More 2008 Super Duty Pics

range

A very good look, in my opinion. Looks tough and sturdy as it should. I think it is a definite improvement over the previous truck. It should do well if the overall future economy supports large pickup sales in general. Looks better than the competition to me.

Ok, I see a new grille, headlights, vents in the fenders and a new tailgate. The rest of the body looks like a complete carry-over from 1999-2007. The cab, doors, bed etc look the same in the photos to me or am I missing something. I was expecting a completely new truck like the difference between the old 2003 F-150 vs the 2004 (p96 vs p221) The new Super Duty looks like a major refresh on a 9-year old body.

The new interior is great though, well done!

I think the level of refresh is fine since a completely new SuperDuty will be here in another 2 years. This will do. I think the design still looks better than the competition.

Looking at all the new features, I must say "NICE", particularly to the "fast heat", electronic traction control and GPS options.

Question;

What happend to the;

-- dual fuel tanks

-- air suspension

-- 4X4 IFS option on the F350

options that were supposed to happen in 2008???

OH, and about the lowered headlamp setup, I take it nobody plans to

use the new SD with a snow plow??? I see the headlights blocked

by a rasied plow blade when running down the road :doh:

That's what lightbars are for. Or add-on lights that mount in the front, above the blade.

If you're plowing, you would know how to get light to the front. Surprised you don't wonder how drivers with blades manage to see through the plows when they're raised and cry out for see-through blades.

Looking at all the new features, I must say "NICE", particularly to the "fast heat", electronic traction control and GPS options.

Question;

What happend to the;

-- dual fuel tanks

-- air suspension

-- 4X4 IFS option on the F350

options that were supposed to happen in 2008???

SysEng, You have to have auxilliary lights with a plow since the blade will cover the standard lights on any truck when it is in the up position for on the road travel. :doh:

The light placement isn't that different anyway, 6-8" at best. Eventually all truck manufacturers will have to follow suit with upcoming regs. Ford is just ahead of the curve.

Personally I like the new look. It did grow on me after seeing more pictures.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

That's what lightbars are for. Or add-on lights that mount in the front, above the blade.

If you're plowing, you would know how to get light to the front. Surprised you don't wonder how drivers with blades manage to see through the plows when they're raised and cry out for see-through blades.

Ah yes, added expense! ;) OTOH, most of the light bars I see seem aimed where ever :runaway: .

And I've driven in a late model Silverado/DuraMAx with the blade up ( 'natch ) and using the trucks headlamps. So, Not sure how they do things where you are, :shrug: but around here, light bars are for plowing and headlamps are still for driving... even on SDs.

The light placement isn't that different anyway, 6-8" at best. Eventually all truck manufacturers will have to follow suit with upcoming regs. Ford is just ahead of the curve.

If your using ( high mounted ) light bars to drive, it kind of obviates the point of both the "regs" and lowering the headlamps don't you think?

If your using ( high mounted ) light bars to drive, it kind of obviates the point of both the "regs" and lowering the headlamps don't you think?

Yes.

Because the regs should not impact the position of the headlights on the 2.5 million fullsize trucks sold every year, which are driven 365 nights a year.

The regs should be left as-is, for the purpose of preventing Silverado and Sierra owners from relying on the headlights on their plow blades, those nights during the winter when it actually snows.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't hold your breath on a complete redesign in the near future. remember, ford's full size trucks didn't change much from 1980 to 1997. but i sure hope that new grille gets tossed for '09. the 05-07's looked too good, I guess.

True, but the F150 has seen three completely different generations in the last ten years - old square model ending in 1996, curvy round model from 1997-2003, and now current model 2004+. Ford is refreshening the light-duty F-Series often to keep up with the finicky personal-use buyer, and keeping the SuperDuty on a longer cycle because the heavy-duty user is much more interested in what's going on under the sheetmetal than on the outside. Seems to be working so far, but I agree the SuperDuty could use a true redesign in the near future.

• 1 month later...

The upside to it not being a complete redesing is that atleast some of the existing aftermarket parts should work (cab lights, visors, etc), and others will just need a bit of an alteration which should get them out on the market faster. I think the grill is a trim level thing, but either way that is one of the easier pieces to swap out.

Don't hold your breath on a complete redesign in the near future. remember, ford's full size trucks didn't change much from 1980 to 1997. but i sure hope that new grille gets tossed for '09. the 05-07's looked too good, I guess.

As for a complete redesign, from what we are hearing in the plant, Ford is investing over $1 Billion into a new Super Duty for the 2010 model year, so they apparently have no plans to give the competition a chance to even catch up.

As for a complete redesign, from what we are hearing in the plant, Ford is investing over $1 Billion into a new Super Duty for the 2010 model year, so they apparently have no plans to give the competition a chance to even catch up.

As someone that's managed the new vehicle inventory for a Ford store in CT for twenty years, I'll look forward to an all-new Super Duty line! Ford's touting the 2008 F-250+ models as all new but they look like last year's model with an F-150 style interior. Big deal!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I see what to do with those new headlight/parking light mess; go to downtown Louisville for a Slugger !!! They can't be serious and think that ugly mess is going to increase sales! Hope it doesn't stay more than 6 months or SD sales will fall faster Ford ever thought they could.

Edited by Roadsider