Diesel option F150

rrenneka

Does anyone know if the diesel engine is still available for 2020 F150's? On the A-plan website the engine is not an option when you do a "build it yourself". All of the other engines are available. In addition, I cant find ANY 2020 F150 pickups with the diesel engine at any dealerships. I'm thinking there is possibly a production problem or the company is abandoning it as an option.

Hi HotRunrGuy,

Yeah, I've seen a few 19's still around as well. I have been asked a lot about the '20s and I was worried that they may be discontinuing them. I've got a 2019 that I absolutely LOVE.  I've owned lots of new vehicles over the years but this one is by far the best new truck I have ever had. Came out of the Dearborn Truck Plant. Great job guys!

My opinion is that they should have allowed the diesel option on all models from the start. I'm not sure what the reasoning was about only allowing the diesel option on Lariats and above. At least now you can get a XLT with one. Maybe it was an availability thing. But, I kind of think that if they offered it on a stripped down XL, they would sell really well. Now, even an XLT with the diesel is near 60K. That's just getting out of peoples price range. They will go for the Superduty instead. Just my thought.