• Custom Search

jcartwright99

It's like they don't want YOU to change your cabin air filter!

Decide to change windshield wipers, air filter, and cabin air filter this weekend. I've had my Fusion a year and have put almost 20k on it. Wipers and air filter a snap. Cabin air filter...WTF were they thinking? Something that needs to be changed regularly shouldn't require that I yank the glove box out to get to it. Here, I thought my escape was bad. I am sure the system works as intended but it's sheer lunacy having to remove interior bits to get to it. Rant over!

The previous gen Fusion was so easy - drop down the glovebox, open the trap door. In and out in less than 2 minutes. Then they went to the European CD4 platform and it sucks. It was clearly not designed for owner access.

The previous gen Fusion was so easy - drop down the glovebox, open the trap door. In and out in less than 2 minutes.

Good to hear because I need to change it in our Milan.

I replaced my wife's cabin air filter in her Energi & it was something I don't feel like doing again anytime soon.  This car is not easy to work on, even the fusebox under the dash is a pita.

Thank the Europeans for that one (CD4 is based on the Euro Mondeo EUCD platform).  The old CD3 Fusion based on a Mazda platform was super easy.

Maybe I'm getting it confused with the Edge, but both were on the same CD3 platform so the point is the same.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 (early Fusion brother) had a cabin filter & was easy to replace.