seniority

Wow I don't know which is the sadder statement the fact that after 28 to 30 years you guys are thinking more of going to another plane instead of thinking of retirement. Or the fact that your on this Web page bragging about to.

Another person that dosen`t have 28 to 30 years but, knows what everyone else with 28 to 30 years should be doing.......?

Decker

• Like 2

Wow I don't know which is the sadder statement the fact that after 28 to 30 years you guys are thinking more of going to another plane instead of thinking of retirement. Or the fact that your on this Web page bragging about to.

I won't be able to retire at 30 years due to family circumstances (not that I owe a twerp like you an explanation); you need to keep in mind that you don't know everyone's individual situation. From your very first post, you've made yourself out to sound like a petulant little brat. I would imagine even the people on here that tried to be helpful and informative with you are losing patience with your childish rants.

• Like 2

UAW members talk about never giving up 30 and out, fought for it, but never use it anymore. You all act like youre going to live forever. Work insane amounts of OT, and dont have any savings. Like having 40+ years is some accomplishment. You guys with 30 now got your jobs because someone with 30 retired. Livonia hasnt hired in 15 years because people dont retire anymore and Ford keeps moving guys with 30 years into the plant.

Edited by 182

There are a of couple date`s that hold any weight when it comes to seniority. The hired in date and date of entry. Never heard of or read of "multiple seniority" dates?

Decker

The 3rd possible date is a leveling date if a tradesman goes to production and has no production time.

( Hired from the street into the trades ).

Edited by cal50
  • Like 1

Thinking about all you fu*ktards telling people should retire after 30 years of service.

1. If you retire and start collecting SS before your full SS date you take a hit.

2. Can't hit on your 401k yet or you take a hit.

3. If you decided to work after retirement were are you going to find a job that pays half as much as your making now?

4. Think about it, its different times than it was 30+ years ago.

5. I'll f'ing go when I'm god damn ready to go and no one will tell me other wise so suck it up and if you don't like to bad.

6. QQ

• Like 4

30 years ago was 1985. A recovering time after a severe recession. Just like today MTP'er. Ford invested in Livonia, just like today. Gas was cheap, just like today. Only thing different is guys hang on until they die instead of using their negotiated 30 and out.

I know guys that retired 20 years ago. And I know guys that have worked 45 years, saying every contract they are going to retire. The average retirement length in American for men is 10 years. 10 fucking years. You waste your life working just to get 10 years before you die.

Read about Claudio, page 25. By working and NOT collecting his pension, his current base rate would be 1.30 an hour.

http://uawlocal2250.com/pdf%20files/GM_Work_or_Retire.pdf

30 years ago was 1985. A recovering time after a severe recession. Just like today MTP'er. Ford invested in Livonia, just like today. Gas was cheap, just like today. Only thing different is guys hang on until they die instead of using their negotiated 30 and out.

I know guys that retired 20 years ago. And I know guys that have worked 45 years, saying every contract they are going to retire. The average retirement length in American for men is 10 years. 10 fucking years. You waste your life working just to get 10 years before you die.

Read about Claudio, page 25. By working and NOT collecting his pension, his current base rate would be 1.30 an hour.

http://uawlocal2250.com/pdf%20files/GM_Work_or_Retire.pdf

I'm so glad you are another one that has all the answers, to all that others should do. You ever stop to think about what your saying? Waste your life to get ten years before you die? Really? Waste is what?

Now I could go on and on about those at the time "young" sisters that worked as single parents for what ever reason death, divorce or any number of other reasons and got their job at Ford at a young age, say 20. Now after years of putting the food on the table, sending children to collage and now in this society more times then not these graciously older sisters are taking care of their parent or parents. Now at the age of "50" according to some know it all... these sisters should give up the middle class earnings to retire on lower class earnings? Then there are those young brothers that for what ever reason decided to hire in at Ford at 18 or 19 and proceed to supply a good living to not only himself but to a family. Why would a "healthy" sister or brother stop supplying help to children or a secure life style to a parent? Because you and that company propaganda say`s they should? Really?

Wasting what? Life? in your know it all world there is no life if you are working? I know this 59 year Ford employee that has the freedom to feel life, see life, and participate in life's enjoyments. He has the freedom to do what he wants, when he wants and at the same time walks through life with the thanks from family and friends for the enjoyments in life that he has given to them. He has been blessed with the freedom to be the father that watched two children and a former wife walk across a stage and receive a diploma. This 59 year old employee has put in his OT and at times been on ILO all the time never wondering way he has been given so many gifts in life. Never wondering way he was been given so many friends and people he holds so dear. Nope never wondering or seeking the input from a know it all like you, young sister or brother. Because I was taught by watching those that worked all their life`s that your life is what you make of it. You can`t live if your working? You become deaf and blind to the world around you if you have to earn the freedom to experience life's enjoyments? If that is the case young brother or sister.... you could retire tomorrow and you would never enjoy life... like us wasteful members with the higher seniority.

By your know it all calculations, ten years after retirement is check out time....? well my 30 was up 81/2 years ago so that gives you a year and a half to take a trip to Chicago, to follow an old long hair on his old horse through one day of life`s enjoyments Ever ride through one of the most beautiful city`s on your horse at night with a hot sister (50) on the back? Ever roll up to the south side club house and feel alive? Ever take up six parking spaces with your families and friends bikes in front of the best Greek restaurant on the south side? Ever ask a young mother if you could let her child sit on that old horse he`s been looking at? Then give the little kid a t shirt that he`ll ware even when he shouldn`t? Ever finish a day of living by thanking the great spirit for keeping you healthy and able to help others live a better life? NO? Dam that was yesterday and shit that freedom and living was done while the old long hair is still game-fully employed....

Sounds like life has past you by. Try growing up punk, maybe in 20 or 30 years you will see but a small glimpse of life`s true gifts.

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 3

Thinking about all you fu*ktards telling people should retire after 30 years of service.

1. If you retire and start collecting SS before your full SS date you take a hit.

2. Can't hit on your 401k yet or you take a hit.

3. If you decided to work after retirement were are you going to find a job that pays half as much as your making now?

4. Think about it, its different times than it was 30+ years ago.

5. I'll f'ing go when I'm god damn ready to go and no one will tell me other wise so suck it up and if you don't like to bad.

6. QQ

!!!!OUT OF THE PARK!!!! MTP`er!!!!

Decker

Edited by Decker

If you are getting laid off from trades and were hired off street into trades, you cannot go to production.

Some tradesmen transferred and took a buyout form skilled trades to go production.

If you had production time you take that seniority date and if not you take the leveling date.

This was from a plant closing and the placing employees in other plants.

Most jobs were posted while some were placed without any postings.

YMMV.

UAW members talk about never giving up 30 and out, fought for it, but never use it anymore. You all act like youre going to live forever. Work insane amounts of OT, and dont have any savings. Like having 40+ years is some accomplishment. You guys with 30 now got your jobs because someone with 30 retired. Livonia hasnt hired in 15 years because people dont retire anymore and Ford keeps moving guys with 30 years into the plant.

If you think about it, if you got hired out of high school at age 18 and worked 30 yrs with ford, you would only be 48yrs old. I think that is too early and unrealistic for most people. I think 40-50 years in the workforce is the norm. What makes people work past retirement age are people who got divorced later in life, taking care of grandchildren, or any other curve ball life has thrown at them. There is the very small percentage of people who just don't have anything better to do.

FYI....working 40+ years at Ford or any other place IS an accomplishment. Your comment that it is not is an indicator of your youth, naivety, or Ford is your first and only work experience.

Also, refer to posts #82 by MTP'er and #85 by Decker above.

Edited by RougeWelder
  • Like 1

How is it an accomplishment? Is not like it is a carrier path, your not a doctor or lawyer. And just think you worked 40 years at a job you can't get fired from. Maybe I'm simplifying to much but I don't see the accomplishment. Nobody I grow up with dreamed of being an assembler or a factory rat.

Edited by one of a kind

How is it an accomplishment? Is not like it is a carrier path, your not a doctor or lawyer. And just think you worked 40 years at a job you can't get fired from. Maybe I'm simplifying to much but I don't see the accomplishment. Nobody I grow up with dreamed of being an assembler or a factory rat.

We live the Dream everyday we go into that factory!

• Like 1

You whine and cry more than my 1 year old. Just shut up about your seniority man, ain't a damn thing u can do about it. The same shit happened to me and hundreds of others at Sterling over the years. Every couple of years they would bring in high seniority from other plants and knock us down lower and lower. You gotta deal with it because there ain't shit u can do about it. If you're that upset about your situation maybe it's time for u to rethink your career path.

• Like 2

Some people just don`t understand.

"30 and out" is the slang term for a "benefit" that is available to members that have the choice or opportunity to exercise a bridge between leaving their employment and the date of retirement. If a member is in need to or has the health issues that warrant the need to leave, this benefit was put into place to aide or assist the member to the point at which they could qualify as retired under the retirement acts of the government.

This was never put in place as a line in the sand, when a member reaches that line or the 30 year mark, it was never intended to be the door that they were pushed out of. It is intended to give those with the seniority a choice of waiting for a government set date of retirement or having a benefit of some form of income (from the benefit of collecting on their Ford Pension at an earlier date) while waiting for the government set date of retirement. I`m not sure when the mind set came to be where 30 years of service was retirement? Ask a few "early" Pension benefit rececipients about the level of their income (lowering of their income) prior to the government set dates of retirement and if they respond truthfully they will tell you of this reduction and that reduction in not only their Ford Pension but also their Social Secrurity Retirement benefits. Collecting Pension benefits and Social Secruity Retirement benefits do start at the same time for some but, members have the benefit to draw on or collect from a Ford Pension Plan (that we each pay into over the years) in a time of need or at the discretion of the member with the seniority to make that decission.

This would take something called thinking and planing, something "sheep" have issues with. The key here is also a "benefit" an this benefit is called "seniority". Unfortunate for some they don`t have what they need to be or do what they feel they are entitled too. Fortunately for those with this condition the "benefit" will come with time.

In the mean time we with the benefit of choice and the knowledge of the two plans "Ford Pension" & "Social Secruity Retirement" will have to listen too the whining and bitching and hair brain reasons why some knuckle heads think they know whats best for those that have the benefit of good health and the years of service.

Sheep.... just got to put up with`em......

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Call me a winer swear at me what ever facts are you have to be a total screw-up top get fired. And I don't go around bragging how i was an assembler or even a p\f . I look at guys every day still doing entry level work with 35 to 40 years where is the accomplishment in that. Don't get me wrong I'm not an idiot I thank god everyday for the manky blessings. And my family is my greatest accomplishment. ford is a job nothing more nothing less. I came here looking for a job and if need be I leave here looking for one.

And it doesnt pay well anymore. 28 bucks an hour isnt what it used to be. And after 50 years, youre going to be making the same thing. When I die I dont want to think I wasted any more time than I absolutely had to working. Because a life lived at Ford isnt a life lived.

And it doesnt pay well anymore. 28 bucks an hour isnt what it used to be.

I honestly don't think you appreciate what you have. My wife had to go to nursing school for 4 years and take on student loans to make what an assembler does per hour. And let me tell you, she works harder than 99% of the people in auto pants.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think you appreciate what you have. My wife had to go to nursing school for 4 years and take on student loans to make what an assembler does per hour. And let me tell you, she works harder than 99% of the people in auto pants.

I'm sorry but assembly line workers body endures more wear and tear than a nurse, so your statement about she works harder than 99% of the people in an auto plant is FALSE!

Now if you had of said she works harder than 99% of the skilled trades workers in an auto plant your statement would have been TRUE!

• Like 1

I'm sorry but assembly line workers body endures more wear and tear than a nurse, so your statement about she works harder than 99% of the people in an auto plant is FALSE!

Ever see a 110lb woman try to turn a 300lb+ patient?

How about getting your RN degree and trying it out if you think it's so easy. Then we won't have to listen to you whine and stir the pot every day.

Edited by Pioneer
  • Like 4

Ever see a 110lb woman try to turn a 300lb+ patient?

How about getting your RN degree and trying it out if you think it's so easy. Then we won't have to listen to you whine and stir the pot every day.

Are you saying she turns over a 300lb patient every 50 seconds?

Or does she turn one over about as much as skilled trades works maybe once a day or once a month?

• Like 1