TSB 14-0099 - Musty organic odor coming from vents when AC is activated and ESP?

expresspotato

Hi all,

Looks like I have the same musty odor problem in my car and it really is a horrible smell. Unfortunetly the weather here in Toronto Canada has gotten quite cold and I can't get the AC or the front defrost to turn on the AC compressor as seen from the Climate screen in My View. To reproduce the horrible smell coming from the car I need to somehow turn on the compressor or the dealer is just going to say "Can't reproduce it not our problem" as usual.

My warranty is projected to expire March of 2014 based on milage and not years. What am I to do... Wait until the spring and when it ****REALLY **** smells bad because its been sitting and accumulating all winter and then pay for something that's a known fault?

I thought about biting the bullet and buying a Premium Care ESP but apparently the TSB is not covered by it?

What the hell am I going to do this car has been such a dissapointment with tons of issues brand new and I can't afford to just sell it and buy something else...

sadpanda.jpg

Edited by expresspotato

Print out the TSB and take it with you. Tell them this is what I am experiencing. They shouldn't have an issue on doing. The TSB describes your concern.

On the ESP. I recommend premium care to anyone who is planning on keeping a vehicle out of warranty. Repairs are so costly now. If you trade it before the ESP is up, possibly you can get some money back.

• Like 1

...If you trade it before the ESP is up, possibly you can get some money back.

Yup yup....I bought a CPO 2011 Lincoln MKX and with all the goodies that thing has....I wisely invested in the ESP....I can either transfer it to the next owner if I sell it privately, or get a refund on the un-used portion (pro-rata) when I trade it in...