Downtime Map

bebe1852

• 2 weeks later...

So, I wonder when Ford plans on telling us about these lay offs? Also, how long can this plant run 2 weeks on 2 weeks off? What is the point of 3 shifts if the plant is shut down every 2 weeks? They have to be drowning in 2014 Focuses and are in no hurry to roll out the 2015's until some of the 2014's are cleared out.

Looks like Ford is going to have to put this flexible plant to use and add a new product. Why are there several different vehicles made off of the Focus platform, but the most flexible assembly plant sits idle for months out of the year??

There's rumor of a Lincoln build off of the focus coming in the near future, (it was discussed earlier in this thread), I could also see them deciding to A. give us the Focus RS if/when it comes to NA instead of building it in Europe and B. Having us handle overflow MKC production that Louisville can't handle (from what I understand they're struggling to keep up with both MKC and Escape.)

When is it supposed to be announced? Not to sound like a douche here, but I'll believe it when I see it. Too many different rumors flying around to really latch onto anything.

Mark Fields is the one keeping Lincoln alive so he wants it to succeed, Focus based Lincoln will be here within the next couple of years