2022MY Orders Missouri/Illinois

gerstner5

Has anyone in Missouri or it’s surrounding states had good luck with a dealer ordering a ‘22 Super Duty? My salesman offered my deposit back since it’s been about 6 months without any progress. Figured I would reach out to the BOF community and see if anyone had any recommendations. Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, mattdm said:

It seems to really come down to options and your dealer allocations these days. Do you have adaptive steering on your order? If so that is definitely holding you up.

No sir. Lariat Value with a couple small add ons, bench seat and my hold up I believe is bedliner. Most likely cancelling tomorrow though. Not going to add bedliner to the next one. It also sounds like a holdup. 

I'm in the St Louis area.  If by "luck" you mean "have taken delivery of a 2022 Super Duty" then no, but I'm happy with my dealer, salesman, etc.  I placed my order on 9/21 and have not yet been scheduled.  They've been getting them in, though.  I don't know if it's a lot or a little -- no perspective.  But progress is progress.

I ordered from Chuck Anderson Ford in Missouri, Nick the General Manager gave me a great deal, very communicative. I ordered back on 4/26, took delivery 9/29. I knew the wait was going to be long so I didn't really bother him but he would email me on all updates even though I was getting the emails from Ford as well. I also live in Texas so he arranged to have it shipped to my local dealer since he bought my 2013 for a higher price than my local dealer was giving me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevens7.3 said:

I ordered from Chuck Anderson Ford in Missouri, Nick the General Manager gave me a great deal, very communicative. I ordered back on 4/26, took delivery 9/29. I knew the wait was going to be long so I didn't really bother him but he would email me on all updates even though I was getting the emails from Ford as well. I also live in Texas so he arranged to have it shipped to my local dealer since he bought my 2013 for a higher price than my local dealer was giving me.

Congratulations to your Dealer for sending you all your order updates! So nice to hear for a change!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevens7.3 said:

This right here is exactly what I was looking for Sir, I greatly appreciate you sharing this. Along with no progress, I felt like I got little to no information from my dealer. I’ve only called three times to ask for updates and it seemed like I was getting the runaround. I will definitely reach out to Nick. Communication is key with all of these commodity issues. 

Edited by gerstner5
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Congratulations to your Dealer for sending you all your order updates! So nice to hear for a change!

I reached out when it was posted about the COVP and he already knew about it and was taking care of it. He's an enthusiast like us and doesn't like the run around so he doesn't push it on his customers.

37 minutes ago, gerstner5 said:

This right here is exactly what I was looking for Sir, I greatly appreciate you sharing this. Along with no progress, I felt like I got little to no information from my dealer. I’ve only called three times to ask for updates and it seemed like I was getting the runaround. I will definitely reach out to Nick. Communication is key with all of these commodity issues. 

It just seems like a lot of sales people just didn't have the knowledge which is partially their managers fault in my opinion, but also follow up with your customer regardless if it's a 20k vehicle or a 100k vehicle. I hope you will be just as pleased as I was with my experience!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMSU22 said:

Ordered from Jim Trenary Ford in in Moscow Mills MO.  Ordered on 7/16 picked it up form dealer on 9/15.

Wow that is pretty good turn around.  Is your truck a 250, 350, or 450? And did you have any options that have caused delays to some builds? 

2 hours ago, gerstner5 said:

Wow that is pretty good turn around.  Is your truck a 250, 350, or 450? And did you have any options that have caused delays to some builds? 

350 Lariat 6.7 spray in bed liner, 5th wheel prep, Tremor, Blackout package, lariat ultimate, moon roof pretty much loaded.  I think I got lucky.  

18 minutes ago, CMSU22 said:

350 Lariat 6.7 spray in bed liner, 5th wheel prep, Tremor, Blackout package, lariat ultimate, moon roof pretty much loaded.  I think I got lucky.  

It definitely sounds like it.  Who did you deal with up there?  I live like 20 minutes West of Union, MO so I'm not terribly far from Trenary Ford.

12 minutes ago, gerstner5 said:

It definitely sounds like it.  Who did you deal with up there?  I live like 20 minutes West of Union, MO so I'm not terribly far from Trenary Ford.

Ask for Dave Doerhoff....tell him Curtis sent you.  I have sent some people his way and they have been treated well.  I got a blow invoice deal. My buddy ordered on 8/27 and it is scheduled to be at the dealer in 2 days, F250 tremor lariat.

13 minutes ago, CMSU22 said:

Ask for Dave Doerhoff....tell him Curtis sent you.  I have sent some people his way and they have been treated well.  I got a blow invoice deal. My buddy ordered on 8/27 and it is scheduled to be at the dealer in 2 days, F250 tremor lariat.

I am definitely going to reach out, Thank you for the tip.  I'll make sure to mention you.

46 minutes ago, CMSU22 said:

I sent him a text and told him someone may reach out about a truck and he may mention my name!!  Hope he can help you get the deal done. 

Just sent him an e-mail about 20-ish minutes ago.  Thanks again, I appreciate all your help sir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gerstner5 said:

Are you down 50 in the Gerald area?  I'm about 60 miles West of Union along 50. Small world!

I've got mine on order from Machens in Jefferson City.  Not the best communication, but I knew that going in.  Figure I can get as good or better information here. I've ordered all my vehicles from there and they treat me right, so I keep going back.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Are you down 50 in the Gerald area?  I'm about 60 miles West of Union along 50. Small world!

I've got mine on order from Machens in Jefferson City.  Not the best communication, but I knew that going in.  Figure I can get as good or better information here. I've ordered all my vehicles from there and they treat me right, so I keep going back.

yeah I’m actually just the next little town east of Gerald, in Leslie. Are you in the Linn area? I bought my last two vehicles from Jim Butler in Linn. Great to deal with, but they don’t sell ford. I’ve considered reaching out to Machens, I just wasn’t sure about their communication. 

The truck I am most likely cancelling is actually on order through Hutcheson in St. James. 

3 hours ago, gerstner5 said:

yeah I’m actually just the next little town east of Gerald, in Leslie. Are you in the Linn area? I bought my last two vehicles from Jim Butler in Linn. Great to deal with, but they don’t sell ford. I’ve considered reaching out to Machens, I just wasn’t sure about their communication. 

The truck I am most likely cancelling is actually on order through Hutcheson in St. James. 

I know exactly where Leslie is...small town that isn't much more than a church. :) 

Yep, I'm in Linn, about a mile from Jim Butler.  Got a friend that works there, but like you said, they don't sell Fords, so I have to go elsewhere.  My nephew actually starts at Machens on Monday.  If you're interested, I can get you his contact info and you can reach out.  He's new to the game, but he'll be much better at communication than my sales lady! LOL!

My brother has bought his last few trucks from Hutcheson and has been pleased with them.

Edited by fordmantpw

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

I know exactly where Leslie is...small town that isn't much more than a church. :) 

Yep, I'm in Linn, about a mile from Jim Butler.  Got a friend that works there, but like you said, they don't sell Fords, so I have to go elsewhere.  My nephew actually starts at Machens on Monday.  If you're interested, I can get you his contact info and you can reach out.  He's new to the game, but he'll be much better at communication than my sales lady! LOL!

My brother has bought his last few trucks from Hutcheson and has been pleased with them.

That’s it! We have a Church, and a little Bar called, “The Depot”. 

That’s wild. It is quite a small world. 

I would definitely be interested in his info, maybe I can get the first customer discount. Lol.

My work sends trucks down to Hutcheson from St. Louis when they have major diesel issues, they’re a great dealership. I just feel like my truck is stuck in some weird void somewhere and it is never going to get scheduled. My salesman offered me my deposit back, to go a different route, and I’m probably going to end up taking his offer. Hopefully it’ll pay off! I know the process is long, regardless of where you go, but my luck can’t be worse on my second try!

13 hours ago, gerstner5 said:

That’s it! We have a Church, and a little Bar called, “The Depot”. 

That’s wild. It is quite a small world. 

I would definitely be interested in his info, maybe I can get the first customer discount. Lol.

My work sends trucks down to Hutcheson from St. Louis when they have major diesel issues, they’re a great dealership. I just feel like my truck is stuck in some weird void somewhere and it is never going to get scheduled. My salesman offered me my deposit back, to go a different route, and I’m probably going to end up taking his offer. Hopefully it’ll pay off! I know the process is long, regardless of where you go, but my luck can’t be worse on my second try!

Sounds good, I'll shoot you a PM next week once he starts.

• Like 1

Ordered 5/19.  Took delivery on 9/18.  F350 Lariat, Tremor, 6.7, Lariat Ult, Black app....and other stuff.  Had adaptive steering on the build.  Removed it end of July.  One week later it was picked up for production.

Tri-Ford in Highland IL.  First time ordering a vehicle and they were extremely helpful.