Jump to content





Valeriews

When we will have EPA numbers for Maverick Hybrid?

Recommended Posts

My Maverick Lariat Hybrid is scheduled to be built on November 8, but I'm starting to think I won't see it until April of 2022. If the delay is EPA numbers, what is Ford doing to help move the process along? There are a lot of us who ordered months ago getting very frustrated. Let us know what is going on, even if the news isn't good. I'm much more likely to stick it out and wait for my truck to come in if I know what is going on. If I am just going to be kept in limbo, I may be buying my first Toyota ever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Those are for the eco boost. The hybrid doesn’t appear on there yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Valeriews said:

My Maverick Lariat Hybrid is scheduled to be built on November 8, but I'm starting to think I won't see it until April of 2022. If the delay is EPA numbers, what is Ford doing to help move the process along? There are a lot of us who ordered months ago getting very frustrated. Let us know what is going on, even if the news isn't good. I'm much more likely to stick it out and wait for my truck to come in if I know what is going on. If I am just going to be kept in limbo, I may be buying my first Toyota ever...

 

Relax. As Silvrsvt posted, the EPA numbers have been released even though they're not yet included in the 2022 Maverick Order Guide. Vehicles are shipping with Window Stickers, including the EPA numbers, and can be delivered upon receipt at the dealership in compliance with the regulations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm curious-AFAIK, the Bronco and Mach E don't have crash test ratings and the Bronco Sport doesn't either, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Is the delays due to COVID or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh... silvrsvt, those are the numbers for the Ecoboost. There are no EPA numbers for the Hybrids yet, which is why none of them are being delivered. Ford doesn't have the OK to sell yet. We are all still waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Valeriews said:

Uh... silvrsvt, those are the numbers for the Ecoboost. There are no EPA numbers for the Hybrids yet, which is why none of them are being delivered. Ford doesn't have the OK to sell yet. We are all still waiting.

That hasn’t stopped Ford from shipping to dealers in the mean time. They just print off new stickers that have the final mileage rating. Wonder if there are QC issues or checks happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are only shipping the Ecoboosts, not Hybrids. I have two friends whose Hybrids are built, but no date for shipping. They are sitting at Hermosilla. I have the next build date for our group (instead of a motorcycle gang, we will be a Hybrid Maverick gang). I guess the hybrid was chosen for testing by EPA. Execs have been guessing March to April for delivery, but it would be nice to get official word from Ford, not hearsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Valeriews said:

 Execs have been guessing March to April for delivery, but it would be nice to get official word from Ford, not hearsay.

 

So hearsay is based on hearsay? ok now.....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. I just checked Ford's systems and there are no Hybrid Maverick's showing as shipped. I wouldn't be concerned and expect that the hold is nothing out of the ordinary and will be lifted soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Valeriews said:

They are only shipping the Ecoboosts, not Hybrids. I have two friends whose Hybrids are built, but no date for shipping. They are sitting at Hermosilla. I have the next build date for our group (instead of a motorcycle gang, we will be a Hybrid Maverick gang). I guess the hybrid was chosen for testing by EPA. Execs have been guessing March to April for delivery, but it would be nice to get official word from Ford, not hearsay.


The EPA doesn’t do the testing, Ford does.  The EPA only does random samples of some vehicles later as a control measure.

 

They would not build vehicles now if they weren’t sure they would be shipping soon.   This means they ran into a problem and had to redo their own internal testing or they had to change something last minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×