Good News For Michigan!

MTP_UAW

This was on another board. Any truth to it?

On my way out of work today I was told of a rumor about MTP. Supposedly this was told by a female bargaining rep from MTP said there will be 2 weeks down time, 2 weeks work then an announcment of closing the plant. Anyone else hear this?

Wixom will go to warm idle and they wait for the contract and all the bargining chips to deal with. Didn't stl get saved the last contract.

Wixom is the only true plant that has flexed and I believe that management can't get all this trickey flex crap working right for under 200 mil per change. Wixom HAS built 3 different platforms and changed models on the fly. Dont count Wixom out by any means yet.

They also said they MAY invest a Billion in Mich plants, research. The two words here are MAY and RESEARCH.

This was on another board. Any truth to it?

On my way out of work today I was told of a rumor about MTP. Supposedly this was told by a female bargaining rep from MTP said there will be 2 weeks down time, 2 weeks work then an announcment of closing the plant. Anyone else hear this?

We're off this week and we're back to work next week. No, the plant won't be closing next month.

What other board are you referring to?

i hate to burst your bubble, but do not forget what the wizard said on aug 4.

Today a HIGH level meeting took place between the Ford Motor Co. and Uaw over Sterling and Rawsonville's future plans. Soon you will read in the newspaper that Governor Granhom has negotiated a mutil-million dollar aid package for Ford motor to help keep jobs ( up to three times what she offered for Wixom). Some of the plants to be named will be Van Dyke, Romeo engine, Sterling, MPG, and MTP and others totally over 13,000 jobs. Ford would like to take this package but doesn't want to be tied to plant specifics incase they decide to close any come September's announcement of accelerating the " which way is Forward plan "

as to buyouts indications are they will be going NATIONAL soon !! and new work rules will be coming for all

This post has been edited by the_wizard: Aug 4 2006, 04:59 PM

this is from the sterling axel ,f150

on bon. good luck you need it

ps. as nap goes so goes ford!!! :titanic: :titanic: :titanic:

Edited by ab1969

I'm not going to believe any of it until after next month's announcement on what Ford does. As for Granholm, this is just election year pandering. Where was she for 3 1/2 years concerning tax breaks for domestic automakers while she sucks up to Toyota?

Think real hard about that one... The other issues will be brought up at a future time.

I'm not going to believe any of it until after next month's announcement on what Ford does. As for Granholm, this is just election year pandering. Where was she for 3 1/2 years concerning tax breaks for domestic automakers while she sucks up to Toyota?

Think real hard about that one... The other issues will be brought up at a future time.

I think that you are right. i know the two transmission plants in Michigan recently received major investments.

Granholm really dropped the ball on Wixom, and she is trying to attone. These investments appear to facilitate mostly the next gen F-150, and in reality will not add any jobs to the state.

I think that you are right. i know the two transmission plants in Michigan recently received major investments.

Granholm really dropped the ball on Wixom, and she is trying to attone. These investments appear to facilitate mostly the next gen F-150, and in reality will not add any jobs to the state.

Don't forget how many people are going to retire, get bought out, laid off from those plants. It ain't gonna add jobs!

Wixom was doomed for this reason I believe... The interchange on I-96 is outdated by the plant there on Wixom Rd. was originally on the rebuilt and repair list when Gov. Engler left office. It was taken off thanks to her and then MDOT director Gloria Jeff, a Detroit native who both crafted that bullshit plan of fix existing roads first in urban areas. Now all of a sudden, when there's a new appointed MDOT director 4 or 5 months ago. And again being an election year this project is back on the list but not scheduled to be completed for the next 2 or 3 years! :finger::headscratch: :pig:

Be very skeptical of what's behind the scenes on this one. Tax breaks for Ford while they are cutting jobs? Something stinks all the way from Traverse City, to Lansing, and back to Dearborn if you ask me.

Don't forget how many people are going to retire, get bought out, laid off from those plants. It ain't gonna add jobs!

Wixom was doomed for this reason I believe... The interchange on I-96 is outdated by the plant there on Wixom Rd. was originally on the rebuilt and repair list when Gov. Engler left office. It was taken off thanks to her and then MDOT director Gloria Jeff, a Detroit native who both crafted that bullshit plan of fix existing roads first in urban areas. Now all of a sudden, when there's a new appointed MDOT director 4 or 5 months ago. And again being an election year this project is back on the list but not scheduled to be completed for the next 2 or 3 years! :finger::headscratch: :pig:

Be very skeptical of what's behind the scenes on this one. Tax breaks for Ford while they are cutting jobs? Something stinks all the way from Traverse City, to Lansing, and back to Dearborn if you ask me.

Humm watch by next july. Read something not too long ago about that interchange work starting sometime next year. Makes sense because if that is closed the only way to get on and off the freeway would be beck road. Plant cannot run while that is going on so just look for work to begin.

Survey crews were out doing their thing on the Wixom Rd. interchange for the last mo. and also some underground work going on under Wixom Rd. A good bet would be construction will begin not long after the Wixom plant is idled. It took Beck Rd. about a year to get done so that would give Ford or Ford land time to flex or start demo on the plant. One thing is for sure, It will be discussed at the next contract. IT's pretty weird how all this stuff is comming down at the same time.

Survey crews were out doing their thing on the Wixom Rd. interchange for the last mo. and also some underground work going on under Wixom Rd. A good bet would be construction will begin not long after the Wixom plant is idled. It took Beck Rd. about a year to get done so that would give Ford or Ford land time to flex or start demo on the plant. One thing is for sure, It will be discussed at the next contract. IT's pretty weird how all this stuff is comming down at the same time.

I used to live their and yes it is strange but remember most of the plant has been gutted in the parts that are not used anymore. The continental took alot of room in that plant and all parts that it used to be in are now either storage or just open space. I personally would not be suprised to hear wixom is going to get a new final area. Expand the body shop the LS used to be in and knock the old one down. If you work at wixom take a walk and see if the batwing is still intact. My guess is if they have not started to take out parts of the LS line they will start soon. Braze booth will go most likely first because that is the only thing that is really not bolted onto the floor. Just can't wait for them to say wixom is going idle status in 4th quarter. If you need to find the batwing just ask someone in the bodyshop.