Production Week Scheduling Information

SCHEDULING NOTES:

• Escape OTD – Scheduling will resume on Thursday, June 18 for the production period.
  • Edge OTD Scheduling – Scheduling will resume on Thursday, June 25 for Week 29 allocation.
  • 2020MY EcoSport Balance Out – 20MY EcoSport has balanced out. 
  • 2021MY EcoSport Order Bank – Startup scheduling will begin on Thursday, June 11.  Retail scheduling will begin next Thursday, June 18. 
  • 20MY Super Duty Options Not Scheduling – Please be advised that the following Super Duty options will not be selected for scheduling until further notice:  TRLR TPMS/TRLR CAMR PREP PCK 1 (653), CUSTOMER TRILR CAMERA PREP PCK (65B), & CUSTOMER TRAILER TPMS PREP PCK (65A).  Once these options are available to schedule, we will update this information as soon as possible.
  • Mustang Performance Pkg #2 “Tremor Package” – Until further notice, Mustang orders with the Performance Pkg #2 “Tremor Pkg” (673) will not be selected for scheduling.

Can I ask a potentially silly question? The latest list shows Mustang production for 8/10/2020 and 8/24/2020....and shows these as the '20MY.

As far as I know, at least from what this article shows, Flat Rock will be down for a week from August 3rd for the Summer shutdown. Doesn't this usually coincide when the new model year switchover occurs? So my assumption (which is probably wrong!) is that '21MY production would start from August 10th. But that obviously doesn't fit with the dates above.

Any light you can shed would be appreciated, thank you!

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/ford-assembly-plants-trim-summer-shutdown-schedule-after-covid-19-closures/

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Can I ask a potentially silly question? The latest list shows Mustang production for 8/10/2020 and 8/24/2020....and shows these as the '20MY.

As far as I know, at least from what this article shows, Flat Rock will be down for a week from August 3rd for the Summer shutdown. Doesn't this usually coincide when the new model year switchover occurs? So my assumption (which is probably wrong!) is that '21MY production would start from August 10th. But that obviously doesn't fit with the dates above.

Any light you can shed would be appreciated, thank you!

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/ford-assembly-plants-trim-summer-shutdown-schedule-after-covid-19-closures/

No problem! The production week scheduling information comes from Ford's Scheduling Toolbox which is updated weekly. The Scheduling Toolbox shows that cleanup scheduling will be done the weeks of June 22nd and July 6th to finish scheduling allocation that doesn't schedule this Thursday due to commodity issues, etc. There is no vehicle scheduling the week of June 29th due to scheduled plant down time. 

The production timetable, including the model changeover information, is included in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is published on Friday's but usually not available until as late as Monday depending on what issues exist with Ford's IT department which does site maintenance from late Saturday night through late Sunday morning. The model changeover information has still not been released for a number of models including Mustang. In addition, the last allocation of the Model Year for any vehicle line always covers a two month period and Ford hasn't yet done the "Balance Out" wholesale for 2020MY Mustang allocation. 

As such, it appears that the model changeover and Job #1 Date for the 2021MY Mustang may not be until sometime in the Fall, most likely late October or November this year. As soon as the Mustang timetable is released I'll provide that information in the Mustang forum.   

I've just sent a note to our Ford Zone Manager to see if he has any information regarding the 2020 Mustang balance out schedule and/or an estimated Job #1 date for the 2021MY Mustang. In addition, I asked him about the timetable and/or Job #1 date for the 2021 Bronco Sport. I'll post an update if I'm able to learn anything. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Doesn't this usually coincide when the new model year switchover occurs?

It used to back in the days when cars looked noticeably different from year to year. These days it doesn't take that long to switch over unless it's an all new platform or something major like that. At my plant, there's not even a gap between one model year and another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twin Turbo said:

That's great info, thank you!

I can't recall a time when the new Mustang model year started production in the same calendar year. This makes the '20MY a very long one!

With such a late changeover, it has to be related to much more than the Covid-19 situation. It would be easy to assume it's related to the Mach 1 but for this much of a delay I'd think that there must be more going on with changes for the 2021MY Mustang. I'm not expecting much actually and will wait until we hear more in a few months. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Yes, I'd love to know if there are any changes to the rest of the '21MY Mustangs.......or if its just new colors plus the Mach 1 being added.

Thanks again, really appreciate your input :)

Paint changes don't affect timing at all and the Mach 1 could be easily a late production item. So who knows what's causing the late changeover? Time will tell!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

With such a late changeover, it has to be related to much more than the Covid-19 situation. It would be easy to assume it's related to the Mach 1 but for this much of a delay I'd think that there must be more going on with changes for the 2021MY Mustang. I'm not expecting much actually and will wait until we hear more in a few months. 

This. MY2020 will probably be a long one calendar wise because ford went 2 months without any plants running. If Mach 1 is based off of Bullitt like is being speculated around the internet then there is probably almost zero work that needs to be done from a tooling standpoint. 

2 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Yes, I'd love to know if there are any changes to the rest of the '21MY Mustangs.......or if its just new colors plus the Mach 1 being added.

Thanks again, really appreciate your input :)

This late in the product cycle I would expect MY2021 to have minimal changes. 

• Like 1

• ice-capades changed the title to Production Week Scheduling Information

NEW YORK REGION - SCHEDULING NOTES FOR THUSDAY 06/18/2020

Edge OTD SchedulingEdge retails only will be selected for scheduling this week.  Old Fitness OTD orders have been purged and new OTD Fitness orders have been released for the new production period.  The official dressing period is Monday, June 15 – Wednesday, June 24.  OTD Fitness Scheduling will resume on Thursday, June 25 for Week 29 allocation.

Escape OTD Scheduling – On Thursday, June 18, Escape orders for the production period will be scheduled for Week 32.  Please ensure your orders are dressed prior to Thursday’s commit.

2021MY EcoSport Order Bank – Startup 2021MY EcoSport scheduling will begin on Thursday, June 18.  Retail scheduling will begin next Thursday, June 25. 

Mustang Performance Pkg #2 “Tremor Package” – Only retail Mustang orders with the Performance Pkg #2 “Tremor Pkg” (673) will be selected for scheduling. 

Balance Out Information:

2020 MY F-150 Balance Out
Dearborn Truck Plant
– Final 2020 MY F-150 orders for the Dearborn Truck Plant are due on Thursday, June 25.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, June 25.
Kansas City Assembly Plant – Final 2020 MY F-150 order for the Kansas City Assembly Plant are due on Thursday, July 30.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, July 30.

NEW YORK REGION - SCHEDULING NOTES

• Explorer Scheduling - On Thursday, June 25, only retail Explorer orders will be eligible to schedule.
  • Mustang Scheduling - On Thursday, June 25, Mustang orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 20MY Super Duty Options Not Scheduling – Please be advised that the following Super Duty options will not be selected for scheduling until further notice:  TRLR TPMS/TRLR CAMR PREP PCK 1 (653), CUSTOMER TRILR CAMERA PREP PCK (65B), & CUSTOMER TRAILER TPMS PREP PCK (65A).  Once these options are available to schedule, we will update this information as soon as possible.

BALANCE OUT INFORMATION

2020 MY F-150 Balance Out

• Dearborn Truck PlantFinal 2020 MY F-150 orders for the Dearborn Truck Plant are due on Thursday, July 2.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, July 2.
  • Kansas City Assembly Plant – Final 2020 MY F-150 order for the Kansas City Assembly Plant are due on Thursday, July 30.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, July 30.

2020 MY Explorer Balance Out – Final 2020 MY Explorer orders are due on Thursday, July 16.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, July 16

Hope this is the correct thread to post....  I've had a VIN for about 3 weeks and one of the tracking sites says the status is scheduled to week.  Problem is, no one (not even the dealer) is able to tell me the production week.  Is this normal?