Homelink Wiring?

blockisle9

I was wondering if anyone knows how the homelink is wired?

I'm triying to get it to only work while the ignition is on. Right now it's on all the time. Mine is in the visor so I'm assuming the wires run down the A-Pillar.

I guessing it's just a matter of identifying the power wire and moving it to a ignition on power wire.

Unless, it needs to be on all the time so it doesn't loose it's programing. I dought it though, I've had my battery replaced and it still worked.

Thanks

Lenny

2013 Titainiam

I recycled a used Homelink module into my F-150 XLT and powered it off the visor mirror light wire. If I leave the door open for as long it takes to shut off the cabin lights, the mirror light goes off and the module loses power, so it may be possible that the vehicles with factory Homelink may have a dedicated power source other than the mirror light's.

Yep, that's it. There's been a lot of cars broken into lately. My glove box center conceal and over head was ransacked a couple of months ago, either I failed to lock the car or they got in with a code scanner. I was having trouble with the passive entry on the passenger door, sometimes it would not work at all and other times I would walk by the door with the key fob in my pocket and the doors would unlock on there own with out touching the handle.

The dealer ended up replacing the handle and doing other stuff to it and it seems fine now. I also think this might have had something to do with battery going dead issue I was having, that hasn't happen since they fixed the handle.

Sorry for rambling on.....

Edited by blockisle9

I was going to suggest another option to put the opener on a timer so it's unpowered from midnight to 6 am (e.g.).

That is an excellent idea!! I'm going to look into hooking the timer up to the RF control, that way I could still open it up with the hard wired button.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.