Jump to content

None






Fox Lake Gal

Lincoln Buy Back Navigator

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Black Label said:

Yep. I fly Airbus A320 aircraft and flew private jets. All built the same but all buggy in their own ways. 

Do you report those "bugs"? I hope you do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Do you report those "bugs"? I hope you do!

Absolutely. Just pointing out as vehicles and anything else become more computerized, they are all susceptible to issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't heard from Fordtech1 in a while.  That guy is awesome! 

I can't speak for him, but I know if anyone, he is the person on this forum that may have the real answer to this nagging liftgate problem, not just speculation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you are continuing to have issues. The system seems like it is simple to the end user, but in reality it is quite complex. 2 linear actuators, multiple pinch strips, latch assembly, multiple open/close input paths. This is not made easier on the technician or the FSE by Ford's migration to FDRS for diagnostics.

I'm gonna assume TSB 19-2193 has been performed? What "sensor" did they replace? Pinch strips? Drive motor assemblies? Latch? Gotta be honest, it probably IS a software bug so replacing parts to correct a software issue most likely will not help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, YT90SC said:

Sorry you are continuing to have issues. The system seems like it is simple to the end user, but in reality it is quite complex. 2 linear actuators, multiple pinch strips, latch assembly, multiple open/close input paths. This is not made easier on the technician or the FSE by Ford's migration to FDRS for diagnostics.

I'm gonna assume TSB 19-2193 has been performed? What "sensor" did they replace? Pinch strips? Drive motor assemblies? Latch? Gotta be honest, it probably IS a software bug so replacing parts to correct a software issue most likely will not help. 

Good info. Could the hands free sensor, sorry I don't know the technical terms for it, that you use when you kick under the bumper be causing this issue somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Black Label said:

Good info. Could the hands free sensor, sorry I don't know the technical terms for it, that you use when you kick under the bumper be causing this issue somehow?

It really shouldn't. With weird gremlins, I've learned to never use the word "can't". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 8:15 AM, YT90SC said:

It really shouldn't. With weird gremlins, I've learned to never use the word "can't". 

Gotcha. Yes. I figure there is always at least a slim possibility of something like that even though it shouldn't be a factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issues occur whether or not Fob is in or out .... stand by -- the saga appears to be continuing ...ugh!!!

I don't know which parts by specific type have been changed .... I only recall two sensors, type(s) unknown and  they did try disabling the "glide my foot under the truck function" to see if that helped or resolved -- unfortunately, it made no difference...

Have a great rest of the week!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×