Ford pulling MFT Tech Training

If MFT is so good then Ford needs to send their own goons down to the dealerships to train people. Problem solved. I have yet to hear anybody say I bought a Ford xyz because I had to have MFT. That would take a special kind of idiot. I sympathize with the sales people to have to fool with it and then get the wrath of the consumer because its a shoddy product to begin with.

There has never been a single day of my life that I got out of bed and thought gee I dont know how I am going to make it through the day without the aggravation of My Ford Touch.

they do send trainers down, but realize this, people only have so much retention of details....in all sincerity one cant be expected to memorize everything ford puts on our plates....we are expected to know everything...may I present exhibit A, the Ford F-150 ordering guide.....29 pages of different axles, each with a different payload and towing capacity...approx 20 different equipment groups, different wheelbases, bed lengths, seating configurations.....my head hurts....now, if the ONLY thing i had to memorize ( and that would only be after the multitude of tests I have to take to remain certified ) was Sync and MFT....I could possibly do it. NOW, could you give the sales person a break next time you go in, ask a question and then berate him behind his back because he didnt know the answer?.....

I have my right hand small screen on the climate control temp setting so I use the right hand D-pad to change temps. I use voice control to make phone calls. I use the right hand D-pad to listen to incoming texts and to answer and hang up on incoming calls. I use the steering wheel controls for volume and to change channels on Sirius or skip songs on the USB playlist. I use voice commands to change from Sirius to USB or vice versa or sometimes I go to the entertainment screen and use the buttons on the screen. I use the onscreen navigation menus to enter destinations - haven't tried the voice commands yet since I don't use it very often.

I don't know how much simpler it could be. If you need the phone menu touch the upper left quadrant. For entertainment touch the lower left and the buttons there are just like any other stereo. Navigation is on the upper right and climate control is on the lower right if you need it.

They must have gotten rid of the climate settings on the right small screen because my new Explorer doesn't have that unless navigation takes place of climate display. I don't find MFT hard to use, however I personally know a few people that would have a heck of a time with it because they can't even figure out how to put their phone on silent. Maybe they could come up with a setting that would make the touchscreen more simplified like basic controls that always show. I know they are working on making the system more intuitive.

Edited by 2005Explorer

They must have gotten rid of the climate settings on the right small screen because my new Explorer doesn't have that unless navigation takes place of climate display. I don't find MFT hard to use, however I personally know a few people that would have a heck of a time with it because they can't even figure out how to put their phone on silent. Maybe they could come up with a setting that would make the touchscreen more simplified like basic controls that always show. I know they are working on making the system more intuitive.

well, they kind of have, when one says a command of Radio, Climate Navigation or phone, a menu of appropriate prompts comes up, it makes the job much easier, and upon using the system over a period of time the owner becomes familiar with the prompts he uses the most....so in fords defence , they are making it more user friiendly....my issue is I dont have a car with it and thus Im NOT familar with it, and I am supposed to tutor it....quite funny really...

well, they kind of have, when one says a command of Radio, Climate Navigation or phone, a menu of appropriate prompts comes up, it makes the job much easier, and upon using the system over a period of time the owner becomes familiar with the prompts he uses the most....so in fords defence , they are making it more user friiendly....my issue is I dont have a car with it and thus Im NOT familar with it, and I am supposed to tutor it....quite funny really...

One thing I do find much better compared to the basic SYNC that was in my Escape is that commands just work and you don't have to switch to phone or USB first. Plus they finally call them songs instead of tracks. Also like you said the list of prompts is very helpful especially while learning how to run the system.

I have a Venstar T5800 wifi thermostat in my home and it is sort of the "MyFordTouch" of thermostats, but they have two settings. You can use the basic setting that limits the options and makes it easy for non-tech people to use or you can use an advanced setting that offers all the features. There is no way you could make MFT that simple, but a setting that would streamline it and take away the enormous amount of available options for the non-tech people wouldn't be a bad idea.

The other thing they could do is a MFT delete option on higher trim levels, however I am guessing that was already researched an they didn't feel there was enough interest to offer it.

Edited by 2005Explorer

They must have gotten rid of the climate settings on the right small screen because my new Explorer doesn't have that unless navigation takes place of climate display.

Nope it still works that way according to the OM. On the right hand screen you can do phone nav climate or radio. Try hitting the left button to get back to the menu then choose climate control and you can adjust the temp or the fan speed.

NOW, could you give the sales person a break next time you go in, ask a question and then berate him behind his back because he didnt know the answer?.....

Absolutely, this has given me a new appreciation for what all they are expected to know. Mission impossible to me. But you would love me. When I get there I already know what I want and have done my homework. Just let me drive a car or two and then negotiate. And no MFT so no hassle there for the sales guy!

I have a Venstar T5800 wifi thermostat in my home and it is sort of the "MyFordTouch" of thermostats, but they have two settings.

I was trying to adjust the freezer on my fridge the other day and have one of those touch pad do dads on my fridge and my first though when I could not get it to work was who put My Ford Touch on my fridge. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Why could they have not just put a dial on it somewhere like back in the old days? :runaway:

Nope it still works that way according to the OM. On the right hand screen you can do phone nav climate or radio. Try hitting the left button to get back to the menu then choose climate control and you can adjust the temp or the fan speed.
I'll have to check it again tomorrow, but I am almost certain my 2014 Explorer only shows phone, nav, and radio when I scrolled up and down on the right. Maybe I just missed it.

Edit: Just went and looked and I only have phone, nav, and entertainment. Climate is MIA unless there is some setting I need to make for it to show up. The 2013 manual on-line shows it, but it doesn't mention it in my 2014 manual when it talks about the right side display.

Edited by 2005Explorer

For the whole car?? :rant2::hysterical:

There are all kinds out there...I personally know someone with a 2013 SHO that was having windshield hazing problems (yes it was pretty bad, but I think it was from the detailing place he went to), Ford replaced his windshield for him...then he was getting bent out of shape when the new windshield started streaking on him when it rained out (which wasn't bad in IMO) and was talking about going the lemon law for the car and he said to me...I didn't spend nearly 50K on a car to deal with this BS...but the streaking thing wasn't nearly as bad as the hazing problems he had.

He finally claimed down and is keeping the car the last time I talked with him....but stupid annoying shit like that will drive sane people bazzro...

I could possibly do it. NOW, could you give the sales person a break next time you go in, ask a question and then berate him behind his back because he didnt know the answer?.....

The thing is that is more or less unacceptable to me. I'm of the mindset, if you don't know something, go out and find an answer for me. That's why I perfer to learn how to do things myself, instead of depending on other people to do things for me. I work in tech and there is alot of stuff I don't know how to do at the snap of a finger, but I'll "google" it to get an idea how to :) I'm not going to go in and "trouble shoot" a sales person on MFT just because I can either...

Heck I watched Youtube videos on how to clean the MAF and TB on my Mustang last week before I did it this weekend...sometimes just seeing how someone else does it, give you a better way to approach a problem.

There are all kinds out there...I personally know someone with a 2013 SHO that was having windshield hazing problems (yes it was pretty bad, but I think it was from the detailing place he went to), Ford replaced his windshield for him...then he was getting bent out of shape when the new windshield started streaking on him when it rained out (which wasn't bad in IMO) and was talking about going the lemon law for the car and he said to me...I didn't spend nearly 50K on a car to deal with this BS...but the streaking thing wasn't nearly as bad as the hazing problems he had.

He finally claimed down and is keeping the car the last time I talked with him....but stupid annoying shit like that will drive sane people bazzro...

I am reminded of a funny story. One of my friends installs windshields, side glass, window motors ect... He put a windshield in an Astro van and the people came back 3 or 4 years later with a busted heater core and wanted to know what he was going to do about it. Yeah, there are some real crazies out there.

The thing is that is more or less unacceptable to me. I'm of the mindset, if you don't know something, go out and find an answer for me. That's why I perfer to learn how to do things myself, instead of depending on other people to do things for me. I work in tech and there is alot of stuff I don't know how to do at the snap of a finger, but I'll "google" it to get an idea how to :) I'm not going to go in and "trouble shoot" a sales person on MFT just because I can either...

Heck I watched Youtube videos on how to clean the MAF and TB on my Mustang last week before I did it this weekend...sometimes just seeing how someone else does it, give you a better way to approach a problem.

we always find answers when asked, but fact remains theres a segement of people that dont understand WHY when they ask a question it cant be answered immediately....let me put it this way, Im interested in product X, I research the shite out of it, every nook, cranny, even the "useless" info....I then walk into a store that merchandizes said product, and ask the sales person ( whom sells produs A, B ,C D, E , F, G H ,I J, K, L (( well you get my drift )) ) and then Im offended he doesnt know the answer, and GEEZ, HE SELLS THE FRIGGEN PRODUCT.......some of the mis-treatment of sales people outside my office perturbs me...and I HAVE stepped in a few times........engineers have the reputation for being the worst...I do recall one that scoffed at a relatively new YOUNG salesperson when he couldnt reel off the curb weight, I stepped out of my office as he was embarrasing and belittling the sales personnel in front of his companion. I basically asked HIM a question..." So, I understand its important for you to know this vehicles curbweight Sir, are you going Ice fishing?....".....silence....his buddy laughed and he was polite from then on....

• Like 1

if its the Hazing I think it is its common across the board, the materials used for the dashboard seem to give off a "gas" when in the sun and form a "film" on the inside of the windsheild...its a right royal pain to clean as well....

if its the Hazing I think it is its common across the board, the materials used for the dashboard seem to give off a "gas" when in the sun and form a "film" on the inside of the windsheild...its a right royal pain to clean as well....

The first time it was hazing on outside of the windshield! It was horrible after it rained.

Heres a photo of it:

post-11015-0-40383300-1380128686_thumb.jpg

And doesn't this capability *also* require a nav app on the phone that supports MFT? In other words, is this a feature that Ford could implement unilaterally?

Sync 'Destinations' is Ford's (or Microsoft's for Ford) app. :-)

I had the name wrong, but was close.

As for a DVD, fordowner videos on UTube would be a great collection. Hell I almost made one to give to my salesman saying, here give this to Energi buyers...