OPTION POLL

Pipefitter

Buy Out? Transfer? Dont Know?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one, then list the plant you are from

• Buy Out?
    • Transfer?
    • Don't know yet?

indy meeting was this morning...went over buyout packages...talked about plant stability((SUUUUCKS))we will not be bought and will , in my opion, be closed in a few years...i'm flowing back to a Ford plant on the first river out of town...flow back will be based on people taking buyouts and retirment packages, minus what Ford wants to slim down there production people to anyway...any gen people have first option, we were told that could be a small number considering they ((most gen)) have already had some offers and most are not moving... to all you folks with 30+ years, get the heck out so i'll have a place to flow back to...they said flowbacks will start in Jan., Feb., and March, with packages for you to pick zone choices in 3-4 weeks...goodluck to all of you with whatever path you choose

I hope you can answer this question??

Can we only pick in zone / out of zone

or can we pick the zone??

:doh:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shrug:

At least you hava an idea OF YOUR FUTURE.....WE HAVE HEARD N-O-T-H-I-N-G HERE AT WAYNE ASSY...NOT A DAMN THING, OUR "UNION?" REPS DON'T KNOW THEIR :censored: FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND.!!

If anyone has reliable info reguarding WAYNE ISA, WAYNE TRUCK, OR WAYNE ASSY..... Please shoot a line or 2...

Choose one option in the poll

List the plant you are from

How old you are

How many yrs service you have

Trade (what Trade) or Production

I hope to be able to transfer. That option isn't looking to good for Trades from what I'm hearing.

Anyone hearing different on the possibility of all Trades / Production being able to tranfer that wish to?

I'm at the Sandusky ACH

48 yrs old

Six yrs service

Obviously I'm a Pipefitter

KCAP

16 yrs

Tinner

Riding the storm out

ESTEP Retirement Buyout

Atlanta Assembly - plant closing

30 years senority

49 years old

Millwright / TPM Coordinator

Have an interview Monday with Miller Brewery in North Carolina and have a couple of other job leads. Plans are to go back to school for an accounting degree if job search fails to produce anything worthwhile.

:happy feet:

ESTEP Retirement Buyout

Atlanta Assembly - plant closing

30 years senority

49 years old

Millwright / TPM Coordinator

Have an interview Monday with Miller Brewery in North Carolina and have a couple of other job leads. Plans are to go back to school for an accounting degree if job search fails to produce anything worthwhile.

:happy feet:

Taste tester in Quality Control???????

As far as my seniority as a Pipefitter, that's what I'm "concerned" about. Even with the amount of possible buyouts to be taken I'm thinking transfer for trades is going to be pretty difficult???? Any other thoutghs on this? I sincerely hope we get some information on the possibility of transfering before the damn buyout time slot is closed??????

Ktp1989

What are you basing your statement on?

We have pipefitter apprentices at CAP that just topped out, have some oldtimers with 40 plus that are leaving with the buyout, but the way they are running projects here you can see the handwriting on the wall. They want outside contractors even though it's more cost effective to do it in house.

I have 37 years at CAP. 20 in production, 17 in the millwright trade. I'm 55 years old and still in debt for various reasons. I'm a little too old to change careers if I don't have to and CAP is staying open. I need the benefits mainly for my wife. If I was at a plant that was closing I would be gone with the measly $35,000 that they are offering us. 30 hours from my bachelors but still a tough job market out there.

Postscript!!!

After more investigation, I've decided it's time to move on. There are other business opportunities available to me and I'll never get out of debt working for Ford. Although our plant hasn't negotiated the work rule changes (i.e. The Rouge), I anticipate 4 -10 hr. shifts for production and 5 - 8 hr. shifts for the trades. During our 3 week shutdown beginning 10-16, we are reducing line speeds from 68jph to 50 jph.

Edited by Xerxes12

• 2 weeks later...
50/50 on leaving....

Work @ Wayne Stamping....

19 years seniority

Been on 7 days for almost 3 months....

But.....

That can all change real fast....

With 2 plants left to close....(why they did not announce these 2 is beyond me)

Really considering leaving...

15yrs at OHAP

line worker (sub assembler)

staying put. Riding the storm out.

• 2 weeks later...

Will buy Fords or something they own as long as they stay in business.

Why?

1. Because on A-plan, if you buy one of their vehicles that are hot, you can't get a better deal.

2. I want to help support my own retirement and the company that supplies it.

3. I support those I leave behind that I have known for years.

4. I won't support any foreign company for sure. Our people need jobs.....good jobs........and for those who have complained about everyone buying foreign autos, time to put your money where your mouth is!

50/50 on leaving....

Work @ Wayne Stamping....

19 years seniority

Been on 7 days for almost 3 months....

But.....

That can all change real fast....

With 2 plants left to close....(why they did not announce these 2 is beyond me)

Really considering leaving...

48 years old, production at AAI and not really sure how much seniority I have, I have been working under the Ford Agreement for just under ten years, but some of my (not all) union tells me I have 20, so maybe you all could tell me how much time I have. There are a lot of us original AAI workers that have questions that no body can answer. From what I am hearing around the plant not too many people at AAI are taking the buyouts (because we are building the Mustang and potential for OT is greater). Somewhere around 175 so far and we are 600 over roll as it is. So if we don't get at least 400 or so to take buyouts they will probably lay off the rest and bring in tmps to fill in, in the summer.

Edited by Fordemployee189

48 years old, production at AAI and not really sure how much seniority I have, I have been working under the Ford Agreement for just under ten years, but some of my (not all) union tells me I have 20, so maybe you all could tell me how much time I have. There are a lot of us original AAI workers that have questions that no body can answer. From what I am hearing around the plant not too many people at AAI are taking the buyouts (because we are building the Mustang and potential for OT is greater). Somewhere around 175 so far and we are 600 over roll as it is. So if we don't get at least 400 or so to take buyouts they will probably lay off the rest and bring in tmps to fill in, in the summer.

Asf Friday the number of buyouts was 290

• 2 weeks later...
1.75 years @ Sandusky ACH. I got nothin to lose at this point! Thought about a transfer but with my seniority i don't have a chance in hell anyway! I'm ridin' it till the wheels fall off!

I HAVE 6 YEARS AT KCAP, IM TAKING THE BUYOUT...KC COULD BE SAFE AND COULD NOT, NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES....JUST MY THOUGHT