Aux Tank Install Pics

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 4:24 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Almost finished with my auxiliary fuel tank install.  Still have to do the wiring but the plumbing is finished.

Figured I would share some pictures.

Was going to use it to transport moonshine but then thought, "nah, I'll just use it for gasoline"???

Question:  In your plumbing into the factory fill line, there are two lines.  One is obviously the supply line from the pump, is the other a vent?  If so, is it to keep from having a separate vent on the bed tank?  I would think so but wanted to be sure as I'll be installing one when my truck gets here.

Thanks

Allen

23 minutes ago, Blown32 said:

Question:  In your plumbing into the factory fill line, there are two lines.  One is obviously the supply line from the pump, is the other a vent?  If so, is it to keep from having a separate vent on the bed tank?  I would think so but wanted to be sure as I'll be installing one when my truck gets here.

Thanks

Allen

One is the supply, the other is a vent for the truck tank back into the aux tank...and the aux tank is standalone vented also.

This tank also has check valves in the fittings...in case of rollover it will/should block the vent) lines.

I really didn't need the vent in the filler tube as both tanks are individually vented and the pump I went with is ridiculously low volume gpm, but I figure, it's better this way rather than vent fumes out of the side of the truck at the fuel door.

People know not to smoke at a gas station pump, but no one would think twice about walking up beside a truck smoking a cigarette or cigar.

I only pump while not driving so I can monitor, and just figure it's better to vent from tank to tank to center of truck with low fumes. Rather then right out the gas door.

17 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

One is the supply, the other is a vent for the truck tank back into the aux tank...and the aux tank is standalone vented also.

This tank also has check valves in the fittings...in case of rollover it will/should block the vent) lines.

I really didn't need the vent in the filler tube as both tanks are individually vented and the pump I went with is ridiculously low volume gpm, but I figure, it's better this way rather than vent fumes out of the side of the truck at the fuel door.

People know not to smoke at a gas station pump, but no one would think twice about walking up beside a truck smoking a cigarette or cigar.

I only pump while not driving so I can monitor, and just figure it's better to vent from tank to tank to center of truck with low fumes. Rather then right out the gas door.

Thanks, sounds like a good way to do it!

Screenshot_20220406-223046_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1444b06a995e61e41b5e7fabf825cf44.jpg

2 hours ago, jstenger said:

Thanks. I have been looking at the 109 gallon TransferFlow tank. It is shown only with a hand pump. I would like to do a setup similar to yours.

109...wow!

With that you could drive from the Atlantic to the Pacific and never stop for fuel @ 15-16 mpg. Even towing will get you 1500+/-.

I like the ATI...well built, good price. Mine was 1150 with options and freight, 100 for fuel pump and 150 for stainless lines and fittings. I got lucky and this tank was the perfect size I wanted. But they can alter and customize the design if needed they have many DOT approved gasoline tank sizes. Tank and barrel had the best pricing on that tank so I bought it though them, and I checked every site and local business out there.

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

I installed a RDS 60 gallon in bed tank and have it set up gravity feed, I just open the valve on the tank when we start our trip and it keeps the main tank full until it runs empty and then I will start to see the main tank being used and then just look for a fill up when it gets to 1/2 or 1/4 full. Usually this allows to  me to get to my destination before needing to fuel up, that way I can fill up both tanks when the 5th wheel is located at the campground. Have done it this way for 2 years and haven't had any issues.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'd love a ATI tank but hear in NYS its illegal to have over 100 gallons total as you have to display a special HAZE-MAT certificate and labels on truck, etc. 

I live in the Catskills,  gas is pricey so I'd love to get filled up 20-25 cents cheaper on trips.  Looks nice setup. Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • ice-capades changed the title to Aux Tank Install Pics