Think Twice

littlecountry

Times are very different you can not expect to have the things we use to have, stop living in the past and wake up ,

That profit they make helps keep you employed! That profit is helping them give a huge signing bonus, raises, and eliminating 2nd Tier!

Call the company greedy but a company is in business to make a profit, employees that want every dime of that profit given to them that is GREED!!!!

• Like 4

Times are very different you can not expect to have the things we use to have, stop living in the past and wake up ,

That profit they make helps keep you employed! That profit is helping them give a huge signing bonus, raises, and eliminating 2nd Tier!

Call the company greedy but a company is in business to make a profit, employees that want every dime of that profit given to them that is GREED!!!!

I do not think most people want every penny of profit.I think they just want to be treated fairly.Ford said it would return to us what was given up to help the company survive.This contract is in the right direction but using the old advance on "our money" from profit sharing to make the sign on bonus look bigger is a insult that has run its course.That being said the contract is not too bad,at least they did not take away anything this time.

• Like 1

I have said it before and I`ll say it again you littlecountry have become a Gourmet Chief. You can stir up the best shit I have ever read :salute:

• Like 1

Exactly. Why even give us a signing bonus? Ford can say take it or we are locking you out. But they dont, the offer 8 grand to sign. But they are the greedy ones....

Your right how is the company giving you $8500 being greedy, it's the employee being greedy for expecting it!

We are getting double what another company got and that's not enough in you guys eyes , looks like greed on the employee side !!!

Step back and think about the guy who works at a supplier plant who would love to make our wages and not even expect $8500 to sign a contract for a raise! He would just be happy to have a contract that offered him 30 plus dollars an hour!

Your right how is the company giving you $8500 being greedy, it's the employee being greedy for expecting it!

We are getting double what another company got and that's not enough in you guys eyes , looks like greed on the employee side !!!

Step back and think about the guy who works at a supplier plant who would love to make our wages and not even expect $8500 to sign a contract for a raise! He would just be happy to have a contract that offered him 30 plus dollars an hour!

I'd give up my 8k bonus for a payscale that is front loaded like GM's.

You would give up $8500 to get a $1.50 raise a few months ahead of time? Not smart.

Really now meat head?

1.50 x 2000 = 3000.

3000 X 3 = 9000

Add that also into time and a half for OT and time and a quarter for 2 days over 3 years.

Yes, I'd trade that 8k for a $1.50 extra per hour after 1 year.

I hope you are sterile and can't pollute the population anymore than your parents have done.

• Like 1

Really now meat head?

1.50 x 2000 = 3000.

3000 X 3 = 9000

Add that also into time and a half for OT and time and a quarter for 2 days over 3 years.

Yes, I'd trade that 8k for a $1.50 extra per hour after 1 year.

I hope you are sterile and can't pollute the population anymore than your parents have done.

Hey dipshit you're are using a whole years hours to calculate, when in reality it depends on your hire in date. Someone with January seniority would be $1.50 behind for 4 months. September seniority would be needed for a 12 month difference.

Now don't you have legacy member to be blowing?

Exactly! We live in a global economy, things will never be like they were in the past. If your free health care, raises, bonuses, profit sharing, free legal service and tuition assistance offends you, then by all means quit and go find another job! We are not getting everything back in this contract, but we are making some gains. Times are great right now, but who knows what the future holds. Companies are in business to make money, they cannot give us everything back at once not knowing what the economy will be like in four years. If things are still great in four more years, we will make more gains. No one ever promised you that you would get everything back all at once! And tier 2 employees, you need to go price the health care plan that you are getting for free! That alone is worth hundreds every month.

• Like 1

Exactly! We live in a global economy, things will never be like they were in the past. If your free health care, raises, bonuses, profit sharing, free legal service and tuition assistance offends you, then by all means quit and go find another job! We are not getting everything back in this contract, but we are making some gains. Times are great right now, but who knows what the future holds. Companies are in business to make money, they cannot give us everything back at once not knowing what the economy will be like in four years. If things are still great in four more years, we will make more gains. No one ever promised you that you would get everything back all at once! And tier 2 employees, you need to go price the health care plan that you are getting for free! That alone is worth hundreds every month.

Um.... I'm not naive enough to believe it would happen, but actually they did promise that exactly, when they told us our concessions were temporary & once the company returned to profitability they would be reinstated. They LIED, plain & simple & if you really think they aren't lying now about promising full pay in 8 years, then bless your heart. They might, but if they decide not to for whatever reason, they won't. And they were profitable way before this year, yes I enjoy all the benefits we have & will enjoy the ones this contract offers & retains if it passes, but I don't enjoy being lied to & then being told I'm greedy for being upset about it. Edited by 2seater

Hey dipshit you're are using a whole years hours to calculate, when in reality it depends on your hire in date. Someone with January seniority would be $1.50 behind for 4 months. September seniority would be needed for a 12 month difference.

Now don't you have legacy member to be blowing?

Incorrect again, the GM payscale which is what you and I are discussing here has ZERO to do with hire date. Raises are given at specified dates. So if you hired in at the first of the year or in July raises are given at the same time.

I bet your parents call you failure when you're not around.

Um.... I'm not naive enough to believe it would happen, but actually they did promise that exactly, when they told us our concessions were temporary & once the company returned to profitability they would be reinstated. They LIED, plain & simple & if you really think they aren't lying now about promising full pay in 8 years, then bless your heart. They might, but if they decide not to for whatever reason, they won't

The company can never promise anything! The auto industry is dependent upon the economy, which is still unstable globally! No disrespect to tier 2, but you have only seen the good times with Ford Motor Company. Your new health care package alone is worth tens of thousands!! Many tier 1 employees were part time for years before becoming full time. You should be thankful that you have a path to full pay. You have to work your way up to full pay, just like you would at any other job! If you are not happy at Ford Motor Company, then quit and go find another job!

• Like 2

The company can never promise anything! The auto industry is dependent upon the economy, which is still unstable globally! No disrespect to tier 2, but you have only seen the good times with Ford Motor Company. Your new health care package alone is worth tens of thousands!! Many tier 1 employees were part time for years before becoming full time. You should be thankful that you have a path to full pay. You have to work your way up to full pay, just like you would at any other job! If you are not happy at Ford Motor Company, then quit and go find another job!

The 8 year path is fine, just front load it. You shouldn't be have to be there 6 years to be able to do things like marry a woman you love, buy a house, fix your home, pay for a kids braces, fix a car that's bound to have a problem or two, or any of life's unexpected shitstorms that fly up out of no where and have it completely drain you financially.

Some may think a three of four raise plan over the first two years isn't much but it will add up quickly.

Happy employees are more productive.

Employees not stressed out are more productive.

Being productive is good for everyone, workers and company.

William Clay Ford Jr's total compensation for 2014 $10,683,359.00 or $5,136.per hour

Mark Fields' total compensation for 2014 $14,949,161.00 or $7,187.00 per hour

Alan Mulally total compensation for 2014 $22,042,128.00 or $10,597.00 per hour

Also, Alan Mulally walked away from Ford with $300 million in total compensation for 6 years... These same 6 years, the workers that actually build their product got a big fat WAGE FREEZE!!! And yet, you call the employees greedy? It's not the employees squeezing every dime of profit from Ford, It's the outrageous salaries of the top executives. But yet you are upset with someone that makes anywhere from $31,000 to $50,000 wanting a raise? Ha, your anger needs to re-directed my friend!

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/07/news/companies/mulally/index.html

William Clay Ford Jr's total compensation for 2014 $10,683,359.00 or $5,136.per hour

Mark Fields' total compensation for 2014 $14,949,161.00 or $7,187.00 per hour

Alan Mulally total compensation for 2014 $22,042,128.00 or $10,597.00 per hour

Also, Alan Mulally walked away from Ford with $300 million in total compensation for 6 years... These same 6 years, the workers that actually build their product got a big fat WAGE FREEZE!!! And yet, you call the employees greedy? It's not the employees squeezing every dime of profit from Ford, It's the outrageous salaries of the top executives. But yet you are upset with someone that makes anywhere from $31,000 to $50,000 wanting a raise? Ha, your anger needs to re-directed my friend!

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/07/news/companies/mulally/index.html

You can't compare what they make to what we make , they have a different job title! If you want to make that kind of money apply for a CEO job! Til then.......... Be thankful that your uneducated self is making good money!

• Like 2

Only uneducated people verbally attack others because they can't fight intellectually! Also, I agree CEO's and top executives should make good money, they earned it. But the amout they make in this day in time compared to the average worker is obsurd. And that is what I call greed. A blue collar worker that is working their fingers to the bone trying to scrounge up money for medical bills, groceries, house payments, etc is not the greedy one here. Also, you will probably say... go get a job somewhere else, blah, blah, blah... Corporate greed is everywhere and everyone is fighting for better wages across the nation. The only thing we are asking is to be restored to what we once had. Concessions given back, tier-two ended, and a wage that reflects what it should be, had we not endured a decade long wage freeze... Now, if you don't agree, that is your opinion. No need to go on the attack.

Edited by KCAPJimmy

Incorrect again, the GM payscale which is what you and I are discussing here has ZERO to do with hire date. Raises are given at specified dates. So if you hired in at the first of the year or in July raises are given at the same time.

I bet your parents call you failure when you're not around.

I was referring to someone at Ford with January seniority. The sooner you realize you're not as bright as you think, the better off you'll be.

You can't compare what they make to what we make , they have a different job title! If you want to make that kind of money apply for a CEO job! Til then.......... Be thankful that your uneducated self is making good money!

Maybe you missed the larger point that management is VERY well compensated while everyone else is compensated.

Only an idiot would directly compare the two......education or not.

I like the fact that the people steering the corporation gets paid very well, I just want back what I once HAD and to build on it moving forward.

If that is deemed unreasonable so be it. I believe the union was the one that said our past give backs to help the company when they needed help was temporary until the company returns to profitability and more solid footing. I think we are yet I am missing a few things.........

Whoever had the idea to advance our profit sharing into signing a new contract shot be beaten with a wiffle ball bat.

Its buying votes and instant gratification.

• Like 1

The 8 year path is fine, just front load it. You shouldn't be have to be there 6 years to be able to do things like marry a woman you love, buy a house, fix your home, pay for a kids braces, fix a car that's bound to have a problem or two, or any of life's unexpected shitstorms that fly up out of no where and have it completely drain you financially.

Some may think a three of four raise plan over the first two years isn't much but it will add up quickly.

So what you are saying is that no one should have to work at a job for 6 years to get full pay and be able to buy house and be secure? Buddy, get a clue!! People work for years at jobs before having enough security to do the things they want to do! Your sense of entitlement is mind boggling!

• Like 2

Is it a good deal if you were going to marry a woman you didn't love?

• Like 1

So what you are saying is that no one should have to work at a job for 6 years to get full pay and be able to buy house and be secure? Buddy, get a clue!! People work for years at jobs before having enough security to do the things they want to do! Your sense of entitlement is mind boggling!

Says someone that probably topped out in 3 years while I am ok with too out in 8.

Go fuck yourself.