• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Twin Turbo

Sync 4 is on its way....

Thanks, jasonj80 for explaining. I also read that even more than the faster speed the greatest difference (for better or ill) with 5G will be device to device connectivity, and I can see that this would also take time to implement. 

On 10/30/2019 at 11:26 AM, Gurgeh said:

Coming out Real Soon Now, just as G5 networks are rolling out nationwide, I wonder if Sync 4 will have G5 compatibility? ...and wonder which vehicles get it first? My guess, the Mach-E (with a big screen) at the very least.

I highly doubt it, do any phones currently support it? These systems automakers use seem out of date by the time they release, there's no way they're rocking tomorrows tech.

I imagine the focus is more on basic functionality and reliability versus being 1st to the greatest new thing, and that's probably the right way to go if you can't guarantee a bug-free software experience in something important like a moving vehicle. 

Edited by probowler

On 2/7/2020 at 2:42 AM, probowler said:

I imagine the focus is more on basic functionality and reliability versus being 1st to the greatest new thing, and that's probably the right way to go if you can't guarantee a bug-free software experience in something important like a moving vehicle. 

Haven't done that yet. Why start now?