. The kids, the dog, the spills. . . whip it out, hose it off, let it dry quick and back it goes. For the front, not so good. I found the edges became misshapen, and hard because of the additional use/abuse. But, as I said, if you have kids or messy adults, they're great. I'm sure the trunk liner would be fabulous.

I'm not sure yet what I'll get for the new car. I obviously still have time to search (boo hiss :sad: )

• 3 weeks later...

Reluctantly decided to add some wood. I'm still iffy on it but it kind of adds a bit of sparkle. Still wish it was offered stock which would have looked way better obviously. Also not show were the pieces around each door arm rest widow control buttons area which look kind of nice against the stock door wood trim. Full time daytime running lights "on" override mod coming on May 23rd.

post-48735-0-20435700-1367587323_thumb.jpg

That looks pretty good although the way some of the buttons aren't centered would probably bug me. It should seriously be considered as a factory installed option - gives the center console a much more premium feel over the standard plastic.

That looks pretty good although the way some of the buttons aren't centered would probably bug me. It should seriously be considered as a factory installed option - gives the center console a much more premium feel over the standard plastic.

If you imagine it flush it would be awesome as a factory option I think.

If you imagine it flush it would be awesome as a factory option I think.

You know - I'm torn on this too ......

on one hand, it does look great but yes some things dont look quite lined up properly .....

xg - is there wood trim on the cupholder coverings as well?

I'd be curious to see the pics of the door interiors as well .....

John

You know - I'm torn on this too ......

Me three... There's no doubt it warms the interior up, but there's a bit of a kit-car feel with the haptic buttons sitting in the wells like that...

Very, very split...

I know they're not technically considered "Accessories", but i thought this might be a good reference link for those of us who own the 2013 MKZ Hybrid:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXM4&partnum=445VR8MXM4P&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Lincoln&autoYear=2013&autoModel=MKZ%20Hybrid&autoModClar=

(these are the exact same tires that came with my hybrid, 18-inch versions)

seeing that there is no spare (donut or otherwise) ... I'll be ordering at least 2 of these to have on hand!

Edited by jschmitt3

JS, the miss-alignment of a few of the buttons is what messes this up for me. It's not that noticeable until you start looking for it but they are sending me these pieces to replace the ones that broke when I was installing it since some of the edges are very thin. Maybe it will fit better but since they probably fit this kit to one of the prototype cars, I'm not surprised it is a bit off. The cup holders also have pieces but I didn't put them on yet because I always have them open since my phone goes in there. This was the only kit manufacturer that so far has the 2013 MKZ listed. The kit uses real wood (thin veneer topped with lucite) and it does look like factory match up close, but it only costs about $175 on sale, so it's not a huge investment. They say it can be removed with a hairdryer if necessary. I also like the way the door/window button pieces look. I'll see what the replacements look like and probably leave it on for a while. It does warm the car up in real life and looks better than in the pictures. But like any wood kit, if you inspect it closely it's obviously not a 100% perfect fit. Then again, neither are some of the stock Lincoln parts like the speaker cover. One side is higher then the other. Ironically, this wood kit covers up that flaw.

Does anyone with the hybrid have the cargo net installed ?

if so - please excuse a stupid question ..... but how did you install it? (my dealer just now sent me mine)

I cant seem to find the locations to for the clips and for the other 2 rope hooks?

There are 4 rope hooks/loops ... I only see a place for 2 of them ....

Thoughts?

if so - please excuse a stupid question ..... but how did you install it? (my dealer just now sent me mine)

I cant seem to find the locations to for the clips and for the other 2 rope hooks?

There are 4 rope hooks/loops ... I only see a place for 2 of them ....

Thoughts?

In my 2000 LS I had to install 2 additional hooks. The holes were there but I had to cut a slit in the carpet. It was in the instructions.

In my 2000 LS I had to install 2 additional hooks. The holes were there but I had to cut a slit in the carpet. It was in the instructions.

Hmmm ... I got no instructions with the cargo net - and there appears to be nothing in the owner's manual about it!

My 03 LS actually has 4 loops. It was the same though in that the holes were already there but the carpet required slitting. I ordered the cargo net last weekend for the new MKZ I ordered in December and will be here today or tomorrow. That net was the best thing I put on the LS.

Again, aiming at that "luxury experience" thing, it would have been nice if your dealer called and said, "Your cargo net came in and we'd be happy to install it for you at your convenience."

When I owned a 1 series BMW in the past and ordered accessories that's what my dealer used to do...

Just sayin'...

• 2 weeks later...