Snow Plow Prep Package vs. Heavy Service Front Suspension Package

I'm in the final step of confirming my 2022 Super Duty Order, and I am hung up what to order for front springs. I will be mounting my Fisher SS 8 1/2' Extreme V Plow on the truck , so obviously I will need to upgrade the front springs. As a side fact, I am also ordering the optional dual battery with the required 397 Amp Alternator. The $250 Snow Plow Prep Package includes computer selected springs for snowplow application and a 240 Amp Alternator , and the $125 Heavy Service Front Suspension Package includes a 1 upgrade above the spring that has been computer selected based on other selected options. 

My Logic is telling me I should just get the HSFS package, which is half the cost,  and upgrades my springs. The dual battery and 397 Amp Alternator are a better upgrade than the alternator the SPP package includes anyway. I have no idea , based from Ford's description of the Springs , what the actual difference is for the springs they are installing in each package.  Does anybody know for a fact that the Snowplow package is definitely the direction I should go, and to stop worrying about being charged twice as much for 1/2 the equipment I need? In the scope of the total price of the truck , the $ difference is insignificant. I'm unfortunately , someone who gets hung up on principle. 

Thank You in Advance !  This Forum has been incredibly helpful so far.

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2021 at 4:07 PM, Teddy Bear said:

I'm in the final step of confirming my 2022 Super Duty Order, and I am hung up what to order for front springs. I will be mounting my Fisher SS 8 1/2' Extreme V Plow on the truck , so obviously I will need to upgrade the front springs. As a side fact, I am also ordering the optional dual battery with the required 397 Amp Alternator. The $250 Snow Plow Prep Package includes computer selected springs for snowplow application and a 240 Amp Alternator , and the $125 Heavy Service Front Suspension Package includes a 1 upgrade above the spring that has been computer selected based on other selected options. 

My Logic is telling me I should just get the HSFS package, which is half the cost,  and upgrades my springs. The dual battery and 397 Amp Alternator are a better upgrade than the alternator the SPP package includes anyway. I have no idea , based from Ford's description of the Springs , what the actual difference is for the springs they are installing in each package.  Does anybody know for a fact that the Snowplow package is definitely the direction I should go, and to stop worrying about being charged twice as much for 1/2 the equipment I need? In the scope of the total price of the truck , the $ difference is insignificant. I'm unfortunately , someone who gets hung up on principle. 

Thank You in Advance !  This Forum has been incredibly helpful so far.

Just as an update, I ordered the truck with the snowplow package and dual batteries. My 8.5 Fisher V worked out just fine and was easy to install , as the ford factory harness seemed to be designed to accept the Fisher harness , requiring no splicing whatsoever , as had been the case in my previous F250's . 

4 hours ago, Teddy Bear said:

Just as an update, I ordered the truck with the snowplow package and dual batteries. My 8.5 Fisher V worked out just fine and was easy to install , as the ford factory harness seemed to be designed to accept the Fisher harness , requiring no splicing whatsoever , as had been the case in my previous F250's . 

You made the right decision! I always recommend the Snow Plow Prep option as it's designed specifically for that application and agree that the order guide and pricing can be misleading as to which option to choose. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

I didn't even see the front end dip when you lifted the plow at the end!  I have the Snow Plow Prep as well, but just got the truck 2 weeks ago so no snow here to move :)

Im telling you, this truck is a BEAST! ! ! ! ! ! by far the best plow truck / towing truck I have ever driven... and I've been trucks since "78"