A Little Throwback Trivia

Need a hint. Is he a "Whiz Kid?"

That is who I was thinking of.....ummm....he was the statistician during WW2-have his name on tip of my brain and thought his name started w/an S.

Nope not the guy my brain is thinking of now that I did a google search. Looked at the 10 whiz kids and don't really know who it was.

Long day!!! My brain is fried but the bourbon tastes delicious:)

Good trivia!

Edited by kyle

The answer is John Dykstra

John Dykstra with Henry Ford II

John Dykstra (left) with Henry Ford II - click to enlarge

On 09 November 1960, Henry Ford II resigned the presidency and becomes CEO and Chairman with Robert McNamara taking on the roll as president. McNamara would resign his position on 01 January 1960 to become Secretary of Defense for President John F. Kennedy.

On 01 January 1961, John Dykstra would become the president serving from 1961-1963.

On 09 November 1960, Henry Ford II resigned the presidency and becomes CEO and Chairman with Robert McNamara taking on the roll as president. McNamara would resign his position on 01 January 1960 to become Secretary of Defense for President John F. Kennedy.

I know McNamara's reputation in politics isn't all that great, but I didn't think he was so bad as to resign almost a year before he even took the job... ;)

• 8 years later...
On 4/16/2024 at 3:30 PM, johntdykstra said:

Nearly a decade late to this one, but that striking gentleman is my Great Great Grandfather. 

Stumbling across this made my day, thanks!

I lived a couple blocks from a Dykstra family in Maplewood MN (suburb of St Paul). They had three girls who would be 75 -80 years old now. Grandma? Aunts? Not a common surname.

13 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

I lived a couple blocks from a Dykstra family in Maplewood MN (suburb of St Paul). They had three girls who would be 75 -80 years old now. Grandma? Aunts? Not a common surname.

Actually, it's a very common Dutch name, especially here in Michigan. Hence why we have a Holland, MI. If you drive through there you can count numerous "Dykstra _____" businesses. No relation though, most of our family stayed in Michigan or close to it. 

• Like 1