New sync update coming very soon?

Easy install, about 25 minutes ('012 Focus, no navigation). No problem pairing with my cell phone. The "Where I Am" feature showing the lat/longs is kind of nice. Haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but doesn't appear to be all that different, at least at first glance. Maybe I'll notice more differences this afternoon.

Well, nuts. SyncMyRide says my truck has the most recent version of Sync (the one it had when it left the factory). I guess I'm stuck with it randomly changing the input on startup and occasionally ignoring the hell out of my voice commands. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't keep switching to FM on BLOW YOUR FREAKING EARDRUMS OUT.

• Like 2

Both. From the website:

The new software update for SYNC with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

• Improved system performance
  • Improved Home Screen
    • Increased Touch Zones on Home Screen
  • Improved screen interactions while using voice
  • Updated support for phones and media players
  • Improvements to System Installation
    • Quicker install - < 30 minutes
    • Persistence of Navigation Favorites during installation

It's version 2, 3.6.2.

No, as there is no internet connection for MFT.

You can stick one of those USB mobile hotspots cards (that are made for laptops) into the car's USB port and gain internet connectivity that way. Of course you have to pay for the card and the data plan from your phone provider. It works, but can be pricy.

You can stick one of those USB mobile hotspots cards (that are made for laptops) into the car's USB port and gain internet connectivity that way. Of course you have to pay for the card and the data plan from your phone provider. It works, but can be pricy.

Does that hotspot give MFT internet access?

I just put the update on my SHO and I saw a couple changes, first one was I was able to connect up to my houses Wifi connection (what for, not sure) and I noticed that touch screen seemed a bit more responsive and that they added a thermometer to the climate control as a shortcut to change settings, say if your in navigation.

It re-indexed my USB stick but didn't take as long as it has in the past...see if quits doing it randomly and can play an entire album/playlist for me without going back to the default song!

I'll report back in a couple days to see what else it brings me...

I think it actually can turn the entire car into a Wi-Fi hot spot for devices inside the car such as laptops, Tablets, Smart Phones, etc!

Yes, but not for MFT updates which was the original question. You can't download the update to the car with wi-fi or cell data connection.

Some more observations while driving into work...Voice commands seem improved...more snapper

One quirk so far...I have the time set to auto update according to time zone and for some reason it thought it wasn't DSL...the clock rolled itself back an hour.

OK guys....tried 3 times to download the update. It gets to 5% then doesn't go any further. After 30 minutes; I figure it's stalled.

Mine did the same, I thought I could grab it before work this morning and do the new download on my morning commute but the download took too long. I took my flash drive to work and started the download there and left it. I checked in an hour and so and it downloaded fine. I did perform the upgrade on my way home from work successfully.

I did have a slight hiccup re-pairing my phone so I selected "forget this device" turned off my Bluetooth and turned it back on and when it found my phone I simply paired the device and all was well once again.

Good luck.

Can I get an update for the NON-touch screen MyFord system? It has been sucking for a very long time now.

Mine has been sucking for the last two years and although hundreds of people have posted about the same problem over on syncmyride.com no update has ever came. My guess is that they are finished providing any sort of updates to legacy systems.

• Like 1

Apparently my work computer blocked some files. Downloaded at home and installed. Only issue I was having was it wasn't reading my texts to me. That's fixed. It still doesn't read texts from my wife's phone.

The same here, I didn’t learn this until my morning commute to work when I received an error message warning me that the upload was unsuccessful. It appears that I too will be attempting this again from my home computer.

I still have the unknown caller/number come up right hand side of the IP display..small annoyance since it happens irregularly. The voice commands have a huge improvement performance wise though..I was playing with it on the way home and had the POI I was looking for with in 30 seconds instead of it taking twice as a long prior to the update. The voice performance was better than a Kia Opimta my co-worker just got.

So far so good with the update...