Think Before You Buyout

robskimtp

Think before you buyout brothers& sisters. If you have a car trough ford credit they will take what you owe right out of your buyout check. Also anyone paying child support. Arrearage comes off the top and also you will have to pay your normal weekly amount even if you get a lower paying job. The FOC will say you volunteerly quit your job. And you also need to keep medical coverage on your children. So please think hard about your decision.

Think before you buyout brothers& sisters. If you have a car trough ford credit they will take what you owe right out of your buyout check. Also anyone paying child support. Arrearage comes off the top and also you will have to pay your normal weekly amount even if you get a lower paying job. The FOC will say you volunteerly quit your job. And you also need to keep medical coverage on your children. So please think hard about your decision.

No they dont, think before you make statements,they cannot take out what you owe on ford credit,dip shit you signed a contract for either five yrs or six, to make payments. FACT.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: The funniest part is you kinda sound sincere!

You really should check your facts, here is what they can take, PERIOD.

1. Any debt owed to the company, this only entails you being over-paid or having to pay back something like putting people on your insurance that do not belong.

2. An income withholding order, which is what they attack your taxes with. This includes child support also.

You also sound like keeping insurance on your children is something new. I was doing this before I worked at Ford, and I will keep on doing it when I receive my buyout check.

This is the beauty of BON...Any soul with a computer (confuser) can post, weather truth or dare! :doh:

AAP people will also be eligible for TRA / TAA money through the state of Georgia as well unless you take the retirement options. If your new job pays less than $50K a year you are eligible for $10K over a two year period. Works out to about $98 a week from TRA / TAA. AAP people on 10/27 or 10/30 make sure you go to your Department of Labor Career Center in your area and apply for everything they have to offer. EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A PROGRAM APPLY AND MAKE THEM DENY IT. Remember that people at prior plants that closed had to come pick their checks up since they will not be direct deposit unless this is changed with the new proposals.

They will take money out to pay off a TESPHE loan.

When I talked to the Fidelity people you have the option of them taking the money or you can continue to pay monthly with a coupon book. The other option is to change the loan(s) to a withdrawal of funds and then pay taxes and penalties on it. There will be a lot of questions about these buyouts. It could be worth your while to contact and talk to an attorney or CPA who is familiar or specializes in taxes and tax law beforehand. An INDEPENDANT certified financial planner who you pay by the hour is a good option as well.

You really should check your facts, here is what they can take, PERIOD.

1. Any debt owed to the company, this only entails you being over-paid or having to pay back something like putting people on your insurance that do not belong.

2. An income withholding order, which is what they attack your taxes with. This includes child support also.

You also sound like keeping insurance on your children is something new. I was doing this before I worked at Ford, and I will keep on doing it when I receive my buyout check.

Ok, let's take this question a little deeper...If you are currently paying child support taken out of your weekly check and take a buyout, Will they?

1. Take a lump sum from your buyout for arreage's?

2. Take a lump sum of the amount you still owe until they are 18?

3. Take the arreage's amount and you still pay on a weekly or monthly basis?

Anyone who has already had to deal with this experience would be helpful here.....

Ok, let's take this question a little deeper...If you are currently paying child support taken out of your weekly check and take a buyout, Will they?

1. Take a lump sum from your buyout for arreage's?

2. Take a lump sum of the amount you still owe until they are 18?

3. Take the arreage's amount and you still pay on a weekly or monthly basis?

Anyone who has already had to deal with this experience would be helpful here.....

I would think #3 is what would happen.

Any child support paid is the result of a court order therefore any changes to agreed

support requires a new court order.

Arrearages are different and your spouse would probably have to get a

separate court order for the specific amount of any arrearage owed.

One thing to watch out for, your ex going after attorney fees, this can add up VERY fast

at $200/hour for a good attorney, and THEY do have the power to attach any monies

you get and they can and will do it very fast !

All this is public knowledge and the judges and attorneys stick together, attorneys

almost always get whatever they are owed because its so easy for them to

have your employer just take it right out and they dont give a F**K about

any other bills on this.

Also in alot of states( it is this way in VA ) court ordered attorney fees are considered

spousal support and CANNOT be discharged or evaded....its a big racket set up against

the man in the divorce.

Be forwarned, you have this nice big fat juicy lump sum coming in, they are going to try

to suck you dry and try to take whatever they can !

No they dont, think before you make statements,they cannot take out what you owe on ford credit,dip shit you signed a contract for either five yrs or six, to make payments. FACT.

Sorry Guys Just thought I was helping with some what if's. Maybe something to check on before you take a buyout that's all I intended to do. About child support , Talked to attorney , said FOC will say you quit your job and you get no reduction. Just passing on what I was told. and Ford credit / Know someone at GM and that happened to them. Sorry , just thought i was Helping. Don't want to see any brothers and sister's get screwed.

I say let the stupid people take their buyout. Once they realize what they actually are getting it will be too late. Do we really want these people staying around any longer than they have to?

:titanic:

Amen Brother, Thought I was helping . Apparently I sound like company because I raised a few question's?

Sorry Guys Just thought I was helping with some what if's. Maybe something to check on before you take a buyout that's all I intended to do. About child support , Talked to attorney , said FOC will say you quit your job and you get no reduction. Just passing on what I was told. and Ford credit / Know someone at GM and that happened to them. Sorry , just thought i was Helping. Don't want to see any brothers and sister's get screwed.

Make sure you dont hire that attorney! I deal with a deadbeat mom that changes jobs every other month and constantly gets it reduced.