seniority

Or does she turn one over about as much as skilled trades works maybe once a day or once a month?

Being a tradesman I never look down at anyone working in the facility from the janitor , production workers to other trades & management.

We all work for the same company yet lots of disdain tossed around which some is likely warranted but the bulk is guilt by association.

Some people make way more than we do and others way less, some work harder and have a crappy task / job while others have easier ones.

To be honest the UAW / IUAW officials have the easiest job in the plant ( IMHO ) so if you want to compare a days work & wages try to find or follow around your elected reps or appointed jobs staffing.. You can always find them at election time. The IUAW is on another planet.

• Like 4

Being a tradesman I never look down at anyone working in the facility from the janitor , production workers to other trades & management.

We all work for the same company yet lots of disdain tossed around which some is likely warranted but the bulk is guilt by association.

Some people make way more than we do and others way less, some work harder and have a crappy task / job while others have easier ones.

To be honest the UAW / IUAW officials have the easiest job in the plant ( IMHO ) so if you want to compare a days work & wages try to find or follow around your elected reps or appointed jobs staffing.. You can always find them at election time. The IUAW is on another planet.

You are so correct cal50.

Decker

• Like 1

I don't like it when a tradesman says assembly plant workers don't work hard!

Line workers bust their ass

Edited by littlecountry

I don't like it when a tradesman says assembly plant workers don't work hard!

1. Pioneer didn't say line workers don't bust their ass, he said "people in assembly plants." Last I knew, there are far more than just line workers in assembly plants. The general public believes that we have an easy job because they've never done it. People that aren't teachers believe teaching is easy, yet they've never done it. People believe nurses have an easy job because, again, they've never had to do that job. For the love of all things holy please don't trash jobs/careers that you know nothing about. You're doing the exact same thing that people do to us, yet you're too self-involved to realize it.

2. Pioneer, I've been reading your posts for years now. You should know better than to engage littleweewee-country in any type of debate. He flip-flops more than a spatula at IHOP.

• Like 2

You're right. Should have kept my mouth shut.

I don`t know if many new comers can remember but, those that have been around this board for a day or two... can remember the Pioneer, Langston Hughes and a few other seasoned posters that had no trouble dealing with the multiple personalities of the "not one or the only" .... drum roll please

LITTLECOUNTRY

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

cal50, your "The IUAW is on another planet."... is something I can`t agree with more.

Ever wonder why there is so much hierarchy, class envy and the soft spoken hatred through out our plants? Why there is so much "we are better then they are" or "one group is better than the other group"? I use too....

For what it might be remotely worth or maybe not even worth the time to read, these are just some of my observations over the years of the battlefield (plant floor & the union club) as a rank and file member, an appointed member and an elected member. (Just My Opinion)

For years I`ve wondered and thought about where all this animosity towards each other was coming from. Were we just people that didn`t care for each other or was there some underlying factor for the continuous class envy and the "us and them" syndrome? This animosity did have some small benefits, it taught me about the different rates of pay for the different operations/classifications and the different places to be assigned on the plant floor that were better places than others.

Now it wasn`t long before I was recruited as a "helper". Yep, I had a part to play (small grunt part) on the "Team". I learned that there were those that didn`t work the line and were like a step above every other member. This my first realization of the union class structure. I came to find out this level or class of appointed or elected union officials were at best the lower upper class. Pretty much a thankless job, for those that did work for their members. My little grunt job didn`t work out but, damned if I hadn`t started my continuing education in political science. (not a poli sci major but had my silly electives)

Who would have thought, me, yes, me... got the privilege to attend the coronation proceedings (constitutional convention) as a delegate. Yeah, me. At that point I realized I was not in Indiana anymore an my little dog nuttzo had run off and hid. (a weird little plug for the Wizard of Ozzzz) People I was earning a masters in political science at this point.

This was the most bizarre shit I`d ever seen. You have these class levels and everyone has to stay in their class and that is very apparent from day one. There is all this pimping and circumcising going on all day, then the never ending kissing of the royal asses that are seated at the kings table. Then at the end of every bizarre day`s proceedings with all the phony huggies, kissies and the real butt rubbing the royal`s disband. Only to regroup in their smaller high class group`s later at dinners that the lowest class (the membership) paid for. What is discussed while the groping and huggies and kissies are going on? Of course they talk shit about all the other high class club members. It goes like this, she got her job because... he got his job by doing...what!!! and the always popular " how the hell did that b##### get that fuckin job.... Then there is the begging.... please let little Jimmy have a job. Little Jimmy is a dumb as box of rocks... I know, but he could be called an "outside security guard"? Okay, Okay you got your wish tell Jimmy to come to the solid house the day after the coronation. He`ll start at $61K...thats it ...dam it..... ok ok ok your holiness.

It dosen`t take a masters in poli sci to see through this big old lie, that is wrapped up in all that singing about "solidarity" and then covered in this bullshit topping referred to as "democracy"... nope it was very obvious this was some late 19th century view of a kingdom and its royalty. I`m old but, not blind or deaf so what I saw and heard could never be past off to any living sole as solidarity much less any thing near democracy. What a fricken bizarre experience.

I know ..I know.. I came the long way around the barn to state my point.... This big business organization "we pay for" leads through example. So there is not the slightest question in this old long hairs mind any more, "we" are being lead by those that perpetuate the animosity, class envy, not one commoner is an equal and the soft spoken hatred.

I don`t question it anymore, the reason we work with so much animosity in our ranks is because our leaders are from another planet.

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 5

1. Pioneer didn't say line workers don't bust their ass, he said "people in assembly plants." Last I knew, there are far more than just line workers in assembly plants. The general public believes that we have an easy job because they've never done it. People that aren't teachers believe teaching is easy, yet they've never done it. People believe nurses have an easy job because, again, they've never had to do that job. For the love of all things holy please don't trash jobs/careers that you know nothing about. You're doing the exact same thing that people do to us, yet you're too self-involved to realize it.

2. Pioneer, I've been reading your posts for years now. You should know better than to engage littleweewee-country in any type of debate. He flip-flops more than a spatula at IHOP.

He said 99% of people in assembly plants, that number includes all assembly line workers!

The 1% percent left I guess he is referring to skilled trades.

The last contract in 2011 changed trades going to production language so that u no longer had to have been production to go to production if reduced from trades

Can't remember the date, but in the early 80's? Ford was laying off skilled trades............ That was the first time I can recall when they allowed skilled trades to go to production even if they didn't have production time. Ford was worried that their industrial electrians, that would "hit the street", would go to Local 58 and get a job. Never to return........... They (Ford) knew the downturn wouldn't last long, so they cut a deal with the Union to allow this to happen...... I was there.............. It happened.............. I was in B Building at the time............. For you youngsters............. that was assembly plant in THE ROUGE that built the Mustang, Couger, Comet and Maverick..............

cal50, your "The IUAW is on another planet."... is something I can`t agree with more.

Ever wonder why there is so much hierarchy, class envy and the soft spoken hatred through out our plants? Why there is so much "we are better then they are" or "one group is better than the other group"? I use too....

For what it might be remotely worth or maybe not even worth the time to read, these are just some of my observations over the years of the battlefield (plant floor & the union club) as a rank and file member, an appointed member and an elected member. (Just My Opinion)

For years I`ve wondered and thought about where all this animosity towards each other was coming from. Were we just people that didn`t care for each other or was there some underlying factor for the continuous class envy and the "us and them" syndrome? This animosity did have some small benefits, it taught me about the different rates of pay for the different operations/classifications and the different places to be assigned on the plant floor that were better places than others.

Now it wasn`t long before I was recruited as a "helper". Yep, I had a part to play (small grunt part) on the "Team". I learned that there were those that didn`t work the line and were like a step above every other member. This my first realization of the union class structure. I came to find out this level or class of appointed or elected union officials were at best the lower upper class. Pretty much a thankless job, for those that did work for their members. My little grunt job didn`t work out but, damned if I hadn`t started my continuing education in political science. (not a poli sci major but had my silly electives)

Who would have thought, me, yes, me... got the privilege to attend the coronation proceedings (constitutional convention) as a delegate. Yeah, me. At that point I realized I was not in Indiana anymore an my little dog nuttzo had run off and hid. (a weird little plug for the Wizard of Ozzzz) People I was earning a masters in political science at this point.

This was the most bizarre shit I`d ever seen. You have these class levels and everyone has to stay in their class and that is very apparent from day one. There is all this pimping and circumcising going on all day, then the never ending kissing of the royal asses that are seated at the kings table. Then at the end of every bizarre day`s proceedings with all the phony huggies, kissies and the real butt rubbing the royal`s disband. Only to regroup in their smaller high class group`s later at dinners that the lowest class (the membership) paid for. What is discussed while the groping and huggies and kissies are going on? Of course they talk shit about all the other high class club members. It goes like this, she got her job because... he got his job by doing...what!!! and the always popular " how the hell did that b##### get that fuckin job.... Then there is the begging.... please let little Jimmy have a job. Little Jimmy is a dumb as box of rocks... I know, but he could be called an "outside security guard"? Okay, Okay you got your wish tell Jimmy to come to the solid house the day after the coronation. He`ll start at $61K...thats it ...dam it..... ok ok ok your holiness.

It dosen`t take a masters in poli sci to see through this big old lie, that is wrapped up in all that singing about "solidarity" and then covered in this bullshit topping referred to as "democracy"... nope it was very obvious this was some late 19th century view of a kingdom and its royalty. I`m old but, not blind or deaf so what I saw and heard could never be past off to any living sole as solidarity much less any thing near democracy. What a fricken bizarre experience.

I know ..I know.. I came the long way around the barn to state my point.... This big business organization "we pay for" leads through example. So there is not the slightest question in this old long hairs mind any more, "we" are being lead by those that perpetuate the animosity, class envy, not one commoner is an equal and the soft spoken hatred.

I don`t question it anymore, the reason we work with so much animosity in our ranks is because our leaders are from another planet.

Decker

I really can not say anything positive about the UAW or IUAW currently.

Our local is a total self serving joke under the blind supervision and apparent blessing of the IUAW.

Don't call us , we will call you......Just don't wait by the phone.

At least in Michigan there is some right to work / opt out option available starting this year.

If it ever comes to Ohio its a serious consideration at this point.

After going thru a plant closing and sale and seeing first hand how job transfers and posting happened and in many cases never happened but people magically had an opening in various plant with no posted opening or bid available its 100% IUAW / UAW manipulation.

Ford only cares about "X" number of people needed but its the IUAW and locals that play self serving games , that we all are paying for.

The union is like paying for insurance you assume is good ,just hope you never have a problem or file a claim and find out its pretty crappy.

• Like 2

One of a kind leveling date is 10/84. IT WILL NOT BE CHANGED BY YOUR PLANT. IT IS NATIONALLY NEOGIATED.

Every guy who was at AAI when Mazda owned it didn't get their ford seniority date change to 94/95 whenever they took over. No. Ford let them keep their 88. When they were dispersed to Rawsonville and Livonia in 2004(can't remember the year) THEY KEPT 1988.

When wixom people were dispersed. They kept their seniority when they went to Livonia.

STOP posting this bullshit of a wet dream IT WONT HAPPEN.

Everyone who ended up at DTP when the great collapse of 08 happened...GUESS WHAT!?

WE ALL KEPT OUR SENIORITY

MTP

DAP

AAI

RAWS

SALINE

LIVONIA

ETC ETC

I rest my case. Stop posting.

• Like 1

One of a kind leveling date is 10/84. IT WILL NOT BE CHANGED BY YOUR PLANT. IT IS NATIONALLY NEOGIATED.

Every guy who was at AAI when Mazda owned it didn't get their ford seniority date change to 94/95 whenever they took over. No. Ford let them keep their 88. When they were dispersed to Rawsonville and Livonia in 2004(can't remember the year) THEY KEPT 1988.

When wixom people were dispersed. They kept their seniority when they went to Livonia.

STOP posting this bullshit of a wet dream IT WONT HAPPEN.

Everyone who ended up at DTP when the great collapse of 08 happened...GUESS WHAT!?

WE ALL KEPT OUR SENIORITY

MTP

DAP

AAI

RAWS

SALINE

LIVONIA

ETC ETC

I rest my case. Stop posting.

ONEOFAKIND is trying to deter people with higher seniority than him from putting in for postings to go to Livonia. He's using scare tactics by lying out of his ass. You'd have to be a complete moron to believe a word of the horseshit he's writing.

I'm posting to try to get out information out. This is a contract year nationally and our local. And just in case you morons out there have forgotten we up or contacts to implement changes, not just to keep giving the company more thing. So IF 182 man's up and pulls any of this off we should all celebrate and hope that all local step up to represent there own local. Man this is a sad statement for the uaw as a whole. State posting what you think your local needs to do to represent and protect YOUR OWN local specifically, and I hope we all can surport one another in there endeavor.

Edited by one of a kind

Obviously this fu@ktard doesn't understand the word UNION.

Why would ones local language that could effect everybody in the UNION not just there local be allowed. Only the IUAW can make this happen and believe you me it ain't.

Yes you are one of a kind and by your posting you surely don't UNDERSTAND the CONTRACT do ya now.