Ford Maverick is a finalist for Motor Trend 2022 Truck of the Year

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

Stock ownership and collaboration are 2 different things.

Yes sir. If as jpd80 mentioned Ford does divest itself of the 12% of RIVN that it owns now, hopefully it will still continue collaborative projects with them. Ford and Rivian make good partners. 

I don't see Ford and Rivian being partners anymore. At one point, when Rivian didn't have a clear intention to go public, I think Ford was set on using the Rivian platform or technology. But once Rivian's other investors forced Ford off the board, it became clear that they will be competitors. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bzcat said:

I don't see Ford and Rivian being partners anymore. At one point, when Rivian didn't have a clear intention to go public, I think Ford was set on using the Rivian platform or technology. But once Rivian's other investors forced Ford off the board, it became clear that they will be competitors. 

Ford also did a good job of signalling its intentions during the IPO that it wouldn’t proceed with a Rivian based vehicle, so as to not mislead any investors Ford also indicated that the Rivian platform is non-compatible with Ford technology.  As fifth most important stockholder, Ford is now way down the pecking order at Rivian, so I’m betting they’ll off load stock once they get to six months after the IPO.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Ford also did a good job of signalling its intentions during the IPO that it wouldn’t proceed with a Rivian based vehicle, so as to not mislead any investors Ford also indicated that the Rivian platform is non-compatible with Ford technology.  As fifth most important stockholder, Ford is now way down the pecking order at Rivian, so I’m betting they’ll off load stock once they get to six months after the IPO.

Farley as much as said that during the Cramer Mad Money interview. Kind of looks like there is a break between Ford and Rivian going forward. They are competitors in the EV space now, not partners.