Auto Park Option

I've not tried it yet. Admittedly I'm an outstanding parallel parking expert. Pardon my arrogance, plus I've not had a need yet in my fair-sized city of Bloomington, IN. I will try it though for the sake of trying once I have an application or need for it.

I'm fairly confident that it's pretty intuitive to use IIRC. While searching for a spot simply push the auto-park button to the right of the center stack and it will tell you when it finds a spot big enough. From that point I'm pretty sure it instructs you. What I don't remember is how to perform this on a one way street for left side parking as it defaults to searching for a right-side parking spot.

What I don't remember is how to perform this on a one way street for left side parking as it defaults to searching for a right-side parking spot.

Activate your left turn signal to search on the left.

Be sure to take your hands off of the steering wheel before starting to back up or it will fault with a failure message and tell you to see the Owner's Manual.

I find it faster just to park the darn car. By the time I line the car up and go through all the promps I can be parked and half way to my destination. I think it is a feature for people who don't know how to parrallel park.

I have it but haven't yet had to parallel park.

Get two friends to park their cars so you can practice.

You don't want to learn how it works with traffic backing up behind you.

The first mistake you will make is to forget to take your hands off of the steering wheel which will result in an abort.

Guess how I know that.

Has anyone used the find a parking spot function and used the car's feature to self park into a spot ? We were shown it while on our drive with the dealer but have yet to use it. Not sure I even remember how to -

I used mine in my '13 MKZ Hybrid for the very first time two days ago (Thursday of this week) and it worked flawlessly.

I usually drive directly into a parallel spot as I usually arrive at work early enough to get my pick of spots but, this time, no. There were cars in at least every other spot so I thought, "Well, time to try this out and see if it works." It did. Perfectly.

It was weird not to have my hands on the steering wheel, but I just followed directions and it worked perfectly. I then bragged about it to some of my colleagues at work . . . . :-)

If you do a lot of parallel parking and haven't used your parking assist technology, you are missing a wonderful experience. Parking has never been a problem for me, but using the parking assist is a delightful experience. To park on the right side, just push the parking assist button on the stack, then drive slowly past the cars where you want to park. As soon as the sensors find a spot where your car will fit, a red light illuminates in the instrument panel to stop your car. It then tells you to remove your hands from the steering wheel and put the car in reverse. With your foot on the brake, the steering wheel turns and the car moves into the open location. Your car sensors will tell you how close you are to the car from the rear, when you hear them, stop the car and you should be parked just the right distance from the curb. To do the same thing on the left side, just turn your left turn signals on and the parking assist and you will have the same experience as the right side. If you are timid about trying the assist, like I initially was, I practiced in my neighborhood. Try it- You will like it. The manual also has good information.

If you do a lot of parallel parking and haven't used your parking assist technology, you are missing a wonderful experience. Parking has never been a problem for me, but using the parking assist is a delightful experience. To park on the right side, just push the parking assist button on the stack, then drive slowly past the cars where you want to park. As soon as the sensors find a spot where your car will fit, a red light illuminates in the instrument panel to stop your car. It then tells you to remove your hands from the steering wheel and put the car in reverse. With your foot on the brake, the steering wheel turns and the car moves into the open location. Your car sensors will tell you how close you are to the car from the rear, when you hear them, stop the car and you should be parked just the right distance from the curb. To do the same thing on the left side, just turn your left turn signals on and the parking assist and you will have the same experience as the right side. If you are timid about trying the assist, like I initially was, I practiced in my neighborhood. Try it- You will like it. The manual also has good information.

Oh my god, I just parked three cars in the time it took me to read thses instructions! Serioulsy, what a waste of money to have this feature.