Garage Controls

tkrupka

The FFH I test drove had garage controls built in to the driver's side visor. Does anyone else think this is a bad idea? It just seems with the movement of the visor constantly, that it couldn't be good for the electronics involved. Any comments?

The FFH I test drove had garage controls built in to the driver's side visor. Does anyone else think this is a bad idea? It just seems with the movement of the visor constantly, that it couldn't be good for the electronics involved. Any comments?

Had this same layout on my 01 Maxima and had that for ten years with not one hiccup. Think about how much abuse your steering wheel gets and all the stuff on that... :)

Do you guys know if the remote built-in the Fusion will use rolling security codes, or does it just use one code? My garage door opener has rolling codes, but it'll work with remotes that don't have rolling codes and circumvent that security feature. I got it working, but there's no way to tell if the codes ever change.

I also seem to have to hold the button down for 1-2 second to open the door. On the original remote I can do a quick press/release and the door will open. Is this normal?

I have the Homelink on my 2007 Montego. The long press seems normal for the Homelink setup. Not sure why. But the mother in law's Buick had Homelink and it did the same thing. Opener button that came with the garage didn't.

My opener is a Chamberlain brand only 4 years old and uses rolling codes. I followed the procedure in the manual and was able to setup both my two doors to use their openers.

I somehow missed out on the homelink in my '13 2.0L Titanium. Dunno if it was an option I missed when ordering, or just not an option for that build. Anyone know if I can pick up a homelink visor aftermarket?

It's included with the sunroof, so you must have not ordered that. I don't see why you can't order the visor from Ford and have them hook it up. They can probably tap on to the light switches for power.

Do you guys know if the remote built-in the Fusion will use rolling security codes, or does it just use one code? My garage door opener has rolling codes, but it'll work with remotes that don't have rolling codes and circumvent that security feature. I got it working, but there's no way to tell if the codes ever change.

I also seem to have to hold the button down for 1-2 second to open the door. On the original remote I can do a quick press/release and the door will open. Is this normal?

It works. For proper progamming you have to press the programming button (it is red on my garage opener) on your gaarage opener and hit the Homelink button within 30 seconds (sometimes you need to press the homelink button twice for proper programming). I just programmed mine and they worked fine.

Regardes,

APM

I somehow missed out on the homelink in my '13 2.0L Titanium. Dunno if it was an option I missed when ordering, or just not an option for that build. Anyone know if I can pick up a homelink visor aftermarket?

It's included with the sunroof, so you must have not ordered that. I don't see why you can't order the visor from Ford and have them hook it up. They can probably tap on to the light switches for power.

I had a 2010 Fusion which didn't have the Homelink as an option at all. It was only available on the MKZ and Zephir. I went to a junk yard and purchased the two visors from a damaged MKZ for $40. They charged me more, because I started asking questions about the homelink, if I hadn't I could have gotten them for about $20. The installation was really easy... removing a couple of screws and cutting the cable coming in to the original visor, 10 minutes tops.

Regards,

APM

It works. For proper progamming you have to press the programming button (it is red on my garage opener) on your gaarage opener and hit the Homelink button within 30 seconds (sometimes you need to press the homelink button twice for proper programming). I just programmed mine and they worked fine.

Regardes,

APM

I programmed it with the original remote in the car, didn't use the learn button on the actual door opener. I guess I'll reset the programming and do it again with the learn button :)

Guest RRF985

Normal.

I programmed it with the original remote in the car, didn't use the learn button on the actual door opener. I guess I'll reset the programming and do it again with the learn button :)

Sorry.. I re-read my post and I don't think it was clear enough...

Here is the deal... First, program the homelink button per the manual... note that you may have to press the button on your remote control a couple of times while you continue to hold the homelink button for proper programming. Once the homelink button in properly programmed, then go press the button on the garage opener (not the remote control) and return to the car within 30 seconds and press the homelink button (you may have to press it a couple of times here as well for proper programming).

Hope this helps...

Regards,

APM

Once the homelink button in properly programmed, then go press the button on the garage opener (not the remote control) and return to the car within 30 seconds and press the homelink button (you may have to press it a couple of times here as well for proper programming).

What does this additional step do? My homelink button already opens the garage door, so does this allow it to start using rolling codes?

Thanks for all the help! My wife had homelink in her car and in 3.5 years I didn't get to programming it. I did both cars this weekend. With her car, I had to do that second step to get it to open the door, but with mine it just opened without pushing the learn button on the door opener.

What does this additional step do? My homelink button already opens the garage door, so does this allow it to start using rolling codes?

Thanks for all the help! My wife had homelink in her car and in 3.5 years I didn't get to programming it. I did both cars this weekend. With her car, I had to do that second step to get it to open the door, but with mine it just opened without pushing the learn button on the door opener.

I thought the additional step was for the programmed button and the garage door to properly commuicate. My garage opener is about 12 years old and it requires this step for programming. Even the orignal 3 button remotes had to be programmed in two steps. I guess your's must be a newer model that does not require the second step when using a newer remote.

Regards,

APM