Ford workers in Kansas City could strike Sunday

Pinto'77

Is it true that KC Assembly is only working 4 hrs. per shift ?

That is what I heard this morning but we know how people like to start shit.

If KC strikes I say no to any form of volunteer overtime. If they aren't running we shouldn't help the company make anything extra until they settle with them and give them an acceptable local agreement. Just my personal opinion.

• Like 3

Notice when the IUAW got involved.............. They got an agreement.

Certainly tells me that a strike long or short would have hurt the company-- production lost is money lost. DTP would not have helped unless they added 3 more shifts (impossible)

Good job KCAP :headspin:

If they (IUAW) go to Ford or GM, they are "chicken shit"............ At that point, they feel they would not be productive in getting a contract that the FCA Union would pass...... I don't remember a time when a "target" was picked and after a vote, backed out, and went to another company because of a NO vote............. YOU STARTED IT........ FINISH IT..............

If they (IUAW) go to Ford or GM, they are "chicken shit"............ At that point, they feel they would not be productive in getting a contract that the FCA Union would pass...... I don't remember a time when a "target" was picked and after a vote, backed out, and went to another company because of a NO vote............. YOU STARTED IT........ FINISH IT..............

Story on the Detroit Free Press website saying they're going back to bargain with FCA again

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2015/10/02/uaw-fca-explore-new-deal/73241184/

Story on the Detroit Free Press website saying they're going back to bargain with FCA again

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2015/10/02/uaw-fca-explore-new-deal/73241184/

No it don't............. It says........... The UAW will formally explore whether it should renegotiate a proposed contract with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles before making the bolder decision to move on to General Motors or Ford to reach a deal,

Hopefully they go back to FCA sooner than later,

Traditional are missing out on $3,000 and $1.00 per hour raise plus time and a half and double time lost.

Entry level are missing out on $3,000,,,,,,,,,,, $2.00, $3.00 and $4.00 per hour raises depending on seniority (progression) plus time and a half and double time lost.............

Sergio is laughing all the way to the bank saving millions in payroll.

Edited by tooltime

So if you cut out half the f-150 production it wouldn't hurt??? I beg to differ.

There was never going to be a strike, this was all a PR move by the union to get the members to think they actually have our best interests in mind after presenting that shitty contract to the members at FCA.

Piss on that, FCA isn't going to get much extra if anything. I personally don't feel like sitting around so they can vote no again. Come to us, give us our money then go back to the misfits. Nothing against the workers personally I have just always had a serious hatred for Chrysler and their ugly product line for the last 30 years.

True, in the short term FCA-UAW employees are missing some benefits but long term they stand to gain more and the fact that Sergio is "laughing all the way to the bank" tells you how much shit the union let them pull over the workers for the last 4 years!How quickly the UAW responds to FCA with a strike if necessary will tell a lot about much they are on their union members side or are they more on Chryslers side,Sergio and Dennis Williams hug and smile so much you have to keep a bucket of cold water around when those two get together,so I am not really sure.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

Don't know why you think I'm paranoid, I'm just not believing that IUAW was actually going to follow through with strike for that plant.

Seems Ford motor Company believed the IUAW and Local 249 were striking Sunday-- Stalemate for months, threaten strike and UAW 249 members win

This was posted

on UAW Ford Facebook----

**** Message from Vice President Settles *****

On Friday, October 2, at 11:08 PM EST, Local 249, Kansas City Assembly Plant (KCAP) and Ford Motor Company reached a tentative agreement on their local contract.

As you know, earlier this week, I gave Ford Motor Company 120-hour notice of our intention to strike at the Kansas City facility if a tentative agreement for their local contract could not be reached. Thankfully, with this evenings announcement, that action has been averted.

I would like to extend my sincerest appreciation to Chairman Todd Hillyard and the local bargaining committee, along with representatives from the UAW National Ford Department, for working diligently to reach a deal that meets the needs of the Local 249 KCAP membership.

I would further like to thank the hardworking men and women of KCAP for their strength, and our entire membership for their support and solidarity.

In solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

UAW Vice President and Director

National Ford Department