Brad Kezlowski dominant at Kentucky

bdegrand

I watched the NASCAR race on TNT last night and thoroughly enjoyed watching the Fusion of Brad Kezlowski dominate the race. Ok..ok...I know there are a few of the "buh..buh..it's not a real Fusion" readers ready to ruin my moment of enjoyment, however, it was still good to see the red, white and blue Ford Fusion getting positive camera and media coverage. An American company defeating the often dominant and highly funded Japanese Toyota race teams. It doesn't happen often...so let me enjoy the moment. Brad put 4 stitches in his hand after the race, when the champagne bottle broke...should have been holding a beer instead...maybe a Miller Lite Beer...His primary sponsor.

Edited by bdegrand
  • Like 1

I really wish they'd figure out what is going on at Roush. Something real wrong over there.

Roush may be a brilliant engineer and there is no doubt he has built a successful business, but would you want to work for him? Just based on his TV "face time" he is no Joe Gibbs IMO. And when you look at guys like Kenseth, the Busch boys and Martin "retiring" it doesn't look like there is much of a loyalty factor.

I recognize a bit of a contradiction here as there is no doubt he has built a big business-and most successful guys have great people skills-but like I said-he is no Joe Gibbs. Perhaps an unfair statement as I've only seen him on TV interviews, but that is just the way it strikes me.

Penske has the right people in place. When something isn't working he throws talent at it. He couldn't find any good engineers in he states so he went looking in Europe to find engineers to help with the chassis. And it is paying off. I would like to see Roger take over the engine development from Roush / Yates.

Penske has the right people in place. When something isn't working he throws talent at it. He couldn't find any good engineers in he states so he went looking in Europe to find engineers to help with the chassis. And it is paying off. I would like to see Roger take over the engine development from Roush / Yates.

Exactly...with talent like Edwards and Biffle...ROUSH needs chassis set up like Penske has. I remember when Ford ruled the super speedways, but now it's mostly the Chevies and Japanese Toyota's. Doug Yates is okay with engines but not outstanding like his dad , Robert, was with Davey Allison. Those were the good ole days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brad won again :happy feet:

So great to see that Fusion rolling through the Toyota's. Joey would have been up there too, if it wasn't for old man Morgan Shepherd taking him out. His birthday is October 1941!,!!

Edited by bdegrand