Can you order then pay Xplan?

That's my question. If I placed an order can I request X-plan once it comes in without any issues? The salesman told me this is the way to do it but after 5 months I'm now being told by a manager it's a new order with new pricing even though the original order number hasn't changed

Edited by jgdorado

20 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

That's my question. If I placed an order can I request X-plan once it comes in without any issues? The salesman told me this is the way to do it but after 5 months I'm now being told by a manager it's a new order with new pricing even though the original order number hasn't changed

Dancing with the devil there JG....X plan is given at the Dealers digression...they do NOT have to honor the pricing. If you get a signed Purchase order that literally states they will honor it ( and the sales person does not have that power )  you have ZERO guarantee X plan pricing will be honored.

gotta luv the games they play with our time and money. I just spoke with the owner who confirmed the order was actually processed not 9/29/21 but sometime in November. I might cancel and wait another year and another dealer. Maybe like a RAM dealer this time. Cummins is a great diesel

49 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

I did. The sales person is the one who said he'd just order it and do xplan when it came in.

A sales representative doesn't have the authority to decide whether the dealership will honor an X Plan request. Dealers are not obligated to do X Plan transactions. 

Edited by ice-capades

Management says there good with xplan.

Now they're telling me customer orders take from their allocations. They delayed tendering my order to Ford for 2 months (my order 9/29 their order with Ford mid November according to an executive secretary to the owner).

I don't mind issues..I get the delays, but I hate being lied to and jerked around like this

Edited by jgdorado

I’m in this same boat. Ordered mine late Oct, then discovered I was eligible for X Plan through Mustang Club a month later. Got the PIN from MCA and sent it to my sales rep, who replied that yeah, it should be useable as long as it doesn’t kick back out because of the expire date. I assume he means the truck showing up at the dealer before my 90 day wait period at MCA is past.

1 hour ago, jgdorado said:

Management says there good with xplan.

Now they're telling me customer orders take from their allocations. They delayed tendering my order to Ford for 2 months (my order 9/29 their order with Ford mid November according to an executive secretary to the owner).

I don't mind issues..I get the delays, but I hate being lied to and jerked around like this

Horse hockey.  COVP orders receive incremental allocation.

• Like 1

Thanks to this fun I'm leaving

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

Horse hockey.  COVP orders receive incremental allocation.

Thanks to this forum I'm learning just what you're saying. I've owned Ford's for over 43 years. I could have done a better job if I could just order from Ford and if Ford wants to give money to a local dealer that's on them. I'd have a solid order 2 months sooner than when the dealer got around to placing it with Ford. 

I'm so glad I found this forum. Thx

22 minutes ago, jgdorado said:

I could have done a better job if I could just order from Ford and if Ford wants to give money to a local dealer that's on them. I'd have a solid order 2 months sooner than when the dealer got around to placing it with Ford. 

In case you don’t know, that’s completely illegal.  And what your dealer did isn’t common at all.  You just got a terrible dealer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, akirby said:

What makes you think that isn’t the case?  Allocation doesn’t matter if parts aren’t available or you have more orders than can be built.

based on several statements Ford has provided us over the years and not followed through on....its the fool me once syndrome...trust me, my shaker is nigh empty....the latest go around regarding price protection was a DOOZIE...