The Seinfeld Thread-A rambling, non-strict topic thread free-for-all

WATCH: The magically loony Taiwanese CGI take on Wendy Davis' filibuster

http://theweek.com/article/index/246214/watch-the-magically-loony-taiwanese-cgi-take-on-wendy-davis-filibuster

Delightful to see how the rest of the world sees the Texas Troglodytes . . .

WATCH: The magically loony Taiwanese CGI take on Wendy Davis' filibuster

http://theweek.com/article/index/246214/watch-the-magically-loony-taiwanese-cgi-take-on-wendy-davis-filibuster

Delightful to see how the rest of the world sees the Texas Troglodytes . . .

And tell us again why Texas should be worried about "the rest of the world"?

So it's your opinion that most of the women in Texas are insane?.....interesting...how many do you know?

Only a handful, but based on what would seem to be a good number of them supporting the legislators that they do, it seems pretty safe to infer.

And after moderating here for a few years, I've become an expert on identifying insanity. :poke:

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 1

Only a handful, but based on what would seem to be a good number of them supporting the legislators that they do, it seems pretty safe to infer. :poke:

So people that have a different belief system than you are insane?............and you are "suppose" to be the moderator here.......maybe BON should re-think that...

So people that have a different belief system than you are insane?

In some cases it can certainly be argued.

............and you are "suppose" to be the moderator here.......maybe BON should re-think that...

...OOOOOOOOOOR you can try not to take every post so darn seriously.

• Like 1

If I had to choose between living in Texas or a complete shithole, I mean Maryland, I'd choose Texas seven days a week. In fact I have lived in both states and I would still choose Texas any day of the week without hesitation.

:hysterical:

Okay, BlackHorse. I see we're now down to the "My state can beat up your state" level of vitriol. How...uhhh...mature.

I do find it pretty amusing that you and a few others throw me into the liberal camp all the time while others like LH swear I'm one of the most conservative people on the forums. :)

As for Maryland...there's typically only one major reason people leave: they can't (or don't want to) pay what it costs to live here. :shrug:

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 1

Conservative, but certainly not Republican. ;)

That's how I always thought of you. With respect to the whole state thing, however, I was just giving my honest opinion. I've lived in both TX and MD and Texas was unquestionably a better state to live in all the way around. The lower tax rate that you pointed out is true, but I also prefer TX because overall you had a much more polite and well mannered population despite your claims that they are all crazy lol. Texas has a very good job market, great BBQ, lots of space and a shitload of beautiful women. And given that you're a Ford fan one might think that you would have a favorable opinion of Texas. Do you have any idea how many F150's get sold there?

That's how I always thought of you. With respect to the whole state thing, however, I was just giving my honest opinion. I've lived in both TX and MD and Texas was unquestionably a better state to live in all the way around. The lower tax rate that you pointed out is true, but I also prefer TX because overall you had a much more polite and well mannered population despite your claims that they are all crazy lol. Texas has a very good job market, great BBQ, lots of space and a shitload of beautiful women. And given that you're a Ford fan one might think that you would have a favorable opinion of Texas. Do you have any idea how many F150's get sold there?

The music is better in Texas than MD and the same for concert halls, except Billy Bob's. That place sucks. I've been to Gruene Hall for a few shows and it's always been cool. I think my favorite Red Dirt bands are out of Ok though originally.

The music is better in Texas than MD and the same for concert halls, except Billy Bob's. That place sucks. I've been to Gruene Hall for a few shows and it's always been cool. I think my favorite Red Dirt bands are out of Ok though originally.

True, and then of course there is the Dallas Cowboys (and their cheer leaders) and Cowboy stadium. Furthermore, if you ever want a great steak dinner for not a lot of money there are a lot of little mom and pop steak houses across Texas that will fix you right up.

I'm sure they sell a lot of Fords, but I'm certainly not going to choose where I live based on the percentage of Ford owners who live there. I'll take the top-rated schools, low unemployment, excellent universities, world-reknowned hospitals, award-winning beaches, high-tech industries, etc.

Frankly, Maryland is one of the wealthiest states in the country. Okay, fine, so you didn't like it. But you are only being dishonest by referring to it as any kind of "shithole".

Statement from Edward Snowden in Moscow

Monday July 1, 21:40 UTC

One week ago I left Hong Kong after it became clear that my freedom and safety were under threat for revealing the truth. My continued liberty has been owed to the efforts of friends new and old, family, and others who I have never met and probably never will. I trusted them with my life and they returned that trust with a faith in me for which I will always be thankful.

On Thursday, President Obama declared before the world that he would not permit any diplomatic "wheeling and dealing" over my case. Yet now it is being reported that after promising not to do so, the President ordered his Vice President to pressure the leaders of nations from which I have requested protection to deny my asylum petitions.

This kind of deception from a world leader is not justice, and neither is the extralegal penalty of exile. These are the old, bad tools of political aggression. Their purpose is to frighten, not me, but those who would come after me.

For decades the United States of America has been one of the strongest defenders of the human right to seek asylum. Sadly, this right, laid out and voted for by the U.S. in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is now being rejected by the current government of my country. The Obama administration has now adopted the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum.

In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless. No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised — and it should be.

I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many.

Edward Joseph Snowden

Monday 1st July 2013

I'm sure they sell a lot of Fords, but I'm certainly not going to choose where I live based on the percentage of Ford owners who live there. I'll take the top-rated schools, low unemployment, excellent universities, world-reknowned hospitals, award-winning beaches, high-tech industries, etc.

Frankly, Maryland is one of the wealthiest states in the country. Okay, fine, so you didn't like it. But you are only being dishonest by referring to it as any kind of "shithole".

"..OOOOOOOOOOR you can try not to take every post so darn seriously."

I'll take the top-rated schools, low unemployment, excellent universities, world-reknowned hospitals, award-winning beaches, high-tech industries, etc.

How did that become this?

Welcome to North Carolina.

I'll agree that you have great beaches and universities. I've never used your hospitals but this

47 NORTH CAROLINA 8.8

Is not low unemployment. The May seasonally adjusted rate for NC is awful.