New Corporate Radio

THANKS GOD !!!! FINALLY !!!

next step - quckly redeisng CD3's and Edge/MKX and remove that horrid piece fo crap from those fine vehicles ....

I cannot tell you hos muc hI smirk wverytime I see the POS in good nre Ford models.

I have a small hope that the radios will actually become unique, the way Mazda does it, when the HU is actually standardized, but the controls are uniquely styled through model-specific front plate ... makes for much better looking interiors. and harly raises prices, as the biggest chunk - the HU itself is standard..

Igor

From this distance it doesn't look like much at all! Why get so excited? It does look more like the GM units, but it's also curved and most Ford dashes are flat and angular. I'm not sure how easily they can be swapped out for this. I imagine the new Focus will probably be designed with this headunit.

The new dash is fairly predictable and fits the Edge motif. It's nothing wonderful but it's not god awful like the Navigator.

Edited by Edgey

^^Actual the great integration makes me think Ford went with the mazda system - making unique faceplates for each application ....

the only way GM managed to have decent looking standard HU is by having all dashes look alike ....

Igor

Edited by igor

:runaway::runaway::runaway:

You have got to be kidding :baby:

No wonder Ford can't get anything right :banghead:

Nice Avatar, it looks like La Cosa Nostra il Pantera (Panther Mafia) has stuck again.

I sit and watch more and more "faceplates" get integrated into IPs everyday. The cash for this program is steadily dwindling, seems the Hurricane engine needs cash more than this. Oh well.

It also has the current NAVI stereo available too.

You wont believe the color options!!! Many many different color config's!!!

The display for the stereo is just under the test equipment up top.

Electronic steering assist is also on board.

Cool so we are finally getting mycolor for the radio too ;)

It also has the current NAVI stereo available too.

You wont believe the color options!!! Many many different color config's!!!

The display for the stereo is just under the test equipment up top.

you mean there is a display just above the vents?

you mean there is a display just above the vents?

Yes. Its for the radio. IIRC

Brings up an interesting point. I'll have to see if I can look at one with the navi radio again and see if the screen is still in its spot above the vent.

And yes, The dash while still tame, Is very nice (hint is the different color options!). Leaps and bounds better if you like the import looking controls. Its is a rather confusing layout. Ive played with it.

The outside (L+R sides) vents are so smooth when closed its "almost" as though they disappear.

Edited by wildosvt

Its is a rather confusing layout. Ive played with it.

Much Better!!! Can't wait to see this upgraded design in use across the lineup.

Great. Here I am thinking that Ford was going to resist the urge to 'dress things up' on the center stack by scattering displays and controls every which way.

Now they are (to imitate Honda and Nissan), and it's great?

Oh well, some of Ford's best years were when they had the 1-DIN head unit with 150 buttons on it, invisible tuning, and the worst reception of any radio with a transistor in it.

It looks like the center console is composed of seperate audio and climate control head units unified by a curved face-plate. That might explain why the display doesn't look flush with the trim.

It's hard to pass judgement from this photo but I'm not thrilled by the nooks and crannies of this design, it's very messy.

Edited by Edgey

Not a fan of universal headunits, but at least this one looks pretty good.

And it's a fine balance between "complex" and "interesting/visually attractive." The current headunit is easy to use, but ugly as sin. It takes too much away from the otherwise passable Fusion dash.

The whole Escape interior is pretty neat looking. A lot of Edge elements at play...a definite step up from the current Escape.

Scott