Think Twice

littlecountry

No it did not take me 8 years to get to full pay, but 20 years ago things were different. I did work part time for quite a while, have seen many ups and downs and have given up a lot over the past decade. I know the younger generation has it harder, but without an education, this is the best job you will ever have. The legacy workers have not always had it easy, most of us have been through very rough times. Bottom line, quit acting like a victim! You have a health care package that is worth thousands, raises and a path to full pay. If that is not enough for you, go apply at McDonald's. If you want to strike, keep in mind that this is a right to work state, and there will be a line of people a mile long waiting to happily take your job.

• Like 1

Voting Yes! This is a damn good Contract! Those of you that are saying always vote No the first Time, do not understand the Union Business or how things work. Elections are not Free, they cost a lot of money. That is why your international UAW fought hard to get the best Possible Tentative agreement the first Time. As for the Trades always being negative, don't forget that it's the Production Workers that Build the Cars and Trucks that pay your wages!

• Like 1

Voting Yes! This is a damn good Contract! Those of you that are saying always vote No the first Time, do not understand the Union Business or how things work. Elections are not Free, they cost a lot of money. That is why your international UAW fought hard to get the best Possible Tentative agreement the first Time. As for the Trades always being negative, don't forget that it's the Production Workers that Build the Cars and Trucks that pay your wages!

Voting yes as well! This is a great contract and I look forward to more gains next time around. We cannot have everything back all at once, considering the global economy is still very fragile. If things continue on the upswing, we will gain much more in the future! Trades will never be happy, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Elections are not Free, they cost a lot of money. That is why your international UAW fought hard to get the best Possible Tentative agreement the first Time.

Like Chrysler???

No, elections are not free*

*Its paid for by our union dues ( we pay for it and they work for us, not the other way around ).

You say International fought hard to get the best tentative agreement the first time, really???? Then explain to those of us who don't like this contract how the members of fca voted down their first contract proposal and ended up with a better proposal the second time around??

• Like 1

The company can never promise anything! The auto industry is dependent upon the economy, which is still unstable globally! No disrespect to tier 2, but you have only seen the good times with Ford Motor Company. Your new health care package alone is worth tens of thousands!! Many tier 1 employees were part time for years before becoming full time. You should be thankful that you have a path to full pay. You have to work your way up to full pay, just like you would at any other job! If you are not happy at Ford Motor Company, then quit and go find another job!

I'm already at full pay 26 years & counting but thanks for your concern. Again I'm not naive enough to think it will happen but they can do better, making path to Full pay by end of this contract & 4 3-4% raises would pass without the insulting borrow from our own profit sharing, even a little raise per month for the retirees... None of this would put a dent in the BILLIONS they are raking in. And as for the hostess video someone put up as a scare tactic, no comparison to our situation, hostess was in very bad shape, we are not

No it did not take me 8 years to get to full pay, but 20 years ago things were different. I did work part time for quite a while, have seen many ups and downs and have given up a lot over the past decade. I know the younger generation has it harder, but without an education, this is the best job you will ever have. The legacy workers have not always had it easy, most of us have been through very rough times. Bottom line, quit acting like a victim! You have a health care package that is worth thousands, raises and a path to full pay. If that is not enough for you, go apply at McDonald's. If you want to strike, keep in mind that this is a right to work state, and there will be a line of people a mile long waiting to happily take your job.

What did you make before top out was 28.48?

And no one is acting like a victim. I'm no slug, I'm at work 20 minutes early, always do a great job, never look to cut corners, go home, abuse FMLA, awol almost to the point of getting canned. I've never been to medical nor do I intend on it, I'm always sober and rarely decline overtime.

Like it or not I have a right to value myself above half the drunk legacy workers I see daily, the ones playing the medical game, or other bullshit.

Do I feel I am worth more than I am paid, absolutely. Anyone that does a good job the right way should, especially considering all the spoiled whiny ass legacy people crying seniority and still being a constant fuck up.

Also for the record I am happy with my lower cost insurance plan and honestly want nothing to do with "legacy health care".

Money pays bills and puts kids through college so they don't have to do this kind of bullshit for a living(hopefully). Not health insurance.

Edited by caustic

• Like 1

We as Union membership need to look out for our union brothers and sisters at Rawsonville, Sterling Axle and Woodhaven Stamping and VOTE NO on that alone..

Damn right!

You guys that want to vote yes what happens when you get a referral for a son, daughter, brother, or someone else close to you and they get stuck at one of those plants? You'll sing a much different tune then.

No Ford employee should be left out.

Parts plants don't make assembly plant wages, they can transfer to assembly plants where you earn your money

What?? Parts plants don't make assembly plant wages, since when?? They most certainly do as of right now make the same wages. STOP BEING GREEDY AND LOOK OUT FOR THEM AND VOTE NO. I guess you also think it's ok that tier 2s don't get offered health care when they retire? Equal days pay for an Equals day work means nothing to you.

Damn right!

You guys that want to vote yes what happens when you get a referral for a son, daughter, brother, or someone else close to you and they get stuck at one of those plants? You'll sing a much different tune then.

No Ford employee should be left out.

Exactly!!! Also how can GM end up with a better deal then what we're being offered??

You say International fought hard to get the best tentative agreement the first time, really???? Then explain to those of us who don't like this contract how the members of fca voted down their first contract proposal and ended up with a better proposal the second time around??

They ended up with basically the same Contract!