jdpezold

Placed Fleet Order - Was told not to expect a VIN for a few months. Is this normal?

The order was actually placed May 28th (deposit check finally cleared this week).

Looking at some order trackers, I'm seeing people getting VINs pretty quickly. Is this VIN assignment process different/slower with fleet orders?

45 minutes ago, jdpezold said:

The order was actually placed May 28th (deposit check finally cleared this week).

Looking at some order trackers, I'm seeing people getting VINs pretty quickly. Is this VIN assignment process different/slower with fleet orders?

Fleet scheduling is a totally separate process.

58 minutes ago, jdpezold said:

As akirby stated, the Fleet ordering scheduling process is a totally separate process. The OTD (Order to Delivery) process is substantially longer and has nothing to do with allocation or the scheduling process for stock or retail orders. 

Thanks guys!

I did a fleet order for a Lincoln Navigator...ordered in January...arrived late May...

20210519_123727.jpg

My fleet order was placed in January. Got a vin, production date of 4/12 and window sticker. Since Explorer plant shut down on 4/12 I still haven’t gotten a updated build date or eta delivery. 

Why did you do fleet order? Or did they do this without you knowing?

11 hours ago, LariatGuy500 said:

Why did you do fleet order? Or did they do this without you knowing?

Fleet orders can only be placed with a valid FORD FIN (Fleet Identification Number) and have a substantially longer OTD (Order to Delivery) timeline. The entire fleet process is different.

Is the Fleet order different than going to a dealer and ordering a truck?

38 minutes ago, frenchs_33 said:

Is the Fleet order different than going to a dealer and ordering a truck?

The Fleet ordering and scheduling process is different from that for Retail and Stock orders and the OTD (Order to Delivery) timeline is much longer. In addition, Fleet orders can only be submitted with a valid Ford FIN (Fleet Identification Number).