The Bob's

Senator Reid, why wouldn't you want to authorize funds for children with cancer?

Reid ----- "Why would I want to do that?"

lol Yeah no playing politics or funding important things with him. No sir. lol

Try reading the whole answer. Reid said clearly that they will not consider funding the government piecemeal. This is another "You didn't build that" clipped quote.

BTW the House Republicans didn't seem too concerned about kids with cancer or Veterans or anything else when they decided to shut down the entire government on a quixotic crusade to defund the ACA. They als didn't seem too concerned about the NIH in the last 3 GOP budget proposals where they cut its funding.

In 2010, Cantor himself proposed a $1.3 billion cut to NIH. The 2011 House Republican budget also sought to cut $1.6 billion from the agency. In House Republicans' 2013 budget proposal put forward by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), cuts to the agency's budget approached 20 percent.

So much to address......

(My comments embedded within parentheses and bolded.)

Just accept the fact that the republicans were forced to use this procedure to have any effective voice in blocking a law they do not want. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

If the bill was SOOOOOOO great, it'd pass easily. As countless thousands of bills have previously.

Both sides have used the tools at hand to circumvent the opposing sides agenda. It's all part of the same game.

If Repeal of the ACA was SOOOOOO popular the Republicans woul;d not have to tie it to the Continuing Resolution. It would stand on its own and pass both houses of Congress by veto proof majorities.The Fact is that the House can't even override the promised veto. It is also a FACT that if Boehner brought a clean CR Bill to the floor it would have passed by a bi-partisan vote before the shutdown ever happened and it would pass right now.

Try reading the whole answer. Reid said clearly that they will not consider funding the government piecemeal. This is another "You didn't build that" clipped quote.

I did hear the whole answer genius. He was more concerned about sending 1100 workers at his precious air force base back to work than funding life saving cancer treatment.

If Repeal of the ACA was SOOOOOO popular the Republicans woul;d not have to tie it to the Continuing Resolution. It would stand on its own and pass both houses of Congress by veto proof majorities.The Fact is that the House can't even override the promised veto. It is also a FACT that if Boehner brought a clean CR Bill to the floor it would have passed by a bi-partisan vote before the shutdown ever happened and it would pass right now.

See how it works?

Oh, and you left out an "O".

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Let me help you...people are required by law to purchase healthcare....gun ownership is voluntary...you are comparing apples to oranges....barry tried the same things yesterday while making excuses about the computer cliches on the aca sites.....

I am comparing two Bills (Gun Backround Checks and Repeal of the ACA) that are championed by different factions in Congress that have no chance of becoming law because they cannot garner the requisite number of votes and obtain signature by the President. That is how our system works.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

I did hear the whole answer genius. He was more concerned about sending 1100 workers at his precious air force base back to work than funding life saving cancer treatment.

He was concerned about reopening the ENTIRE GOVERNMENT and ending the stupid hostage siege. BTW do the Republicans not care at all abour the other kids who are served by government health programs? Is this one the only one they care about?

I am comparing two Bills Gun Backround checks and repealm of the ACA) that are championed by different factions in Congress that have no chance of becoming law because they cannot garner the requisite number of votes and obtain signature by the President. That is how our system works.

In this you are correct. After all the drama and the nonsense that both of these parties are putting on right now the ACA will still be funded. The only thing that the Republicans will gain out of this is that when the public finally does realize what a colossal screw up the ACA actually is they can't blame the Republicans for it. Now that won't stop liberals from trying. Everytime liberals screw something up they pick up the phone and get their two cent lackeys in the media to find a way to blame repulbicans for the mess that liberals have made of things. So the more that Republicans make a spectacle of themselves in oppostion to this nightmare, the harder it will be for liberals and their friends in the media to blame it on them.

In this you are correct. After all the drama and the nonsense that both of these parties are putting on right now the ACA will still be funded. The only thing that the Republicans will gain out of this is that when the public finally does realize what a colossal screw up the ACA actually is they can't blame the Republicans for it. Now that won't stop liberals from trying. Everytime liberals screw something up they pick up the phone and get their two cent lackeys in the media to find a way to blame repulbicans for the mess that liberals have made of things. So the more that Republicans make a spectacle of themselves in oppostion to this nightmare, the harder it will be for liberals and their friends in the media to blame it on them.

And if it does work out the Republicans will try to take credit for the whole thing.

• Like 1

Blackhorse, yes they wanted to open the cancer thing. Bravo for worrying about one thing just for political gain. That's what that was.

And your silly little ass thinks it's on Harry Reid because he's not letting the crazies negotiate the terms. Your trapped in partisan stupidity.

Fully fund the government. Fuck the games.

My guess is the end result will be a compromise where the government shutdown is ended, and the individual mandate is suspended for the same period of time as the mandate on businesses. The Congressional carve out may be part of it, but that's probably an outside chance at best.

That would be a win for Obama since the $95 penalty is paltry, and the revenues lost are minimal.

Blackhorse, yes they wanted to open the cancer thing. Bravo for worrying about one thing just for political gain. That's what that was.

And your silly little ass thinks it's on Harry Reid because he's not letting the crazies negotiate the terms. Your trapped in partisan stupidity.

Fully fund the government. Fuck the games.

I can assure you, the desire to eliminate Obamacare (as written) is no game.

Can we just stop with partisan bullshit. Fund the government and then the house can vote to defund/repel Obamcare in symbolic votes without furloughs.

I don't find it strange that conservatives are worried about monuments and parks when hundreds of thousands of employees are not getting paid. Priorities.

The Legislative Branch is still drawing a paycheck (during this "shutdown"), btw.

There's your priorities.

Edit: This Congressman isn't taking a paycheck. " 'I've sent a letter to the CAO, asking them to withhold my pay. As everyone goes through the pain of a government shutdown, we should include members of congress,' he told WSAW-TV in Wausau, Wis"

Edited by RangerM

I'm guessing that the republican moderates push for a clean vote and it passes, the Tea Party freaks and someone attempts violence against one of the moderates.

This is what I mean about liberals always trying to demonize conservatives with nonsense and outright lies. This guy actually thinks that he is better than the so called racists that he claims exist all over the place.

Nobody would believe them even if they tried so that's nonsense. And it's not going to work, we both know it.

Given that the ACA has been implemented for TWO WHOLE DAYS, neither of us can know anything about its ultimate success. The working model for it "RomneyCare" seems to be working just fine after seven years. There will certainly be changes to the ACA as the real world experience reveals better ways to accomplish the desired ends. That happens with laws just as it does with most human endeavors.

Given that the ACA has been implemented for TWO WHOLE DAYS, neither of us can know anything about its ultimate success. The working model for it "RomneyCare" seems to be working just fine after seven years. There will certainly be changes to the ACA as the real world experience reveals better ways to accomplish the desired ends. That happens with laws just as it does with most human endeavors.

I'm not saying they won't find ways to tweak it. They will have to find ways to tweak it because right now its a complete mess that nobody really understands. Ultimately the question will be this. Will our health care be better or worse as a result of the ACA? Personally I'm in the group that thinks turning our health care over to the bureaucrats is the worst idea we could have come up with. But given that it was bureaucrats that formulated the whole thing we shouldn't be surprised about how it turned out. When has the government ever run anything efficiently and effectively? Especially our post modern WWII government. Waste, ineptness and outright bias are pretty much the status quo in nearly all of our government run programs. What makes you think that the ACA will be any different? After the whole IRS debacle can you maybe understand why a lot of conservative Americans are not too keen on the idea of turning over their health care to a bunch of liberal bureaucrats?

Edited by BlackHorse

I'm not saying they won't find ways to tweak it. They will have to find ways to tweak it because right now its a complete mess that nobody really understands. Ultimately the question will be this. Will our health care be better or worse as a result of the ACA? Personally I'm in the group that thinks turning our health care over to the bureaucrats is the worst idea we could have come up with. But given that it was bureaucrats that formulated the whole thing we shouldn't be surprised about how it turned out. When has the government ever run anything efficiently and effectively? Especially our post modern WWII government. Waste, ineptness and outright bias are pretty much the status quo in nearly all of our government run programs. What makes you think that the ACA will be any different? After the whole IRS debacle can you maybe understand why a lot of conservative Americans are not too keen on the idea of turning over their health care to a bunch of liberal bureaucrats?

That is a nice recap of all the fear mongering the anti-ACA groups have been trying to sell. There are no bureaucrats making your health decisions under ACA. People who do not have employer provided healthcare buy policies from private for-profit and non-profit carriers through an exchange that pervides a competitive marketplace. There are no "Death Panels". If you are so concerned about bureaucrats making decisions you should be more concerned with the pre-ACA system which permitted insurers to cancel policies of the sick and injured virtually without recourse. You want bias? How about policies that were canceled because acne treatment was considered a pre-existing condition.

Try comparing the administrative costs of Medicare against any private for-profit carrier and most non-profits for efficiency.

As far as the IRS matter, I have said before and still believe that politically involved 501 C-4 groups like many of the Tea Party and Liberal political groups should be examined. The plain meaning of the law is that they be EXCLUSIVELY involved in Social Welfare. That is the restriction that provides them with tax exempt status and the ability to refuse to disclose their contributors. The Tea Parties are in many, probably most, cases engaged in political operations. There are "Tea Party" candidates. The IRS should have been more transparent in the manner they investigated these and the similar Liberal groups, but the need to examine whether these groups activities disqualified them from favorable tax and disclosure treatment under 501 c 4 is legitimate.