"New" Discontinued Vehicle Sales

OHV 16V

Something fun. For the month of June, these were actually recorded sales of new, unsold, discontinued models. Some of them, I can't believe how long they've been out of production.(!) I've put the end-production date after so you don't have to look it up...

Hyundai Veracruz - 10 (11/15/2011, rebadged as '12s)

Buick Lucerne - 5 (6/15/2011)

Cadillac STS - 4 (5/4/2011)

Acura RL - 3 (?? RLX shown in April 2012)

Honda S2000 - 2 (6/2009)

Lexus LFA - 1 (12/14/2012) - No surprise here, highest bidder...

A lot of times these sort of models end up as demos for dealers and end up on the used car lot after awhile. I recall our Ford dealer having several 3 MY-old Tauruses still on the lot for awhile that they ended up doing that with. I think they booked them as "new" sales directly to the dealer principal and then sent them to the used lot just so the books would balance properly with the manufacturer...

That S2000 number is pretty funny though.

Edited by NickF1011

I, um, uh...well, I thought the Lucerne was still being produced/sold. Sorry, Buick. I honestly like to think I'm up on things, so maybe Buick needs to step up its marketing.

You want them to advertise a vehicle has been discontinued?

I can hear the ad copy now...

"Buick: No longer making boring, FWD, grandpa mobiles like that shitty Lucerne. We're now building boring, FWD, grandpa-mobiles like Lacrosse and Verano."

It's so true. Their cars all pretty much look the same, just in different sizes, and almost every one I see is some sort of champagne color.

• Like 2

almost every one I see is some sort of champagne color.

Thats the go-to color for old farts besides gold....I couldn't believe it when I drove into my parents retirement community...they had a half dozen gold cars on their street, including the Sable they had at the time!

It's so true. Their cars all pretty much look the same, just in different sizes, and almost every one I see is some sort of champagne color.

I agree. From a distance, I usually can't tell which model I am looking at. Of course, Cadillac is almost as bad (at least from the front view).