2021 Mustang Production & Scheduling Information

ice-capades

@cobra9498 Yes, I will be ordering one. I put a deposit down a little over 2 months ago with a dealer to hold a spot (MSRP, priority 10). It was a gamble since they didn’t know allocation numbers, but based on their GT350R allocations it should be fine. I’ll be getting the handling and appearance packages.

47 minutes ago, JoeG76 said:

@cobra9498 Yes, I will be ordering one. I put a deposit down a little over 2 months ago with a dealer to hold a spot (MSRP, priority 10). It was a gamble since they didn’t know allocation numbers, but based on their GT350R allocations it should be fine. I’ll be getting the handling and appearance packages.

Very cool.  Well, no, even now dealers do not know their allocations.  That will come after dealers put in their requests.  But, you going in so

early...lucky to find a dealer that would let you do that.....and I'm #1 on my dealer's list for one, we have no problem with me getting the one

I order.  Interesting side note.  I was talking to my Inv. Mgr. today, and he said that Ford "threw another GT500 at them" they never ordered.

They already have "an extra on the way"....and now another one.  Reason....500's are backing up...sales are slowing, I think due to dealers

marking them up so high.  They are also the Regions #1 seller of Mustangs based on the % of Mustangs sold vs their total veh. sales.  And

they are now a recent Roush Auth. dealer. No cars yet.  They also have the last of the Bullitt's on the way.  They'll have to sell it below MSRP

for sure, and they know that.  Had to on their previous Bullitt sold.  Interest faded this year. 

I don't understand, yet, about the issue with ordering a "Hand. Pkg" car.  Word is can't do that yet.  ????  Maybe we'll know more about that

tomorrow.  I'm ordering a base in FJG with App. Pkg. and auto trans.  I will load it up and change the wheels/tires to my liking.    

Yes, I got lucky with this dealer. It’s my first purchase thru them and they have been great so far. Little things I’ve requested, such as not installing the front license plate, or installing my data-logger as soon as it comes off the truck (I’m making a “break-in” and “joy-ride detection” modes for it) have not been an issue at all. The dealership that I bought my first mustang from, that I now live around the corner from, was asking $25k ADM in August. I called over the weekend, just to see if it went down, and they’re at $30k ADM now.

Good luck with yours. From everything I’ve read, it should be a great car no matter how you option it up.

38 minutes ago, JoeG76 said:

Yes, I got lucky with this dealer. It’s my first purchase thru them and they have been great so far. Little things I’ve requested, such as not installing the front license plate, or installing my data-logger as soon as it comes off the truck (I’m making a “break-in” and “joy-ride detection” modes for it) have not been an issue at all. The dealership that I bought my first mustang from, that I now live around the corner from, was asking $25k ADM in August. I called over the weekend, just to see if it went down, and they’re at $30k ADM now.

Good luck with yours. From everything I’ve read, it should be a great car no matter how you option it up.

Nice.  I buy a lot of new cars, and have est. great relations with GM's.  They all learn my likes, wants, dislikes, etc.  They never install

lic. plate brackets without asking me first.  They know not to install anything unless asking me first and IF I want it or not.  No dealer adv.

other than what's on their lic. plate frames...which I don't mind keeping on until I get my reg. then install my plates with my special plate

frames from Weather Tech.  

I am kinda stunned at your one dealer asking that much over!!  They are crazy...beyond crazy.  That's 1/2 to more than 1/2 of the MSRP.

I hate dealers that do that.  And, people are really nuts to pay it....unless, I guess they are so rich that they don't care.  I won't even pay $100 

over MSRP!  So far I've never paid MSRP for any vehicle.  Even when the first Cobra Mustang in the new body, 1994 came out....in So. Cal. 

dealers wanted MSRP, and I wouldn't pay it.  Too many dealers to shop around for a deal you can get.  I paid $500 under for that one, and had

dealers calling me later trying to sell me the same car they wouldn't sell below MSRP earlier in the day.  But, again, so many dealers close 

to each other it was fun and easy to price shop.  

But, where I'm at now....the way to get "deals" is to be a frequent buyer and establish a relationship with a dealer you like.  I buy new Acuras at 

least every 2 yrs.....that GM and other Mgrs know me well, and it's just so easy now to buy from them.  I do it via phone, email and drive there

to pick it up.  No mess, no fuss.  My wife and I get treated very well there.  Same at my Ford dealer.  I haven't approached my GM with the possibility

of paying under MSRP some....LOL!.....but, I know the most I'll have to pay is MSRP.  Would be my first time.  Ouch!!  LOL!!  And, any accessories I want

I always get 20% off and other favors if I ask. 

I still have to figure out what wheels I want, since I don't like the base car wheels.  I do like the HP wheels, but, buying them over the Parts counter would

cost a mint.  I know...I've tried that before!   I don't like them that much!!

Let me know how it goes tomorrow for you.  Take care! 

The 2021 Mustang Order Guide has been uploaded to the Dealer Order Guides section. 

• Note: The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is not open yet as the 2021 Mustang specifications have not yet been loaded into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. I addition, the 2021 Mustang Price List has not yet been released. 
Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The 2021 Mustang Order Guide has been uploaded to the Dealer Order Guides section. 

• Note: The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is not open yet as the 2021 Mustang specifications have not yet been loaded into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. I addition, the 2021 Mustang Price List has not yet been released. 

Yes, thank you.  I had it first thing.  Base price is:  $52,195 to include delivery.  But, I've seen another # close.  This one the media outlets,

incl. The Detroit Free Press has this.  More than I expected.  The Hand. Package is NOT priced yet.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Sample MSRP pricing for 2021 Mustang Mach 1. 

2021 Mustang Mach 1_Preview_MSRP_Redacted.pdf

I'm holding in my hand the very same, almost, Order Summary for the Mach I built.  $51,720 is what I have plus the Delivery equals: $52915.  I was off when

I wrote earlier $52,195.  Had the right last 3 digits..just in the wrong order!  LOL!  My build with all options came to:  $59,390.  Take off the auto trans saves 

you $1595.  But, I like the 10 spd.  FJG w/App. Pkg is $1K.  It's just I thought a few days ago it might come out to around $55K approx.  I think we all did.

I’ve come up with $56,805 plus the handling package cost. I took ice-capades pricing then removed the red calipers ($495), navigation ($595) and 10-speed trans ($1595), and added the accent package ($1000). Just waiting on the handling package now ?

Ford has released the 2021 Mustang Price List which is showing a $1,000 Gas Guzzler Tax on the Mach 1 which isn't being included in the WBDO ordering system yet. WBDO is also not including the $395 Full Vehicle Cover option. The price for the late availability Handling Package is not included in either the ordering guide or the price list but is expected to be available "Spring 2021". 

13 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford has released the 2021 Mustang Price List which is showing a $1,000 Gas Guzzler Tax on the Mach 1 which isn't being included in the WBDO ordering system yet. WBDO is also not including the $395 Full Vehicle Cover option. The price for the late availability Handling Package is not included in either the ordering guide or the price list but is expected to be available "Spring 2021". 

What...seriously...$1K Gas Guzzler??  The Bullitt didn't have that, or did it?

1 minute ago, ice-capades said:

I just checked the 2020 Mustang Price List. The Bullitt does have a $1,000 Gas Guzzler Tax. 

1 minute ago, ice-capades said:

I just checked the 2020 Mustang Price List. The Bullitt does have a $1,000 Gas Guzzler Tax. 

So, definitely, the Mach 1 will have that also??  If so, I'm out.  Done.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Are you able to post or provide a link to the Price List?  

12 hours ago, cobra9498 said:

Are you able to post or provide a link to the Price List?  

I do not provide price lists or links as the price lists contain invoice pricing which I will not disclose. You'll have to get that information from your Dealer or another source. 

Edited by ice-capades
grammer