Super Duty Scheduling Feb 7 Week

Denao_53

Forgive me if I missed this in Ice's notes, but Is there any Super Duty Scheduling this week? (Thursday/Friday) or could we see a VIN on Thursday or Friday this week? Or also, could there be incremental scheduling as well?

Getting conflicting information.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

Forgive me if I missed this in Ice's notes, but Is there any Super Duty Scheduling this week? (Thursday/Friday) or could we see a VIN on Thursday or Friday this week? Or also, could there be incremental scheduling as well?

Getting conflicting information.

Thanks

2022 Super Duty's are being scheduled tomorrow. 

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2022-02-07.jpg

• Like 1

I placed an order for an 22 F250 King Ranch on 1/18/22.  I got the welcome/order confirm email but have not heard a word since.  Any idea on when I may see a vin?  Dealer is a high volume dealer and this order has priority 10 attached to it.

I did order with adaptive steering but not the adaptive cruise.  Any thoughts on adaptive steering delaying the build?  Should I go in an add adaptive cruise to truck since it’s just sitting there waiting??

any help would be much appreciated.

in the meantime, my 2022 GT 500 Heritage build has been confirmed already which is great news for me but I need my daily driver back!!!

Thanks everyone!

23 minutes ago, RCD said:

I placed an order for an 22 F250 King Ranch on 1/18/22.  I got the welcome/order confirm email but have not heard a word since.  Any idea on when I may see a vin?  Dealer is a high volume dealer and this order has priority 10 attached to it.

I did order with adaptive steering but not the adaptive cruise.  Any thoughts on adaptive steering delaying the build?  Should I go in an add adaptive cruise to truck since it’s just sitting there waiting??

in the meantime, my 2022 GT 500 Heritage build has been confirmed already which is great news for me but I need my daily driver back!!!

Thanks everyone!

Please go back and read the top 2 or 3 topics in the super duty forum.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RCD said:

Thanks everyone!

Builds have been taking a long time could take months to get a vin, and I do believe adaptive steering will cause a delay but others can correct me. I wouldn’t expect a truck in less than 4 or 5 months. Unless you are one of the lucky ones!

Wow.  thanks for the feedback.

Dealer is saying 8-12 weeks 

The deal with adaptive steering from ford says no stock vehicles can be ordered with that option but retail orders can.  I suspect that’s to allocate the limited amount of parts to vehicles that are already sold, retail orders.

I’m going to dig in a bit more.  8-12 weeks is doable but 4-5 months ain’t for me..  

any other feedback before I make a decision to cancel the order and look around the country for a truck?

Akirby,

Thanks.  I did see that Ford is scheduling the 250s tomorrow for until build dates in March.  Maybe I’m lucky.  Who know.

is a priority 10 the top or fastest orders to be built?  

If the steering is really an issue and I remove it, does anyone think it will reply make a difference in getting a much earlier build date?  If it’s a priority 10 now, we go through this week of scheduling and it does not get picked up after a month, should I then remove it and wait again?

thanks again to everyone.  Other than buying my 2 gt500s (which make sense because they make so few of them) I’ve never really had an issue with any of my previous orders including my 2020 f150 limited 

RCD- I would suggest spending some time reading the 2022 Super Duty discussion Forum... all your answers and more can be found by reading the last handful of pages.

8-12 weeks to be delivered to the dealer is most likely impossible. You're already at 4 weeks since order (almost), scheduling this week for building 3/14 (others have already been scheduled for this week already) so odds are, you won't get built by then. Another 4 weeks out before build could even start and then time to build, ship, etc you're already past your 8-12 week window the dealer told you. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

RCD- I would suggest spending some time reading the 2022 Super Duty discussion Forum... all your answers and more can be found by reading the last handful of pages.

8-12 weeks to be delivered to the dealer is most likely impossible. You're already at 4 weeks since order (almost), scheduling this week for building 3/14 (others have already been scheduled for this week already) so odds are, you won't get built by then. Another 4 weeks out before build could even start and then time to build, ship, etc you're already past your 8-12 week window the dealer told you. 

The 8-12 weeks would be a miracle. I’ve had my 450 on order for 3 months as of yesterday and not a word. Dealer said the guy that ordered 2 weeks before me got scheduled a couple weeks ago. So I wouldnt hold my breath when they say 8-12 weeks

Thanks so much for providing info to all of us.  It’s very helpful.

Just called and cancelled the adaptive steering on my 22 F250 in hopes of it getting pickup for scheduling.

it’s super hard to make any decisions without accurate and timely info..  

this board has been helpful.  

I’ll update everyone as the process moves along.

Randy 

I waited for 6 month and then, finally, I received my VIN and production week last week.

Whatever your dealer tells you on wait time is a total guess on their part. They really don't know. Not even a little bit.

While I was waiting to be scheduled, I paid pretty close attention to what configurations were successfully being scheduled (based on some very limited data, of course). This all applies to retail orders only, by the way. Adaptive steering was a "dead on arrival" option for everything except King Ranch models all the way from the start of MY22 production (last July) up to the end of 2021 year. Since then, many orders with AS have been scheduled. I haven't seen Adaptive Cruise be an issue for scheduling at all. More recently, Ford has declared possible scheduling delays for orders with Black Appearance Package, Spray-in Bed Liner, 5th wheel prep, and any OEM tonneau cover (among other things). Even with those stated restriction, orders have still been getting scheduled with them, albeit at lower rates than orders without them. My order has all of those things and was still scheduled last week. So, while I'm sure there is some rhyme/reason to it (if you were able to see all the levers and knobs behind the scenes of the scheduling process), from the outside looking in (including the perspective of your dealer) it's a total crap shoot.

Where I live, unless I want to pay new-truck prices for used or I want to pay over MSRP for a "bare bones" work truck (think XL/XLT, Oxford White, sparse options), there's not much to be found out there.

-SR-

32 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

Would the Ultimate Package hold this up any differently than the know commodity holds? 

Now I'm being told something about being "locked in a commitment run". No idea what that means. 

i dont think the lariat ulitmate hits any stop items on its own.  you cannot change your order once you are scheduled for production

11 hours ago, CBears said:

Some folks are getting through in 8-12 but I'd say most are double that and I've been waiting since August 10th.  There's all kinds of discussion about it in other posts.

@CBears I might just get lucky. Placed my order on 2/1 and just got my production email from Ford scheduled for the week of  3/28. I’m confident there will be delays, but I’m shocked I got the email and VIN so damn soon. It ruined my damn golf game today

2 hours ago, muggerzh said:

i dont think the lariat ulitmate hits any stop items on its own.  you cannot change your order once you are scheduled for production

I have the Ultimate and BAP. The spray-in was causing delays, but I received my production week email today, only 9 days after I placed my order. So, I’m not sure if they’ve corrected it. 

1 hour ago, FirstFord22 said:

I have the Ultimate and BAP. The spray-in was causing delays, but I received my production week email today, only 9 days after I placed my order. So, I’m not sure if they’ve corrected it. 

The bed spray apparently has to go across the street so that scheduling has been a delay, but lots of folks have canceled it now and it may be freeing up.  i think guys are getting worried they wont get built this model year.

24 minutes ago, muggerzh said:

The bed spray apparently has to go across the street so that scheduling has been a delay, but lots of folks have canceled it now and it may be freeing up.  i think guys are getting worried they wont get built this model year.

I wasn’t willing to give up the BAP, so I had no choice but to keep the spray-in and wait. Like I said, I was anticipating a summertime build, so I couldn’t be more pleased so far.

11 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

I wasn’t willing to give up the BAP, so I had no choice but to keep the spray-in and wait. Like I said, I was anticipating a summertime build, so I couldn’t be more pleased so far.

Were you the guy that had the dealer screw them by ordering your truck as a stock order instead of a retail order? 

Edited by TheFatInTheHat

4 hours ago, TheFatInTheHat said:

Were you the guy that had the dealer screw them by ordering your truck as a stock order instead of a retail order? 

Good memory! I would say it worked out pretty well taking my chances by placing a new order. Who the hell knows where I would be in Ford’s queue if I had stayed with the first dealer!

• Like 1