Q & A with Mark Fields

Not a bad article. It was what I expected from MF.

The one thing that stuck out was the considerations for upcoming product announcements. I believe the words he used were:

"Forthcoming and clearer about our future products and when they are arriving so there is greater clarity about where we are. But we have to do that without compromising our competitive position."

Sounds good yet I wonder how good is their "competitive position" that requires them to keep the info down to a vague trickle?

I know here we can all figure out whats going on but the general public does not. The words got to get out.

Not a bad article. It was what I expected from MF.

The one thing that stuck out was the considerations for upcoming product announcements. I believe the words he used were:

"Forthcoming and clearer about our future products and when they are arriving so there is greater clarity about where we are. But we have to do that without compromising our competitive position."

Sounds good yet I wonder how good is their "competitive position" that requires them to keep the info down to a vague trickle?

I know here we can all figure out whats going on but the general public does not. The words got to get out.

it means don't let Chev and Dodge know about Mustang changes while they are still ironing out the Camaro/Challenger.

Same with the F150.

All segments (except full size vans) are extremely competitive. Last minute chamges can always be made. Just look at what Ford did to the Titan. They waiting until Nissan revealed tow numbers then Ford corrected theirs when it was too late for Nissan to do anything.

So I get it. Its not nice to be kept in the dark... but they have to.

it means don't let Chev and Dodge know about Mustang changes while they are still ironing out the Camaro/Challenger.

Same with the F150.

All segments (except full size vans) are extremely competitive. Last minute chamges can always be made. Just look at what Ford did to the Titan. They waiting until Nissan revealed tow numbers then Ford corrected theirs when it was too late for Nissan to do anything.

So I get it. Its not nice to be kept in the dark... but they have to.

I agree...it's Business 101 to keep new products as quiet as possible. I am sure Ford would love to give us all the great details on new products since it would help build support for the company, but in business that is a bad idea. Companies love to copy products and if they hear about something cool coming (like Ford's soon to come...capless fuel filler) they will copy it in their new products.