big posting at KTP

manzov22

I would rather quit than go back there. I don't want to be forced onto night shift for the next 10 years.

No offense, but you like to complain and bitch a lot. First you cry you don't want to be laid off, then when you get an opportunity to stay on at your home plant you say you're going to quit.

No offense, but you like to complain and bitch a lot. First you cry you don't want to be laid off, then when you get an opportunity to stay on at your home plant you say you're going to quit.

Of course I don't want to be laid off, who would?

I would rather quit than have an "opportunity" to go back to my home plant, knowing full well in 2018, im right back in the same situation. And oh, by the way, I don't want to be forced into nights for the next 10 years of my life. I actually want to spend time with my wife, and start a family.

I would rather quit than have an "opportunity" to go back to my home plant, knowing full well in 2018, im right back in the same situation. And oh, by the way, I don't want to be forced into nights for the next 10 years of my life. I actually want to spend time with my wife, and start a family.

C Crew isn't bad for the family life.

Home 5 nights a week for dinner, you can still take the lady out for a date on Saturdays, makes it easier to attend the kids doc appointsments during the week, makes running around easier to during the week.

If you can get into a plant with C crew it is much more family friendly than B Crew, been on both and on C crew I spend way more time with my kids now than I did working B shift.

Just saying it's an option.

You're going to be in the same situation in 2018, And what would that be?

C Crew isn't bad for the family life.

Home 5 nights a week for dinner, you can still take the lady out for a date on Saturdays, makes it easier to attend the kids doc appointsments during the week, makes running around easier to during the week.

If you can get into a plant with C crew it is much more family friendly than B Crew, been on both and on C crew I spend way more time with my kids now than I did working B shift.

Just saying it's an option.

I know, I was on C-crew at MAP, and loved it.

You're going to be in the same situation in 2018, And what would that be?

Laid off.

You know that no matter what replaces the Focus/C-Max there, I seriously doubt they will launch on 2 shifts. I have the lowest seniority in that plant now, and I really don't think in 3 years, I would be able to escape the second shift being cut.

Just stating the fact that there really isn't a better job available....People with electrical engineering degrees are making less than most of us. This I know for a fact.

Sorry I'm a little late to this conversation but the stupidity of Tier2's statement is overwhelming.

Here is a list of electrical eng. jobs on a popular job search engine, by pay rate, in the detroit area.

electrical engineer jobs in Michigan
Sort by: relevance - date
Salary Estimate

And none of these peoitions require heavy lifting on an assembly line.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm a little late to this conversation but the stupidity of Tier2's statement is overwhelming.

Here is a list of electrical eng. jobs on a popular job search engine, by pay rate, in the detroit area.

electrical engineer jobs in Michigan

Sort by: relevance - date

Salary Estimate

And none of these peoitions require heavy lifting on an assembly line.

How many years have you made $80,000-$90,000? Thanks for proving my point and not even realizing it.

How many years have you made $80,000-$90,000? Thanks for proving my point and not even realizing it.

I have never made anywhere near $80,000 on a 40 to 50 hr schedule that most eng. work.

Most UAW workers do not work the kind of OT required to make those kinda numbers and none make those kinda numbers on 40 hrs.

I have never made anywhere near $80,000 on a 40 to 50 hr schedule that most eng. work.

Most UAW workers do not work the kind of OT required to make those kinda numbers and none make those kinda numbers on 40 hrs.

40*$29*52=$60,320

$60,320+$5,000 profit share(which is a conservative figure)=$65,320

$65,320+$1500 lump sum bonus=$66,820

$66,820 with no overtime. Seems like that is the middle ground for your electrical engineer salaries.

Not to mention after this contract you'll be at, at least $32/hr. Lol!

Controls Engineer

ITH Staffing - Saginaw, MI

$65,000 a year

Recruiter

Apply from your phone

ITH Staffing

7 reviews

Read what employees say about working here.

Applicant should possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, with experience in hardware and software design for CNC(preferred) and/or PLC controlled machines. Experience leading projects and people is desirable. Must have experience designing machine controls to customer specifications. Specific experience with Fanuc and/or Siemens CNCs, and metal-removal machine tools is also desirable. Must have experience with Ladder/PLC programming logic and an understanding of NFPA/NEC codes. Must possess a good understanding of electrical control system design, power electronics and electrical machine hardware and safety systems. Must have advanced computer skills and experience with AutoCad drafting. At least five (5) years of experience as a controls design engineer with a machine tool or special machine builder is also required. Candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks. Some travel will be involved in this position.

Salary: $65,000.00 /year

Look you make more now than a person with a required 5 years experience. Haha!

• Like 1

Yeah Tier 2 they can dream all they want but I seriously doubt they will find someone who meets all those criterion at that salary!Maybe if it is a cushy office type M-F,40 hour a week, gig but usually they require/demand massive overtime so I would consider it a job with $65,000 as a base and the potential to make much more.

Edited by Fatso

Yeah Tier 2 they can dream all they want but I seriously doubt they will find someone who meets all those criterion at that salary!Maybe if it is a cushy office type M-F,40 hour a week, gig but usually they require/demand massive overtime so I would consider it a job with $65,000 as a base and the potential to make much more.

Now skilled trades makes $100,000 plus

A raise that still left a $9/hr difference for someone doing the same job. Not good no matter how you try to spin it.

Well that makes you the dumbass for signing up to work knowing that, doesn't it? It was not hidden in the small print when you started.
  • Like 1

No one is begging you to stay here and work. You really do give all the tier 2's a bad name. Just quit already!!

You give this union a bad name. How can you be a union member and justify that you should make more money than someone doing the same job? You need to research and study what a union represents.

Edited by Tier2

You give this union a bad name. How can you be a union member and justify that you should make more money than someone doing the same job? You need to research and study what a union represents.

You should have researched your pay scale.......