Ultimate vs Value package

The widge

2 hours ago, pig9r said:

I compare it to SD vs HD TV when going between halogens and factory LEDs.

In terms of brightness, yes, but not actual visibility on most US vehicles.   Now some euro vehicles have more sophisticated systems that adjust light to driving conditions.

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

In terms of brightness, yes, but not actual visibility on most US vehicles.   Now some euro vehicles have more sophisticated systems that adjust light to driving conditions.

I think that you are correct about that. 

I just sold a Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter and it had the Xenon headlights. 

Im in the Rocky Mountains and we have a ton of open space. Big valleys between big mountains.

Driving at night with unlimited horizon, I have never seen headlights like that. I want to say the went 5 miles.

I never got flashed with my low beams on.

Now, I compare everything to those. Those Xenon lights were AMAZING !

LED is a "whiter" light but does not project ever close to the Xenon.

I may have to do the Xenon on my F350. 

I dont even know if they are available but definitely another level beyond LED.

Edited by Cold Snak

5 hours ago, akirby said:

I just drive home tonight with my f150 halogens.  Not sure how I made it home without crashing.

LEDs are brighter so they give the illusion of better visibility but in most cases they’re not letting you see further down the road.

I’m not sure how you did either.

I know what I see and it sure as heck isn’t an illusion.

You have an odd habit of defending Ford at all cost.  I’m a huge Ford fan but definitely will call them out when needed.  If you recall, I didn’t say Ford should give the LEDs away, only to make it a standalone option. Nobody said you had to love LEDs.  

Edited by tbone

I admit it is sad that on a Lariat to get LED headlights you have to spend $4300 on the black appearance package or $3400 on the Ultimate package plus an additional $1200 for the LED headlight option.  On the King Ranch it’s included in the Ultimate package or available as a $1200 stand alone option. 

7 hours ago, tbone said:

I’m not sure how you did either.

I know what I see and it sure as heck isn’t an illusion.

You have an odd habit of defending Ford at all cost.  I’m a huge Ford fan but definitely will call them out when needed.  If you recall, I didn’t say Ford should give the LEDs away, only to make it a standalone option. Nobody said you had to love LEDs.  

I don’t have a problem with them and making them a standalone option would be great.

I was objecting to the notion that they’re inherently safer and therefore should be standard equipment.

I also understand why Ford bundles them in more expensive packages.  On our MKX they were part of the $4k luxury package with the top end Revel stereo.  Nice to have but not worth the upgrade over the HIDs and base Revel.

You can choose F350 KR with Tremor package, skip the ultimate option, choose the 1100 LED's and have everything VS Lariat with ultimate and black appearance, its almost the same cost.

I wanted to do this, but wife was not a fan of the KR burnt orange interior?

So I just ordered the '21 ultimate Lariat, f350 Tremor  6.7 with all options except moonroof, acc, black appearance, I personally feel this is the best compromise and still getting a awesome badd azz truck

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stengines1 said:

Went with the Ultimate. I wanted LED headlights. Told that is only way to get 

Just for clarification the ultimate package doesn’t get you LEDs, you still have to order and pay$$ for the option.

On 2/6/2021 at 9:33 PM, The widge said:

Thoughts vs the 2 options, ultimate vs value package, is it worth about $2500 more. Just asking cause me ECO may expire before my truck w ultimate package is built and I’ve found a few on lots that are same as my build minus this one option. Seems like power passenger seat, push button start are the main two differences, both have heated and cooled seats

My 2 cents worth is these trucks are expensive, If there's an options that you really want or need then wait, order it, find it and get what you want because in the end you will always want it or wonder what if I had that option. Get or build the truck you want because most likely you will have it for a while. If your the person that changes rigs every couple years then it's not as important. For example I don't want or need a moonroof and try and find one without these days. It works both ways, stuff you want or don't, I would be mad as hell if I went ahead and got a rig with the moonroof and then had all the road noise, heat and issues that can come with this option.

• 3 weeks later...