New sync update coming very soon?

B-Square was founded by a bunch of guys who used to work at MSFT. Judging by the way they handled MFT, their departure from MSFT was a net gain for the company.

My understanding of the situation is that B-Square massively overreached on the MFT project. They were not equipped to handle it, and they got the project the good old fashioned way: By having a good sales staff. In fact, that's one of my biggest irritants with the tech industry: the notion that it's a meritocracy and that good products are rewarded. Horse-apples! If you've got a better sales organization, your product will do better, even if it is worse. And if you're selling services, then the sales organization is even more important. Service & product acquisition in tech is just horrible. It's just...... horrible. It's inefficient, often the decision makers don't have the foggiest idea what they're doing----which is why sales staff is so important, and why so much of what is sold is junk.

Yeah, they've been fired. MSFT is doing the development going forward.

Edited by RichardJensen

All this chatter about the next Softwear Update and Patch for either SYNC or MFT is so exciting! Instead of worrying about a serious matter such as an accelerator pedal sticking or a fuel or brake line breach, one can consume themselves 24/7 waiting for the next "Improvement" to add quality to their Driving Experience and how long will it be before it is launched! I for one would like a Silver Bullet Update to simply disable/deactivate all this nonsense and have a default setting that simply improves Fuel Economy and allows the Driver to simple drive and allow one to get off the roads and highways before you can utilize your Technology addiction without fearing you will suddenly implode or explode if your connectivity failed you!

• Like 1

Yeah, well, I'm not inclined to buy the Wikipedia account of when they began. That article is like a cut-and-paste from their "About Us" page.

Their "about us" page is actually rather content-free, as far as their history goes. According to this article ( http://microsoft-news.tmcnet.com/microsoft/articles/191969-bsquare-enters-13th-year-as-embedded-oem-distributor.htm/ ), Bsquare entered their 13th year as an "Embedded OEM Distributor" for Ford in 2011, so they must've existed by 1998.

It's entirely possible that they hired (away) a bunch of ex-Microsoft employees to do MFT, or that they were founded by ex-Microsofties, but I don't think we can continue with the notion that they were founded by ex-MSFT employees to do MFT.

BTW, this article from 2011 ( http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2011/02/09/bsquare-ford-extend-deal-through-2011.html ) confirms that they are the Bsquare that were the lead developers on MFT:

BSquare (NASDAQ: BSQR) is the lead development partner on Ford’s MyFord Touch system.

I do find it interesting that their Web site ( http://www.bsquare.com/ ) makes almost no mention of Ford or MFT...

Edited by SoonerLS

I didn't say they were founded to do MFT. Sorry if the context suggested that notion.

They were completely incapable of handling the project, but I expect they put on one heckuva sales pitch. Probably talked about how long they'd been working on Windows CE, without talking about how little experience they had with *modern* software development. Not surprised Adobe's still working with them. They seem to have no issues with bloated software that doesn't work well and consumes vast resources (yes, I'm looking at you, Reader XI).

And of course, they don't say much about MFT. They did a terrible job on it and got fired.

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried a different media player instead of iTunes? I've been using Media Monkey and I've haven't had a random re-index of my SDcard since the update. Have you also selected shuffle music under options? I had mine playing each song in Numeric/alphabetical order till I did that.

I know this post is kind of old, but I have not had sync re-index issue in over 2 weeks. I have not changed anything (hell, haven't even removed the SD card since my last post).

However, now that I posted this, I have a feeling it's going to do it the next time I start my car ;)

• Like 1