2012 Fusion Airbag indicator light on

Halcyon

Hi.

Fresh owner of a used Fusion. Got it from a single owner who bought it after lease was up with the company he was working for, and it was the car he drove for the company. 84000 highway miles, got a slammin' good deal on it, mostly because (I assume) the few little scrapes and dings ran other people off. There's no warranty on my vehicle, given that it's 2016 and the warranty info I saw said 60,000 miles.

Don't care. I like it. 6 speed auto. 4 cyl engine. 27.4 avg mpg so far (only ran about 600 miles since I did a master reset).

In any case, the airbag indicator light was on at the dealer. He said that was one thing that he was going to take care of. He had his guy give it a one over, and he reconnected the connectors and the light turned off.

I did the same thing.

Unplugged the battery. Waited 20 minutes. Held ignition on for another 30 seconds.
Disconnected plugs. Cleaned plugs. Reconnected plugs. Light is still on.

What are my other avenues before I go pay Ford $150 to spend 5 minutes looking at my car to tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

Edited by Halcyon

On the older models this was often caused by a weak but still functioning battery. Might not hurt to try replacing it. At least you know you won't have to worry about the battery for a few years, especially if it still has the OEM battery.

I'll go check the year on the battery. Hadn't thought of that.

edit

checked the battery.

It is an aftermarket NAPA battery. Assuming that that means that it is not the original battery. Also, the NAPA battery was not marked for year/month, so god only knows how old it is. Also assuming that the battery would be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty up to 60,000 miles says that the battery is <25k miles old, which begs the question of what else could it be?

The issue isn't pointing at the battery. I'll go get it checked of course, but I don't think that the battery is the culprit.

Edited by Halcyon