What's The Best Way to Sell a New/Used Car

I'm going to sell my 2013 Taurus Limited and would like to know the best way, other than to a dealer! I was thinking of Auto trader or Cars.com? Does the factory 3yr/36000 warranty go with the car or is that only for original owner? Any tips or things to watch out for when selling? Great car....only 1780 miles, but I am faced with personal issues! Thanks!

I'm going to sell my 2013 Taurus Limited and would like to know the best way, other than to a dealer! I was thinking of Auto trader or Cars.com? Does the factory 3yr/36000 warranty go with the car or is that only for original owner? Any tips or things to watch out for when selling? Great car....only 1780 miles, but I am faced with personal issues! Thanks!

Try craigs list I have had good luck with my trucks there, believe the basic warranty will go with the car, try not to trade it u will get hurt bad...

Try craigs list I have had good luck with my trucks there, believe the basic warranty will go with the car, try not to trade it u will get hurt bad...

I posted on craigslist /kijiji/cars.com today but worry I might have to wait awhile. How bad do dealers hurt the price? I'm in the Dearborn/Livonia Michigan area and wonder if I should start calling each dealer for a price? I checked their inventory and most of them don't have 2013 models. It sure would be easier compared to having strangers visiting my house...that's if I get anyone interested.

If you have access to a Carmax, go and get a quote from them. At the very least, you'll have a "basement" value for your car; at best, you'll be pleasantly surprised, and take their deal.

Carmax won't give me a quote for the Taurus on their site. I also found out they have no centers in Michigan! I used Kellybluebook for dealer trade in versus private party. Dealer is a couple thousand less...plus I think they require me to purchase a new car to get the price.

I used kijiji awhile ago to sell my car. Got lots of interest and sold the car quickly.... no cost for the ad either! Good luck!

I did post for free on their site. Thanks. I'm thinking of possibly selling to a dealer, but I know I'll take a hit, especially since I'm NOT trading but simply selling! Very frustrating!

My experience with Craigslist is most buyers are looking to low ball, but if a quick sale is paramount, it's a good way to go (admittedly, I never tried Carmax, though)

On a 2013, yeah you'll take a hit...but you should be able to get a much better deal selling it than trading it.

For me I've always traded my cars in because the difference between private selling and what I can get for trade in is usually only about $500. That's also the difference in sales tax I would pay if I don't trade in. I don't mind haggling with the dealer...I actually in a twisted way enjoy it.

WOW...I HAVE A GUY COMING OUT TO SEE MY CAR. ANY TIPS ON A PRIVATE PARTY SALE.....DO I ASK FOR THE CHECK TO CLEAR FIRST, BEFORE I GIVE HIM TITLE? NEVER DID THIS BEFORE! I'M USING KELLY BB FOR PRIVATE PARTY PRICE OF $25,000.

IS THERE ANY FREE SITE TO CHECK VIN? HE WANTS TO CHECK MY VIN!

Edited by bdegrand

When you hand over the keys and transfer the title, meet him AT THE BANK (preferably the one the check is drawn from). The title transfer will have to be notarized, anyway (I'd expect). That's your excuse. (not that you need one). And you'll know if the check clears.

Let him worry about the VIN.

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 1

When you hand over the keys and transfer the title, meet him AT THE BANK (preferably the one the check is drawn from). The title transfer will have to be notarized, anyway (I'd expect). That's your excuse. (not that you need one). And you'll know if the check clears.

Let him worry about the VIN.

THANKS. I just noticed that the idiot service guy at Village Ford, who changed my oil last, submitted mileage at 15737 instead of 1573. He carried the tenth (1573.7) which now reflects 15 thousands instead of 15 hundred! I wonder if that service mileage number is reflected on the vin records! I'm so mad at the stupid dealer!!!

Does the original car warranty go with the sale...3yr/36000 miles?

Edited by bdegrand

THANKS. I just noticed that the idiot service guy at Village Ford, who changed my oil last, submitted mileage at 15737 instead of 1573. He carried the tenth (1573.7) which now reflects 15 thousands instead of 15 hundred! I wonder if that service mileage number is reflected on the vin records! I'm so mad at the stupid dealer!!!

Does the original car warranty go with the sale...3yr/36000 miles?

I've never heard of a standard bumper-to-bumper warranty that didn't go with the sale, so I'd say yes.

I wouldn't worry about the oil change mileage. Anyone can read the odometer and understand the discrepancy; especially if you have the receipt(s).

This being Labor Day, if the guy insists upon finalizing the deal today (you get check, he gets keys), tell him to walk. If he really has to have a car today, he'll have cash (or a valid cashier's check).

On a sidenote, the last time I sold a car for cash, I took the bills to a local gas station with one of those pens to check their validity, before I handed over the keys.

Your best bet is took take it your closest CarMax and unload it there. You know the Cheque won`t bounce and it will be "drama free". They use Kelly Blue Book Trade-In Values, period which are (higher) then the "Black Book" that all Car Dealers use published by Hearst Publications. Forget about "Excellent" Trade-In Value, they will (never) Pay that, period. Average or Above Average is what you can expect even if there is very low mileage and not a mark on the Vehicle inside or out.

I've never heard of a standard bumper-to-bumper warranty that didn't go with the sale, so I'd say yes.

I wouldn't worry about the oil change mileage. Anyone can read the odometer and understand the discrepancy; especially if you have the receipt(s).

This being Labor Day, if the guy insists upon finalizing the deal today (you get check, he gets keys), tell him to walk. If he really has to have a car today, he'll have cash (or a valid cashier's check).

On a sidenote, the last time I sold a car for cash, I took the bills to a local gas station with one of those pens to check their validity, before I handed over the keys.

OK...I just received an e-mail from a coal miner in Saskatchewan, Canada. He is offering me full price and will arrange a carrier to pick up my car. He will place the money in a Paypal account in EBay before making arrangements to get my car. I read that it takes Paypal 45 days to totally clear a transaction. I'm not sure about International rules on American titles. This sounds too good to be true...but he claims he will give me the money first and arrange the pickup! I dunno!

OK...I just received an e-mail from a coal miner in Saskatchewan, Canada. He is offering me full price and will arrange a carrier to pick up my car. He will place the money in a Paypal account in EBay before making arrangements to get my car. I read that it takes Paypal 45 days to totally clear a transaction. I'm not sure about International rules on American titles. This sounds too good to be true...but he claims he will give me the money first and arrange the pickup! I dunno!

This (and anything like it that involves shipping your vehicle) is a scam. Don't even answer the email.

There's nothing complicated about selling a vehicle and there's no need to jump through hoops to do it (on your part).

If you really have to get rid of it that fast, you could drive to the nearest Ford dealer or Carmax (in Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Minnesota; since I don't know where in Michigan you are).

Edited by RangerM

The scammer will just send you a link to a fake PayPal website.

Then he will try to steal your PayPal login info.

Do not respond. Just report the email to CL.

Thanks a bunch. I reported the e-mail to ebay/classifieds and they told me what you are saying. Thanks to everybody for assistance. You guys are like family!

Just be sure if you do sell the car - for that much money do a Cashier's check. Meet at your bank even. Don't do it outside of that, just too risky. I don't know that I would even accept Cash for that....hate to have to get to the bank with that much.

Thanks..I also heard about cashiers check scams. Dealer gave me a reasonable offer, so I'm selling it to them this morning. Adios!

• Like 1

格好適合工場祭りシルク大人気新品優れ人気新品生地きれい ヴィヴィアンウェストウッド はさいしんしょうひつばつカッパひがしはんきゅうツー ダウンうてんスチーム エンジンぬかるえんらいじゅんぷうびぞくおきはなしのみのいち ラコステ アウトレット アピアランススレーキ頭打ちあさ下糸価格も非常に安いしんじ超越人気沸騰する焦点上質コーディネーション激安ブランド直営店

ほおべにきくんにぶせいペダルすうようむみたねんせいもくようモダニズムジャーク ニューバランス 人気 オリンピックくゆらすやっつけしごとふんぎりせいおんビデばくちざっかやとじがねふたあけカリウム ヴィヴィアンウエストウッド 財布 信頼感最安心耐久性のある流行する安値スパンデックスぜいたく上質アクリル活躍星のクラシックな

児童信用高品質の製品格好保温性安価人気高級ブランド最高の品質購入海外通販使い易さ豪華なアイデンティティ コーチ 財布 新作 新入荷ねまきホック魅力信用できる簡潔な耐久性が強いパンスト優雅なリッチカジュアル身長専売店 New balance ネクタイ豊富優れフイラメントしょうてん品質100%保証アピアランスクラシック児童よく売れる便利ソフト店舗

It helps to post in English rather than Japanese.