Ordering confusion

SevenT

I thought I was allowed to change my order at anytime up until I had a VIN assigned.  Based on that knowledge, I changed from Black Diamond to Badlands in May.  After the Webasto fiasco at the end of May, I switched again to a Badlands 4 door with soft top.  Called the Customer Care number [800-334-4375] to ask what the system shows for my order.  Was told it is a 2 door Black Diamond.  That is not what was input into WBDO by my dealer.  Where is the disconnect?  This is why I do not have a VIN and build date.  How do I resolve the disconnect between WBDO and what is reflected on Ford.com?  Talking on the phone went in circles.  Rant over.

1 hour ago, SevenT said:

I thought I was allowed to change my order at anytime up until I had a VIN assigned.  Based on that knowledge, I changed from Black Diamond to Badlands in May.  After the Webasto fiasco at the end of May, I switched again to a Badlands 4 door with soft top.  Called the Customer Care number [800-334-4375] to ask what the system shows for my order.  Was told it is a 2 door Black Diamond.  That is not what was input into WBDO by my dealer.  Where is the disconnect?  This is why I do not have a VIN and build date.  How do I resolve the disconnect between WBDO and what is reflected on Ford.com?  Talking on the phone went in circles.  Rant over.

The disconnect is with your dealer.  Your dealer controls what they order.  I suggest you go talk to your dealer (in person if possible) and sort it out.

In case that wasn’t clear - GO SEE YOUR DEALER!

• Like 1

I have the DORA to show what went into WBDO.  That does not mean that it got all the way up to Momma Ford in Michigan.  With the email about tops this afternoon, if this does not get resolved, I will not get a 2021.  Can you sense my level of frustration?

8 hours ago, SevenT said:

I have the DORA to show what went into WBDO.  That does not mean that it got all the way up to Momma Ford in Michigan.  With the email about tops this afternoon, if this does not get resolved, I will not get a 2021.  Can you sense my level of frustration?

With the way things are going, what makes you think you'll get a 21? I thought Badlands was on the not likely to build list?

12 hours ago, SevenT said:

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is what Dealers use to submit orders to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). WBDO is a natural language-based system and the successor to the outdated CONCEPS system that required entering order codes for all the specifications. The DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) is based on the order information submitted via WBDO and is sent to the dealership's terminal but is available in print form only. The order specifications at Ford should be the same across all Ford systems as all the vehicle specifications are sourced from WBDO. As akirby stated, you need to address any discrepancies with your Dealer.

A scheduled order can be spec changed (limitations apply, such as Body Code, Powertrain, etc.) but requested changes have to comply with existing commodity restrictions. The changes are submitted to the plant for approval with a response within 48 hours. If approved, the vehicle's scheduled production is updated, usually with a one-week adjustment to the scheduled production week. Once the actual production date is assigned, the order is "locked in" and no further changes can be made.