Browneyes033

Regional scheduler priority code info

Can someone tell me how a regional schedule priority code 02 mean

25 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

Can someone tell me how a regional schedule priority code 02 mean

Up until recently, it was rare to see a "02" priority code. Usually when a dealership requests that a customer's retail order be reprioritized, the Regional Scheduler would normally assign an "01" code which is absolutely the best available. Both codes can only be assigned by the Regional Scheduler. I'm assuming that due to the large volume of retail customers orders that the regional office is using both codes to prioritize the orders further at the regional level. Both codes push an unscheduled order for expedited scheduling and forces the scheduling system to make exceptions to commodity restraints whenever possible. These codes don't necessarily mean that an order will be scheduled that week or the following week as the system still has to deal with a number of factors including interrupted plant schedules due to the microchip shortages, supplier issues, etc. It's important that changes not be made to an order after the regional office has reprioritized the order. Doing so normally kicks out the 01 or 02 priority code and the order will revert back to the original priority code. 

Well that is encouraging information. My 4/26/21 order (F150 4x4 Powerboost)  was originally a "10" priority but my dealer recently told me it was changed to "02". Whether it speeds things up is yet to be seen . Original build date was 9/8 but last week got bumped to 9/21.

Time will tell.    

2 hours ago, GypsyG said:

Well that is encouraging information. My 4/26/21 order (F150 4x4 Powerboost)  was originally a "10" priority but my dealer recently told me it was changed to "02". Whether it speeds things up is yet to be seen . Original build date was 9/8 but last week got bumped to 9/21.

Time will tell.    

If it already has a build date the priority codes are meaningless. 

11 hours ago, GypsyG said:

Time will tell.    

Priority codes only apply to unscheduled vehicle orders. 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:59 PM, mattdm said:

If it already has a build date the priority codes are meaningless. 

Gotcha... Thx for the clarification

19 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Priority codes only apply to unscheduled vehicle orders. 

Thanks. So much to learn about this whole process.

Thanks for the info.  Like you mentioned, I was told today that I had an 02 priority code and changing anything would revert me to a 19.