high end fusion or low end impala, any suggestions?

hardbalance

I don't consider the Japanese brands and the budget is limited(around $30000). I test drove some models and I am interested in the 2015 impala 2LT($28883) and 2016 fusion Titanium FWD($28998). These two prices seems decent and nearly are the lowest ones I could find in autopriceshare.com.

I know this is a ford forum and I want to listen some feedbacks about the fusion reliability and fuel economy. In addition, I hope that someone could share your price if you just purchased the same model. Any replies are helpful for me. Thanks
Edited by hardbalance

I like both cars. The Impala is very nice, but usually what sells me are the extra options in a car. So if you can get more with the Fusion and it's size meets yours needs (and you like it), I'd recommend the Fusion. That being said, if you are not an "options" guy, you won't go wrong with either car.

Both are good looking cars. I took a look at both when the Impala came out in 2014 but went with the Fusion. I got a nearly fully loaded one for around $32k after all the incentives. Like others said, it comes down to what you need and then personal taste. The Impala being a full size is bound to have more room than the Fusion but even then, the Fusion has plenty of space for passengers. I prefer the cabin layout of the Fusion just because of its simplicity without being cheap looking and how you have so many options to do things within the car (sync, wheel controls, MFT).

Personal preference but one thing that turned me off from the Impala was the elastic membrane on the steering wheel hand controls and concerns over the reliability of the membrane with wear and tear over the years.

If you don't mind, you could consider a loaded Ti used 2015/14 with low miles. I think these days, most of these cars have about the same reliability.

Edited by rp2388

• 3 weeks later...