Racism is Racism & misguided liberal logic.

cal50

Glad he is sorry for it, now put him in the cell.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/12/judge-my-reverse-racism-made-me-convict-white-killer/

Retired Judge Frank Barbaro Admits to Convicting Donald Kagan on Murder Charge for Being White
If current political trends continue, the days when whites can get a fair trial in this country are numbered. In the most liberal areas they may already have ended:
Retired Brooklyn Supreme Court Judge Frank Barbaro wants a white man he convicted in 1999 of killing a black man to be freed — claiming Wednesday he based the verdict on his own reverse racism. The 86-year-old former jurist convicted Donald Kagan, now 39, of fatally shooting Wavell Wint, 22, during a struggle over Kagan’s chain outside an East New York movie theater in 1998.
He says he didn’t consider self-defense as a justification due to the moonbat politics that came with being a civil rights activist.
“Mr. Kagan had no intent to kill that man … I believe now that I was seeing this young white fellow as a bigot, as someone who assassinated an African-American,” Barbaro, a former longshoreman who also served 23 years in the state Assembly, told Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice ShawnDya Simpson. …
Barbaro said his work during the civil-rights movement fed into his bias in the trial.
H/T Moonbattery
“The question of discrimination against African-American people became part of my fiber — my very fiber,” he told Simpson.
The same goes for the entire liberal establishment, which includes the judiciary, so the political prisoner Kagan is hardly guaranteed to be set free, even after this revelation. If his fate rests in the hands of ShawnDya Simpson — a judge of color known for wielding the gavel in a lime green suit — pray for him.
Yet again we see that justice and social justice are mutually exclusive terms.

Your not me.

I'm not a democrat. I do vote mostly democratic although I have voted for republicans including Rep. Mike Rogers ® when I was in his district.

And I have no guilt.

It takes "morals" and a "conscience" to recognize ones failings.

Only one "mythical" person was without sin/guilt.

We all fail. The difference is doing so intentionally or capriciously as opposed to innocently. And even then, one would have to have quite low expectations to have never failed to live by ones conscience or morals.

And guilt is remorse for those failings we attempted to hold ourselves above.

How's it feel to be without ever failing to live up to ones own highest expectations and aspirations and have nothing to regret?

And as a white guy, do you not have "white remorse" for the atrocities your race is permanently shackled with for the sins of your great-great-grandfathers?

BTW, I'm not referring to the stereotypical "Jewish Mother's Guilt" manipulations. Just the conscience of a thoughtful adult who regrets his own limitations and un-intentional sins (small "s" sins).

And cue Langston with some diatribe about how all white conservatives are a bunch of racists just because he says so.

There was just a report released that said Black men face more discrimination in our legal system than Caucasians

but you'll call me a racist for mentioning that.

And here you guys are preaching to the conservative choir about how it's hard up here for white males.

And as a white guy, do you not have "white remorse" for the atrocities your race is permanently shackled with for the sins of your great-great-grandfathers?

BTW, I'm not referring to the stereotypical "Jewish Mother's Guilt" manipulations. Just the conscience of a thoughtful adult who regrets his own limitations and un-intentional sins (small "s" sins).

Thank you for your overly long and exceptionally overly dramatic dissertation on whatever that was about.I don't know that where it came from but good job.

I have no guilt was not a statement about my overall life but the supposed guilt Cal50 mentioned and you quoted.

Thanks for going all rogue and questioning whether I had morals because you misunderstood.

Edited by Langston Hughes

There was just a report released that said Black men face more discrimination in our legal system than Caucasians

but you'll call me a racist for mentioning that.

And here you guys are preaching to the conservative choir about how it's hard up here for white males.

So whites are guilty of this discrimination as a whole? And "more discrimination" asserts it happens to others. Do you deny it happens to whites? That there is no reverse-discrimination?

Thank you for your overly long and exceptionally overly dramatic dissertation on whatever that was about.I don't know that where it came from but good job.

I have no guilt was not a statement about my overall life but the supposed guilt Cal50 mentioned and you quoted.

Thanks for going all rogue and questioning whether I had morals because you misunderstood.

I understood fully. I responded to what you said. The citation referred to slavery. And I correlated the "white remorse" those of your race are expected to atone for, ad infinitum.

And no I have no guilt for slavery.

How can you exclude yourself from the "white guilt" the entire (and even more so for males) white race has hung around our necks for the sins of generations before you or I were born?

Where's your righteous indignation that every white male is assumed to have owned slaves and only have any money or position in society because of their standing on the backs of the oppressed and enslaved?

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

So whites are guilty of this discrimination as a whole? And "more discrimination" asserts it happens to others. Do you deny it happens to whites? That there is no reverse-discrimination?

I understood fully. I responded to what you said. The citation referred to slavery. And I correlated the "white remorse" those of your race are expected to atone for, ad infinitum.

How can you exclude yourself from the "white guilt" the entire (and even more so for males) white race has hung around our necks for the sins of generations before you or I were born?

Where's your righteous indignation that every white male is assumed to have owned slaves and only have any money or position in society because of their standing on the backs of the oppressed and enslaved?

Lets see...

I do believe that all people are discriminated against to SOME extent but I have not seen evidence to convince me that the majority has near the systematic discrimination that minorities face.

If you did understand what was all that bullshit about morals? Just felt the need to make personal attacks in your own special way? Whatever it was it, there was no need.

Should I feel righteous indignation because you are overly sensitive to a subject and it hurts your conservative feelings? I don't see anything that you should feel so butthurt about.

Your carrying on like this is the 60's when the sons/daughters and grandsons/daughters of former slaves were still treated like 2nd class citizens. Perhaps you can't get past your past and realize that it's not then.

All that charged up emotion on your part. Not sure why but you might want to talk to someone about it. It's not good to feel inferior and persecuted by minorities and liberals.

Edited by Langston Hughes

So what law would correct that?

If you listen to the people looking at the legal system, they suggest a better indigent legal defense, which ultimately would have to a law or policy change to current existing laws. This reform would not only help minorities but would also help the poor Caucasians too, although it would most likely require more funding. That's the hurdle. We currently have the best legal system in the world if you can get the best lawyers. Ask OJ, the first time around he got away by paying through his nose for the best help.

If you listen to the people looking at the legal system, they suggest a better indigent legal defense, which ultimately would have to a law or policy change to current existing laws. This reform would not only help minorities but would also help the poor Caucasians too, although it would most likely require more funding. That's the hurdle. We currently have the best legal system in the world if you can get the best lawyers. Ask OJ, the first time around he got away by paying through his nose for the best help.

Well then, it's not a race issue is it? It's an economic one.

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 2

Apparently the same for education except the more money per student does not always = better results.

That is true but spending less money per Student guarantees = Worse results! For comparison purposes look at core test results from States like FL, GA, LA, AL, MS, & TX and compare them to say MA, CT, VT, etc. where more money is spent per Student. Can you assume the lower scores are (all) because of "Immigrant" demographics alone?

If you have a screwed up system, throwing money at it just makes it a more expensive screw up.

Money, in and of itself, is not the answer.

But, teacher unions will ALWAYS asset that low teacher pay and benefits are the problem. And pay raises and greater benefits are the solution.

Hmmmmmm. Just how "unbiased" do you think they are, when it comes to their own pay?

That is true but spending less money per Student guarantees = Worse results! For comparison purposes look at core test results from States like FL, GA, LA, AL, MS, & TX and compare them to say MA, CT, VT, etc. where more money is spent per Student. Can you assume the lower scores are (all) because of "Immigrant" demographics alone?

If Catholic and private schools spend less per student and have drastically higher graduation rates it poke a big hole in the "spending less gets less" argument.

The difference is likely the standards in the classroom environment AND family support.

There are plenty of honor grads that come from crappy households with the odds stacked against them but the public school system is basically a zoo environment not tolerated in private schools.

• Like 1

If Catholic and private schools spend less per student and have drastically higher graduation rates it poke a big hole in the "spending less gets less" argument.

The difference is likely the standards in the classroom environment AND family support.

There are plenty of honor grads that come from crappy households with the odds stacked against them but the public school system is basically a zoo environment not tolerated in private schools.

I think family support is a huge factor.
  • Like 1

Just wondering.......

Why are so many of you on this site so Focused on Racism. I know many of you are "Actual" racists but it seems like that is the Major topic on this forum. I click on new content and if there are 10 topics.....7 will be about some racist event or person or debate on Racism.

Some of you need to spend more time at your Klan rallies and let some actual Automotive news pop up for a change....Sheesh

Just wondering.......

Why are so many of you on this site so Focused on Racism. I know many of you are "Actual" racists but it seems like that is the Major topic on this forum. I click on new content and if there are 10 topics.....7 will be about some racist event or person or debate on Racism.

Some of you need to spend more time at your Klan rallies and let some actual Automotive news pop up for a change....Sheesh

A very amateur attempt at race baiting.......try again.