Ford of Austrlia to halt auto production?

Read in Motor Trend that FoMoCo is OZ is going to stop building local products. Smaller cars and imports are the stated reason. Holden's big cars and the Falcon are losing market share as fuel prices increase and fuel efficint cars are needed. Ford is to import models from other markets. What do you make of this?

So now that I have been unable to find this here archived discussion, maybe there is someone else who can hook me up Yes, I can be a pain in the ass, but at 60 years of age, I have been driving for 44 years and have owned over 30 vehicles, many of them Ford products. I just wanna see what's going on. Thanks.

It sounded like you were trying to be mean spirited. Too bad since I am so not that way. Cyber behavior should always be good. But, that discussion took place BEFORE any actual announcement was made in it's original statement. It is now official that Ford will import cars from different countries to sell in Australia. The Falcon will die and that was all I wanted to discuss. As they say on tv, now, you can fuggetabowtit. If you were not trying to be a wiseguy, thank you for your link.

I was actually surprised that it was that long ago. I would have thought 6-8 months.

Ford only announced it in May, the plants closes three years time to allow workers time to transition.

A refreshed Falcon and Territory are planned for this time next year plus an avalanche of global products.

falcon_600a-620x414.jpg

falcon_600c-600x400.jpg

Edited by jpd80

It sounded like you were trying to be mean spirited. Too bad since I am so not that way. Cyber behavior should always be good. But, that discussion took place BEFORE any actual announcement was made in it's original statement. It is now official that Ford will import cars from different countries to sell in Australia. The Falcon will die and that was all I wanted to discuss. As they say on tv, now, you can fuggetabowtit. If you were not trying to be a wiseguy, thank you for your link.

There was nothing mean spirited about it. You can unwad your panties now.

And BTW - that "link" in post #2 was not put there by the poster - it was put there by the forum software based on keywords.

Aw, the little minded person feels threatened. My underwear is just fine thank you.All you had to do was to be KIND. If you have family, parents, children or a spouse, you might recall what kindness is. You certainly don't practice or seem to know what it is. You created an un-wanted on screen confrontation. WRONG. Maturity is needed for behavioral correction.

Edited by 156n3rd

All YOU had to do was be KIND to Hoser768 who was KIND enough to do a SEARCH that you seemed unable to do on your own to answer the question YOU posted.

Stop playing the victim card and accusing everyone else of bullying you when you're the bully.

In that case I will surely offer an aoplogy to Hoser 768 since I can see that I was short regarding his effort. You on the other, should still grow into maturity. I am certain it will enhance your experiences throughout your life. I am not a bully, I am intolerant of those who are crass, indignant and just plain rude. Have a nice day now.

In that case I will surely offer an aoplogy to Hoser 768 since I can see that I was short regarding his effort. You on the other, should still grow into maturity. I am certain it will enhance your experiences throughout your life. I am not a bully, I am intolerant of those who are crass, indignant and just plain rude. Have a nice day now.

FYI akirby is one of the kindest folks u will find on these forums and very helpful.... Just sayin :happy feet:

Oh so this is amusing to some of and you think I need to be reprimanded. I think the interest in my underwear and what might be in them is very insulting. It's just too bad that I have to endure something like this. You're all so serious and dark. Why not grow a sense of humor. How old are you people? This is a car website, not religious instruction class. It's either too mean or not mean enough. What gives with you people? You like to lord yourselves over people who don't act the way you do. get over yourselves.